Reviews for The Guide to a Healthy, Downtrodden Existence
Ekoaleko chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
This is absolutely amazing. The emotion you pack into Doctor is so well-written, and... well, you nailed it so realistically. I can picture the Doctor in his teenage years, hanging over a book in the dim light of the library past closing hours, and then looking at him twenty years later... poor guy. And the loss of his parents on his frickin birthday is just as horrible... I'm glad he just finally opens his eyes.

This seems like the perfect oneshot, so I don't think there's a need to continue. I love it all the same.
bright snow chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Wow, this is a really good story! *wipes tears from eyes* It really made me sad how Doctor (Tim sounds...awkward. *shifty eyes* Same with Doctor though...eh) was just totally blowing off his mom on the phone, and then...they were just gone. I can totally relate to him though.

Agh, so sad! *weep*

I don't think this fic needs another chapter. It rests pretty well as a oneshot to me.
meandering soulless chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
You're right. Tim is indeed the Doctor's name. It was once stated by Elli's Grandma when she gives you a recipe...I'm glad you noticed that too!

This is great! I also liked the Doctor but he's very lonely...

I'll read more of your works!
Bitterling chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
i've never played harvest moon before[my sister did.] but this sounds interesting. please update... please?
Rage Aomori chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
I commend you on this. Wonderful. Brilliant. It's like getting my paycheck a week early.

You should do more. Really.

You don't have to ask for readers, you know. It's a pleasure to read... *twitch*

More... please?
Lyndsey Rose chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Upon reading one of your reviews of another Harvest Moon story, I stumbled across yours. I would like to compliment you for that review. The writer had made a characterization error (or something along those lines), but instead of flaming the author, you patiently explained characterization to them, and then proceeded to praise her for her efforts. There are so many rude people on these days; it was refreshing to see at least one kind hearted, earnest reviewer out there!

Onto this story...

It is definately very well written! I had never given another thought to the doctor and his past life, but you gave him a whole new dimension! The story held my attention from start to finish. The creative twist behind the fate of Tim's parents was ingenius, and truly hooked me. I would love to see another chapter added to this story. Keep up the wonderful work!

Lyndsey
soul vacation chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Wow... to a fan of the Doctor from BTN, this is like getting Christmas early. This was extremely well written, and I'm glad you did it, even if it was difficult. :D You never do get to see much about him, the poor guy.

Bravo! XD When I have more time I'll read some more of your fics. You've inspired me to skip off and play BTN, maybe write some ficcage.
I NO LONGER USE THIS ACCOUNT chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
that was very good. you captured the Doctor's feelings very well! keep it !
Ann Fan chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
Awesome! I like it. You never hear much about the doctor and I think that this story was a neat idea. Keep it up!
MeowZaa chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
Aha! That was good! Please do another chapter!
starfruit06 chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
Very good. Although you say it was difficult to write, you did a terrific job in creating this story. I hope the next chapter is about Doc Tim interacting with the villagers of Mineral Town. Update soon!