Reviews for The Many Shades of Sue
Mystic Fairy Tame chapter 4 . 4/3
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Too late. I took this personally and am not ashamed to do it because of your prejudice against Mary Sues. I don't believe that they exist in fiction just as I know that they don't in non-fiction .But even if they do exist in fantasy, I still appreciate them, except for one.

One of the reasons why I take this fic personally is because is because you thought it was funny when Gaston told Adam that he could have let him fall in Trudi Rose's fanfic, The Fairest of Them All. How would you like it if someone told you that? Would you think that it's funny?

Think about what I'm tellin' you.
Cyeithen chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
This was funny and I like your first two OCs. You should try to do a story with them.
strange moth chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
I liked your rant it was relaxing to read.

If someone tells you not to make a Mary Sue character, then tell them in a smug voice they never said anything about Marty Stus! :)
JoeMerl chapter 4 . 5/13/2009
These poems were pretty good. ;-) I especially liked the third one, that was funny. And those OCs you describe actually sound pretty interesting, especially Dib's sidekick. I actually might steal that idea from you, heh-heh...
Horrible Fanfic Fangirl chapter 4 . 8/22/2007
*cough*I'M GUILTY!*cough*

Thankfully I've never been brave enough to post my Sue fic on the internet, but I know the feeling... :\

Anyway, great poems! Very true and very funny! :D
Nate The Ape chapter 4 . 6/8/2007
This takes a bit of courage to admit, but you've pretty much caught the spirit of why I decided to begin writing fanfic myself-although it was all about Kong of course, not Zim. I certainly don't regret it though. :)
Nate The Ape chapter 3 . 6/8/2007
Ha, nice song! If I'm not careful, I might get it stuck in my head. ;)
Nate The Ape chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
Whoa. Professional writers face MAJOR criticism? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong type of career here... At least I take mine seriously though.

I don't recall ever having seen a "Scary Sue" in any fanfic, but I assume they must be clones of unpleasant characters like the Count's ladies in Dracula, or Queen Jadis/The White Witch in the Narnia books?
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
*chuckles* I like the humor in this, and hear you. While I respect the fact that Mary Sue characters are often the trademark of beginning writers, and are often quite innocently done, it can become ridiculous after a while for sure.

Even as a reader who generally restricts himself to the Lion King, King Kong, and Watership Down sections of this site, I've still come across enough of those god-awful, tiresome, too-perfect OCs to easily last a lifetime.

"And make characters OOC. The last thing is what I do best..." Too true there. All I can say is that if I ever do that or make a character that turns out to be a Mary/Martin Sue, you have my permission to chuck ME into a pit of giant insects or off the Empire State Building-post haste.
Ashsema chapter 4 . 6/10/2005
Greetings Maran Zelde, Laugher at oneself is so very important, and as you said; we all start out as newbies. Newbies should not take offense. We can only improve with time. There is never a day that I fail to learn something new. - Ashsema
Invader-Nehima chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
*grr* Damn Mary Sues!

Can you put Gir in a poem? I LOVE Gir!
randomstalker chapter 4 . 1/28/2005
I love it! and for once i dont take it personally!

I hate sue. I HATE HER SO MUCH!

happy writing!
RavenGaleSpencer chapter 4 . 1/9/2005
Hahah! Oh, how this brings back memories. Especially the newbie chapter. When I was a newbie Zim fan (back when it was just starting) I actually thought it was a pretty original idea to give Dib or Zim a girlfriend. I mean, they were both pretty unpopular at the Skool, weren't they, so someone liking them for a change was an innovative concept, in my opinion. ...Then I discovered fanfiction, and how horribly wrong I was. So, none of my characters ever got romantically involved with them, even those that were originally created to.

Getting back to this fic, though, your wit never ceases to amaze me. I haven't been on for awhile, but now that I'm back, I hope to hear more from you!
iEATfood chapter 4 . 11/13/2004
yea, the first thing that pops into peoples mind when writing a fanfic is; lets give them girlfriends!' but seriosly zim with a girlfriend! every time i think of that i remmember his coversaition with tak -you know when she reivieled herself..- man that alien has a listening problem!...and really big ego!

btw..i read all of your fics they're so funny

i edited my dexter-zim crossovr fic.

t'would be nice to get some advice your writing is so neat -i'm new to this writing thing y'know...
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »