Reviews for Sir
Ladyaloysius chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
Powerful story!
honeydust9251 chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Was just sifting through the older stories looking for something to read. The real reason Gibbs doesn't like being called sir is because he is a former marine non-commissionned officer. 'Sir' or 'ma'am' is a respectful designator reserved for commissioned officers. Generally the expression is "don't call me sir. I work for a living." In spite of the respect, the deroggatory remark represents the fact that NCO's are the indians (the workers) and officers are the chiefs. Its a military thing.
TeacherTam chapter 4 . 4/10/2007
Oh, *please* tell me that there's more to this lovely and engaging story! I've only seen two eps of the show, and the second one was tonight! I've become compelled to see/read more. This story is excellent, and there's so much more potential in it.

Is there any chance you'll write more?

Please?
Hell-of-Fire chapter 5 . 9/25/2005
woah, that's a hard one! very well written, very touching!
CelticPuzzleStrangerRanger chapter 5 . 2/26/2005
o my gersh! that was so cute/sad! im so happy now! keep up the great writing!

~Sakura
Christieanne-Anna chapter 5 . 8/12/2004
write more
frogfoot24 chapter 5 . 8/8/2004
Man... I just got over my addiction to Harry Potter fan fic, and I just thought, hey, maybe... maybe there is NCIS fan fic too... and *DOH!" there is and I find this...

Lovely... really well written... and it seems to be pretty close to what I have managed to see of the series... (I have only just started watching) I think you capture the dynamics of the group really well.

One thing I am dying to say is that I used to know someone who was in the Navy. He hated being called Sir too... oddly, his background was actually similar to that you portray for Gibbs... but he, was quick witted enough to have a throw away line... "Don't call me Sir, I work for a living." I think that Gibbs would also be quick enough to have some comment designed to throw all but the most dedicated searcher's off the scent. After all, a lot of ex-military people tend to stay quite aligned with their backgrounds, especially if they are young when they join, as I assume Gibbs was. I don't think he would just leave Kate to wander around to dig for answers.

Having said that, it is only a minor point, and I really love the story. Is it complete, or can I expect more?

Wonderful read! Thanks.
chaser1 chapter 5 . 8/6/2004
Like it. Please update soon.
Tempo chapter 5 . 7/18/2004
that was amazing... please tell me that there's more to the story! I want to read more!
Eliv.Thade chapter 5 . 7/9/2004
I love this story. You (quotes what you said about one of my stories) " portray emotion very well". (lol) I don't cry a lot. I was raised to be ougher than average. But in all honesty, I almost came close to tears reading this. (Almost is very emotional for me. I didn't even cry at my grandpa's funeral.) I honest to God love this story, mostly because it gives light to a situation that needs to be seen clearly by on- lookers. I love this story. Please write more soon!
LilHobbitBookWorm chapter 5 . 7/9/2004
Wow! No i mean it, wow! even in such a short chapter it is good, i just hjave one question- was the guy at the end his father?
jtbwriter chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
That's sad-and really a good touch with Gibbs trusting the little boy with Tony.

You really got the characters right-and that little dig that Gibbs gave kept it from being too much!

Thanks for a good update!
T'PeeJ chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
Nice, so would you write a little faster! Please
Christieanne-Anna chapter 4 . 7/6/2004
Write more. This is the best story ive read so far.