Reviews for Orpheus
Phalanx30 chapter 13 . 4/21/2014
This is wonderful.
And you reunited two of my favorite couples.
Wesley and Fred
Jenny and Giles

Thank you, Wes was so in character.
"Show me Fred" beautiful and heartbreaking.

Well done.
Charlene chapter 13 . 6/2/2012
You nailed the buffyverse perfectly! What a wonderful story.
mossomness chapter 13 . 9/2/2011
Holy crap! This was one of the best fanfics I have ever read (and I have read a ton)! The characterization for EVERY character was spot on. That is saying a lot when there are so many buffyverse characters present.

And talk about an emotional roller coaster. The story ended at such a happy place. Fred and Wesley deserve to be happy together for eternity, and you gave that to them. But not before you put us through some intense turmoil. When Lilah begged Wesley to take her instead, I felt like I had been punched in the chest. I couldn't breathe until I finished that scene. And when the Mayor decided to switch Fred and Lilah, I started to cry and had to take a walk around my apartment to calm down. This story hurt at times (in a good way), and then made up for it with beautiful sappiness. Gosh this was great. Thanks so much for this lovely story. I will definitely be reading it over and over again.
LastToFirst chapter 13 . 3/15/2009
wow, great story! i love the way everyone seemed to find a perfect match in the end. i especially like the idea of lindsey and faith, i had never really considered how well the two would go together!
pyrebi chapter 13 . 4/7/2007
*makes squeaky noises* THAT WAS AWESOME! That was probably one of the most fun, satisfying fics I've ever read! You did such an incredible job overall, and there were so many lovely little details. I'm just...in awe.

So, my favorite bits?

1) All the cameos. I was going "e!" over the throwaway mentions of Jonathan, Larry, Nina and Oz; giggling over Jenny and Giles; and going into absolutely glee mode over the second gift being Joyce's cookies.

2) The choice of main characters. Doyle for the win, of course. And Anya was hella entertaining. Then I literally physically did "flappy hands" when Lindsey turned out to be helping Fred. (I've always had a soft spot for mister-plastic-to-evil-handed-flippy-haired-lawyer-dude, and the fact that he not only was included but got to go to heaven at the end? Omigod, YAY! Just another reason this fic owns me.) AND THE MAYOR! I was grinning like mad. I always liked the Mayor just because he was interesting, and you did great with him.

3) Your voices! Wow, you did a great job with dialogue. A lot of people (myself included) have trouble with it, but yours was so natural and in-character, I could really hear everyone's voices saying those lines. What was really impressive was that I could tell the difference between the characters just from your lines alone. The Mayor read like the Mayor, Lindsey read like Lindsey, Cordy like Cordy, Anya like Anya, Faith like Faith. It was really impressive, and made the jokes even better.

4) Your sense of humor. It woulda been pretty easy to make this an overall angst fic, but you threw in some wickedly hilarious stuff. I was surprised to find myself laughing (out loud!) in basically every chapter. It was usually Anya's fault, but really, wow. Whether it was Anya's awesome "Emphasis on the old, whereas I am young and limber" from the first chapter, Lindsey purposefully hitting people with his truck in the eleventh, or "Is the Giant Head hitting on me? ... Weird" from the final, whenever I wasn't biting my nails, I was giggling.

5) The plot, of course! You did a fantastic job with pacing; it was a nice long story without getting bogged down and losing focus. And I'll take a Wesley-centric bit any day (favorite character, you see), but you went above and beyond my expectations. It was a very nicely described fic that got its point across without going heavy into the exposition. And happy endings, yay! Eveything I wanted! Wes has Fred (and got some, hurrah), Lindsey gets to go to heaven, the Mayor is so proud of Faith, and Angel and the Ministers of Grace won the big battle! *happy dances*

You did wonderfully. This must go on my favorites list, because I want to read it again and again. Thank you so much for writing and posting such a entertaining and fulfilling story! I'm such a fan now!

Erm, sorry for the huge review...! (Just got a little enthusiastic, I guess.)
Kaleidoscope Machine chapter 13 . 1/4/2007
I really loved this story! I know it's really sad, but I only just starting watching Angel a little while ago and I just finished season 5 last night! I was so so so upset that they killed Fred, so I'm so glad I found this story! I loved how you added all the best characters from both shows, and you wrote Anya perfectly... her every line made me laugh. I'm suprised I couldn't find a Wesley/Fred c2, but this story made up for it : )
bookworm26 chapter 13 . 6/9/2005
This is the best ff I have ever read! Go you...it was wonderfully written!
Alesford chapter 13 . 3/27/2005
Awesome job! You completely caught the voices of all the characters! Well done, Elizabeth.

Faith and Lindsay? An interesting couple; I'd like to look more into that. Ah, Lindsay and Faith, the reformed couple.

The diner thing? Fun. I'd like to die and end up in a diner, where I can eat and eat and not gain weight. What a wonderful world...

Again, job well done!
MadelineFate chapter 13 . 12/8/2004
Wow... I'm glad I finally checked to see if this story was finished. That ending left me all warm and fuzzy. I love happy endings, and they happen so rarely in the Whedon-verse. And yay for saving Lindsay! I've always had a soft spot for him, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. )
Freedra Kyes chapter 13 . 11/14/2004
great ending to a great story. well done.
fractured-fairytales-awards chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Orpheus has been nominated at Fractured Fairytales Awards for the No Greater Love Award. If you wish to decline the nomination or enter in other categories, please contact us.
Freedra Kyes chapter 9 . 10/27/2004
oh, wow ,looking good. i'll read the other chapters tomorow night. btw, really good!
Trisha chapter 13 . 9/4/2004
Oh my God...such a agood story. I loved reading it. It was awesome. The characters were all in character and Anya had me laughing and Lindsey and Lilah were better than ever. I loved The Mayor and Faith's interaction and Gunn and Anya getitng hooked up. And reading Doyle back...priceless. And of course, who couldn't love Wesley and Fred. So romantic, so sweet and so goddamn cute. Thanks so much Elizabeth5 for such an awesome story! -Trisha
Fred Dumpling chapter 13 . 8/12/2004
Aw. It's over? DARN YOU! Naw, I'm just kidding. It was good. Sweet. Nice way to end the story.
Wesfan1234 chapter 13 . 8/3/2004
That last part was so funny. Good story. I can't wait for more from you.