Reviews for Past and Present
sunnydayz56 chapter 30 . 6/4/2011
When I read that a priest was coming I immediately thought "Yes! Capitan Jack escapes again!"
SimplySinful21 chapter 30 . 7/17/2010
I loved the beginning of this sequel and the story before it...but i was very disappointed in the ending...I mean, Anamaria kicks ass! She does not just sit on her butt and mourn! This last chp. u did, i was hoping she would use those old clothes of Chris's to change into pirate wear and try to find her rother and Jack! But now i hyope u make a part 3 to this or im going to be pissed off! But loved ur stories!

4rm da blck chick$$$
Mertiya chapter 30 . 3/14/2010
Hm...that was quite a good read. The only quibbles I have are that Jack's backstory, while fascinating, seems a tad out of character for him-almost too sane, as it were! On the other hand, you did a very good job of weaving together the new characters with the old, though poor Prescott! Losing his admiralty (I know, he wasn't that upset by it, but still) All in all nice job!
marlamulder chapter 30 . 9/12/2006
This is absolutely one of the BEST POTC stories that I've read! Usually, I'll get a couple of chapters into a story and have to stop reading because the characterizations just don't ring true. You've especially captured Jack's character well (something that is hard to do as he is a difficult character to write!) I love the backstory that you have given to Jack-very interesting. I also don't usually get attached to "original" characters-but I have very much enjoyed reading about "Scotty" and Ana's husband-both interesting characters! To sum it up: I love, love, love this story! I hope you continue to write as you definitely have a talent!
Vampireguardian chapter 30 . 8/7/2006
I just finished this one, and I was on the edge of my seat in the tense moments and in pain in the angstsy ones. I must your the first author that i have read nearly all stories to the end point and reviewed each when i got there. All that is left is brothers and im fearful of reading that if its not finished for you leave the worst, known to all readers and writers, cliffhangers. By the way, did you invent the word? It would seem like it from your ends of nearly all the chapters. But this was superb! Hm i hope that Jack and Anamaria will get to just love each other at some point in one of your stories that has chapters. Very good, until i read brothers.
cornflakesnobowl chapter 30 . 3/12/2006
i have to say,PAP was better than "A Beginning" it was more suspenseful, and had a lot of twists. i couldn't review every chapter as i read but as an overall of the whole story - 9/10 (minus 1 cuz Jack and Ana weren't together in the end)

i registered just to add this story to a favorite list...LOL

i'm not good at words...not that words could describe how wonderful this story was. good job! i'm off the read the 3rd installment now...

Tiera (ooshady_girloo)
Princess.Jack.N.Anamaria chapter 30 . 12/9/2005
Again, this story is beautiful. It is also:

1) Bee-u-tee-ful

17)Smooth

18)Unique

19)Fresh

20)Lovely

AND SO MUCH MORE! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ 'BROTHERS'! YIPEE-KI-YAY! Lol Love it, Love It, LOVE IT! Yummy goodness this is. Don't stop! ~_
dedanaan chapter 30 . 11/6/2005
This was a great sequel. I loved how Prescott evolved and finally gave up his life on the straight and narrow to embrace freedom. Loved that it was Anamaria who ran Chris through with the cutlass - the lying, murdering bastard deserved it.
an-angel-in-hell chapter 30 . 4/16/2005
well, what can i say? this is an AMAZING story, you are a WONDERFUL writer, and you are DEFINATELY going on my favorite author's list...
DragonRider Mage chapter 30 . 3/2/2005
You have outdone yourself once again with another ingenious story! Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, and I nearly cried when I had to go to class in the middle of reading it. (What's up with this "school" crap getting in the way of the things that are really important? I mean, come on.) I adore your gift for prose, your insightful characterization, and your deliciously twisty plots. You also have an admirable talent for creating the most dramatic scenes possible, which had me screaming such things as "Get the knife! The KNIFE, damn it! It's RIGHT THERE!" and "That is NOT what happened, YOU LYING BASTARD!" Oh the drama. ;)

In conclusion, I would like to thank you for providing with such an enjoyable, well-written fic. It's a good thing SOMEBODY's got high quality standards around here. :D

P.S. I could not help but notice that "Brothers" is no further along than it was when I reviewed "A Beginning." Might I be correct in assuming this means it is still not finished? Oh, you torture me so! (Yes, of COURSE I expected you to post twenty-seven chapters in the eighteen hours between that review and this one. What's so unreasonable about that?)

P.P.S. I feel I must reiterate: OMG WRITE MORE SOON PLZ!1
Ariana Surion chapter 30 . 10/4/2004
-Faints.- This is by far the best story I have EVER read. Your plots are well thought out, and not a single person is OOC. This ending was wonderful, and I know that Jack and Ana couldn't have gone off together. :/ Sad, but true. I am impatiently, but eagerly awaiting your next fic to feed us more of the story of Scotty, Jack, and Ana. :D

-Your loyal, insane, PotC-loving fan, Vikki
eternityisours chapter 30 . 10/2/2004
first of all, i just want to thank you for writing this story and for giving me something to fantasize about...heehee! anyway, this was a wonderful ending! yes, i agree, they didn't exactly run off into the sunset on the Dauntless or whatever, but that is a better ending than you could have made it! i would have gotten extremely angry at you, save for the fact that you said you were going to create a sequel. and because of that, i don't care so much for this epilogue as much as i would have. but wonderful chapters, wonderful story, but you'd better create your next story soon, before i start screaming about how Jack and Anamaria are supposed to be together...i thought it was rather unfair that she didn't know Prescott or Scotty or whatever saved Jack, so please fix in the next story! dear me, this is a long review.

also, i enjoyed the part where Scotty (as i am now calling him for some reason along with you) and Jack were arguing about whose ship it was...:)

-Mina
Original Max A chapter 30 . 10/2/2004
Well, first i would like to say that I have not been a faithful reviewer, but i faithful reader, most definitely. I couldn't believe that this is the end. It so hard to say goodbye to good story. I agree with your reasons for Jack and Ana not going in to the sunset together, but still. it hurts. I loved the agruement b/w Jack and Scotty. It was funny. typical males. Not that they were arguing over a stupid things, it was just amusing. so my big question, (hoping that you make another series) is what happens to Prescott and will bootstrap be in the next story. Also, does the Loyalty turn into the Black Pearl? And ... well you get the picture, I'm just wondering when and how do the facts of the movie tie in. That is if you do another awesome story. I really can't say how much I like this enough. It's awesome and you rock.

OH and Ana in this chapter was awesome. It's funny how many definitions of herself that she goes through. She's a strong lady.

Keep Writing

Original Max A
Sophie chapter 30 . 10/1/2004
Wow, your story was great, keep it up! I really enjoyed it when Jack and Prescott were arguing at the end as to who the ship belonged to.
Yuna-flowering chapter 30 . 10/1/2004
hmm, the ending was good :) and Scarlett showing up again, ha ha :) get working on the next installment! Can't wait for it! :) Write! :)