Reviews for Inevitable
venuslegacy9 chapter 19 . 7/9/2011
Wow, this was a very intense journey with raw potent emotions, especially on Kagome's part. I think this story really deals with the culture clash that arises from placing a girl 500 years from the future in to the past, and what happens when the ideals, norms, values and politics of a time are so dramatically different. In the end I think Inuyasha did love Kagome, in as much as he was able to given the adversities he'd faced in life, and insecurities about being a 'half-breed' and being unworthy of such things. The depth of his emotions and the fact that he is willing to make a sacrifice is no more evident than in the final chapter and epilogue, when he commits a most selfless act for the person he cares about the most. I wonder if when he made that final wish, if he realised the truth of his feelings? This is a brilliant story, well done :-)
Uzamaki-Girl chapter 19 . 2/28/2011
This story was amazing! I would love to see chapter 18 from Inuyasha's point of view. Any chance of that happening?
WITCHBLADE86 chapter 19 . 1/3/2010
Loved the story. KUDOS!
SimplyIndefinable1992 chapter 19 . 5/18/2009
I have an urge to go curl up in a corner right now... seriousl, I think the angst might have been too much for me to handle...good job though...*sobbing hysterically*
bvianja chapter 19 . 7/18/2008
THIS STORY WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

I loved it.
xsachi chapter 19 . 5/3/2008
its a very confusing story i must say...
maddie chapter 9 . 8/15/2007
who was the boy that died? Absolutely amazing story by the way. It is very intense, which is why it's so unique. A lot of people are probably afraid to write stories like this, but diversity is good, so needs stories like this. I'm glad i found it. email me back if possible to let me know who died.

kitsune-koinu chapter 19 . 9/22/2006
hn.
Cyberlina chapter 15 . 4/16/2006
She's in the mood of the climax but going OOC. your 'personnage'is developping a mind of its own. get a grip on her. she's maddening! a little too hysterical. neurotic even. i can't get a grip on her mind. she doesn't even know what she wants. is it going too abstract again?
Cyberlina chapter 8 . 4/16/2006
Questionning Honor in Japan and in modern chapter is weird. these people live on honor. Harakiri? anybody heard of it? japan suicide rates? economic failure? its all a question of honour in asia mentality that drives everyday life. they do resort to death as a honorable means instead of facing humiliation/
Cyberlina chapter 7 . 4/16/2006
wtf. this chapter is hell way too abstract. you have to loosen the grip on inspiration round here. all n all i luv ur story. i like it far better that the famous Possession which took an utterly disgusting route, i prefer attempted rape better than incest. pukes. Shippo and Kag? i couldn' read on. i'm glad i stumbled on your story.
sum1 chapter 19 . 12/25/2005
so what happened? ya lost me at the end. well it was an awesome fic, email so u can explain the ending to me cuz i don't get it. k? thanx
Ranuel chapter 19 . 11/17/2005
I first read this not long after it was finished. I didn't review then because my reaction was radically different from most of the posted reviews and I wanted to think about it. I came across it again and re-read it a couple of days ago and had pretty much the same reaction only more so.

You have obviously done a lot of research on the time period. Have you actually read the manga or watched the series? The only characters who are not OOC in some way are Kohaku and Shippou.

Inuyasha has repeatedly shown that under all his prickly defense mechanisms he has a heart of marshmallow cream. He curses and postures but he repeatedly does the kind and compassionate thing even when Kagome isn't standing over him to make sure he does. He can't stand it when Kagome cries but we are supposed to believe that he has it in him to be cold and abusive to Kagome? He takes great care in making sure even the least little scratch is taken care of when she gets hurt but here he claws and beats her with no hesitation? It takes him nearly dying to let out his demon but here a little jealousy is enough to do it? I don't buy it. What's more there is no support in the story for his behavior we are just supposed to accept it to make the angst work.

And what about Kagome? Kagome stands up to powerful murderous youkai on a regular basis. She tells Inuyasha where to stick it without a second thought but one round of bad sex and suddenly she's a neurotic doormat? A boy she loves like a little brother (and maybe a son) is dying by inches and she's going days without seeing him to flip burgers at Wakdonalds and going to college? Why? It's not like she can't take a semester off or something.

Which brings me to the plot holes. Shippou was poisoned months ago and what did they do? From what I see in the text they sat around and watched him starve without doing much of anything. Did Myouga try to create an antidote? What about a youkai healer? Kitsune healers are some of the best around and would surely help a desperately ill child. Did anyone so much as pray for Inari to protect one of his/her own?

No one notices Kagome's increasing depression at all? Miroku is a pretty good psychologist and Kaede isn't too bad herself. They both observe closely and give advice (or a boot to the head) when needed to help keep this little group sane but not here. Miroku goes so far as to imply that because of the ridged social rules of the day (which he has only ever observed when it suited him before) he can't do anything to help smooth things over between Kagome and Inuyasha.

Mama has always been very in tune with Kagome and she doesn't figure out there's a problem with her either? Her main concern seems to be that her grown daughter (20 years old) is sleeping with her boyfriend not that she is having a nervous breakdown. Why would the doctor give a report to Mama about it? Don't the Japanese have any privacy laws? Even before the current strict laws here if a woman was accompanied by a family member the staff would make sure that it was ok with the patient to discuss things in front of that person.

And how did Kagome get on the pill without going to a doctor and getting a pelvic to begin with? It may be different in Japan or where you live but in the US you can't get the pill without a prescription and I don't know of any doctor that will give a prescription for it without a full physical first because of the risk of high blood pressure and the need to be sure that the girl isn't pregnant before beginning the pill.

Even virgins are supposed to start having pelvics in their early twenties to do a pap smear to check for cancer so what's with all the shame? It will be a crime if even one girl is afraid to go have this life saving procedure done because of this story.

You do write gripping scenes, it was only after reading the story that most of the above wandered into my mind because you did catch me up in the narrative. It was only the repeated OOC behavior that kept pulling me out of the story.

If I had never read or watched Inuyasha or this story was about two other people then I would have enjoyed it very much and glossed over the plot errors. Setting them up in a post Naraku traumatized state was an interesting idea but then you needed to let them react to that as themselves not as your original characters who just happened to have the same names and physical descriptions.
Afrodite chapter 8 . 11/5/2005
This fic continues to amaze me with how powerfully written it is. Reading this has been more compelling than watching the anime. I thought it was a nice touch how you used Kohaku's honor suicide to show a conflict between the traditions of Inuyasha's era against that of Kagome's time.
Afrodite chapter 7 . 11/5/2005
This story is so moving and well-written!

My mind raced in this chapter as I tried to figure out who the corpse was. The suspense in this fic is so edge-of-your seat!