Reviews for Just a Tear Drop Away
Martin Hooper1 chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
Ahhh so thats why the Fairy Godmother hated Shrek so much in 2... Great story so far... :D
J.W. Appel chapter 9 . 8/7/2010
A nice Shrek prequel. The idea that Charming's father was an ogre with a curse very similar to Fiona's is a irony one can certainly appreciate.
Dorrica chapter 9 . 10/18/2009
An excellent look at how the Fairy Godmother became who she is. I'll admit the quick romance between her and Fredrick made my eye twitch a little, but considering this is set in a world full of "love at first sight" fairy tales, I guess it makes sense.

Not sure if you'll ever read this review, but I just thought I'd go ahead and review anyway :)

~Dracori
1angelette chapter 7 . 7/6/2008
How clever, introducing Harold the frog earlier in the story! I can't wait to see how things turn out...
1angelette chapter 6 . 7/6/2008
Ogres don't live happily ever after...

Best six words EVER.
1angelette chapter 4 . 7/6/2008
The COTTAGE! Oh, like in the movie!
1angelette chapter 2 . 7/6/2008
How very, very interesting...

Fun fact: Belinda means "beautiful snake". A fitting name for the fairy godmother, I think...
BookRose chapter 9 . 3/19/2006
My it's been a long time since reading this story. I can't get enough of your stories about FGM even though I normally don't like her, for multiple reasons, that multiplied on themselves when I read Gadfly's insights on the day Fiona and Shrek got to be human, and I really REALLY didn't like her at all, paticularly when she tried to keep rearranging Fiona's feelings and soul to fit her and her son's wants. Somehow when I read your stuff I feel a little better cause while she is still believable, sshe isn't the really dislikable FGM. I hope you continue with more Shrek stories, though I have no idea what you will do next after the sequel to this. Honestly I know it will be great though. Until later!

~BookRose~
LadyStarflower chapter 9 . 3/8/2006
I love your story! It's so sad how poor Frederick was murdered. If only Belinda hadn't overeacted when she saw him as an ogre, if only she had remained calm and allowed him to explain himself. I am working on a Shrek fanfiction myself. Must finish chapter 2. I guess Prince Charming doesn't have any of his father's ogre curse.
Kittensbreath chapter 9 . 11/2/2005
Excellent! So much drama, but you finished it wonderfully. I love the ending, and who knew that Frederick was an ogre? Bravissima!
BookRose chapter 8 . 3/31/2005
I absolutely LOVE your writing and especially your style! Everything about this story was beautiful, poignant and so very complex. I always knew that the Fairy Godmother had strong motives for doing what she did and they are all portrayed in this story. And also I hope you update your sequel to this one. I want to see some good fics at the top of the page. Have a good day!

~BookRose~
En Gen Nero chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
You spelt gray wrong once, very good still. Great the best fanfiction I've read yet
TrudiRose chapter 9 . 3/9/2005
I like the fact that you explain something that always puzzled me about the movie: how Prince Charming is a prince without a kingdom or a kingly father. This made a lot of sense.
TrudiRose chapter 8 . 3/9/2005
This is very interesting...You know, from clues in the movie, I always thought Lillian KNEW Harold was a frog...possibly even fell in love with him as a frog. The way she defends Fiona's choice of husband by saying, "You act as if love if totally predictable. Don't you remember how it was when we fell in love?" I thought the implication was that theirs had been the same kind of "human girl, non-human guy" forbidden love. IIRC, she even mentions a pond with lily pads. But of course, it's never directly stated, so it's open to interpretation. (But either way, Lillian clearly knew about it, because she's not particularly shocked that he's a frog at the end of the movie. But you may have her find out later in the story.)
TrudiRose chapter 6 . 3/9/2005
OMG, that was absolutely heartbreaking! The saddest thing is that he died thinking she hated him. She didn't even get to say goodbye. SO sad! (Although I'm not quite sure how this fits in with her thinking ogres are repulsive and nasty in the movie. Not quite getting the psychology there. If this had happened, I would have thought she'd want to honor Frederick's memory by helping an ogre in love.) Very good story, reading on now!