Reviews for Fear Itself
Smexy Kitten chapter 12 . 4/11/2013
This has been an incredible story to read and those last three chapters absolutely blew my mind! Thank you for your wonderful and awesome work; every single move on this angst-filled ride was totally worth it! :D
KaKashiisWifey chapter 4 . 4/4/2011
these two are such best friends..yet not's so fuckin cute it's unbelievable
AnimeSoul17 chapter 12 . 6/19/2008
Very good story. Very well written.
Mako-clb chapter 12 . 11/14/2007
Well, just "wow!"
Viridian Magpie chapter 12 . 5/14/2006
being relatively new to the fandom, this is one of the first fics I've read here and I have to say that I liked it. A lot. *g* Everyone seemed very much in character and the tension between Gojyo and Sanzo was so well described I could feel it here. *simply adores*
Kilerkki chapter 12 . 4/6/2006
I wish I'd read this all the way through months ago, when you first showed it to me. Except I don't know if I would have appreciated it then or even understood it (or at least as much as I could). I still don't know much about Saiyuki...

But your writing is clear enough, your characterizations perfect enough, your story exceptional enough, that I don't really feel the lack. I get the characters as real people with horrible pasts and incredible strength through your story, and I don't think that's something that's ever happened with any other fanfic. In a fandom I only know through casual references and a few pictures (and your adorable fangirling) you managed to hook me hard and fast.

I'm in love with Sanzo and Goku now. And Gojyo and Hakkai too, I guess. And next time I go to the bookstore, I'd be picking up the first volume of Saiyuki...if I weren't afraid it wouldn't live up to this marvelous work you've done.

Ditch Gospel chapter 12 . 8/20/2005
Of course I was going to read it! And I loved it! What a wonderful story! Thank you so much for writing this!

I loved the end part with the guys in the inn, and I'm glad that you told it all from Sanzo's point of view. It was a beautiful and touching end to an all around beautiful, suspenseful, creepy, sad, AMAZING story. I like how the story also has a bit of a dark note to it, since Sanzo isn't one to get all cheery and optimistic just like that.

I caught one error in this chapter:

"Things like that just couldn't lied about and gotten away with."

just missing a "be" before "lied"

Aww, this is the end! No more chapters to read and review! Thanks again for sharing this story, it's been a great adventure to read!
Ditch Gospel chapter 11 . 8/18/2005
Aww! This chapter almost made me cry! Twice! So beautiful, so sad, so, so, WONDERFUL! I love this story even more now!

I almost don't want to read the last chapter, becuause this one was just so PERFECT, I don't know what else is left to be said!
Ditch Gospel chapter 10 . 8/18/2005
Wow, the suspense in this chapter is amazing! I love your dscriptions here, of the white hallway and the blood, it's amazing. So vivid! And so sad!

I caught some errors:

1. "it appeared that he had stopped the entire force that had been pursing - him?"

change "pursing" to "pursuing"

2. "at least two people had been fighting back against the tide of marital force."

change "marital" to "martial"

3. "the room had probably been used for mediation."

change "mediation" to "meditation"

*I love this chapter! I love this story!*
Ditch Gospel chapter 9 . 8/17/2005
You're building up the suspense beautifully and I'm loving it! Go, Sanzo! Save your monkey!

I picked up a couple of errors here:

1. "I could care less."

Shouldn't this be "couldn't" care less?

2. "the canopy overhead woven so tightly that only the tiniest spots of light shown through"

change "shown" to "showed"

3. "why had the gods, who were supposed to merciful"

missing a "be" before "merciful"

Fantastic chapter!
Ditch Gospel chapter 8 . 8/17/2005
I'll agree with you that the fight scene here wasn't the greatest. Although it seemed technically okay with good description and all, it was just hard to focus on for some reason. I get the sense that your heart just wasn't in that scene, and as a result it was just written without the feeling or the interest to really bring it alive for the readers. Also, at one point, after the first of the three demon corpses was defeated, and there should have been only two left, you referred to there being three.

At the point where Kanan comes back though, the story kicks right back into high gear. I was just not expecting that, even though I should have been. I felt just as surprised as Gojyo, and it was FREAKY. I also wasn't expecting Gojyo to get stabbed. That scene was great.

I also liked the ending, the show of friendship and closeness between Hakkai and Gojyo.
Ditch Gospel chapter 7 . 8/15/2005
I think it probably turned out for the best that you wrote this chapter from Gojyo's point of view rather than Hakkai's. It just makes it scarier and more mysterious.

When Gojyo had a though of Sanzo in the dungeon, it suddenly flashed an image of him in my mind as well, and I was struck with how scary our Saiyuki guys would actually be at times if they were real. I really don't think they are the type of people it would be very healthy to hang out with.

A couple of errors here:

1. "Not necessary a fatal wound, but a debilitating one"

change "necessary" to "necessarily"

2. "as though he were a bug under microscope"

missing "a" after "under"

One other thing I'd like to make note of is your use of the word "anyways". I don't think this is actually grammatically correct, but I could be wrong. I think it's more of a slangy type of expression. I'm just bringing it up because I've come across it a few times in this story and every time I see it it just sounds off to me. Sorry for complaining about such small things!

This is another great chapter, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the part with Sanzo and Goku!
Ditch Gospel chapter 6 . 8/13/2005
Uh oh, a cliffhanger, and I can't finish reading the rest right now due to how late it's getting!

Sanzo's hair hurt. Ha ha! That's cute.

"If they had any form of intelligence at all, they would have taken over the world a long time ago."

Creepy thought!

You know what else is creepy? Hakkai's nightmare! Yikes, the prospect of Gojyo having to go down those stairs and confront Cho Gonou is positively frightening. (shiver) You really have a way of describing a scene that imparts a very chilling sensation of dreaded anticipation. I'm loving every word of it!
Ditch Gospel chapter 5 . 8/13/2005
Another great chapter!

I like the interaction between Sanzo and Gojyo, very well done. I also like the way you describe and handle the connection between all of the characters.

Plus, your Hakuryu is very cute, and I like the role that the little dragon plays in your story.

I noticed a few small errors in here:

1. "As if he hadn't just been witness someone else's nightmare and blown it away to smithereens.

missing a "to" after "witness"

2. "where they would continue to piece the soul"

I'm assuming "piece" should br "pierce"?

3. "I have no need look after useless idiots."

missing a "to" after "need"

4. "in order to retrieve his cigarettes, pulling them out his jeans pocket."

missing an "of" after "out"

5. "Just how was he supposed to get into the dream in order find out what part..."

missing a "to" after "order"

6. Sanzo had been the one to suggesting splitting up"

change "suggesting" to "suggest"

Sorry if I'm annoying you by pointing out all this stuff, it's hardly as if such minor details do anything at all to deter from the excellency of this story, I just can't help noticing them, is all, and thought you might like to be made aware.
Ditch Gospel chapter 4 . 8/13/2005
Oh, man, you SHOULD be proud of this chapter, that was intense!

"If that was true then he would be dead a hundred times over."

Aw, poor Gojyo!

I especially liked two of the thoughts that Gojyo has in this chapter. One is when he thinks of wanting to gouge his eyes out, and the other is when he feels he should have been drowned at birth. The reason they appeal to me is because they remind me of Hakkai and Sanzo respectively, like a vague reference to Gojyo's connection to them.

I also love the end scene between Sanzo and Gojyo, very realistic, so very true to the way their relationship works!

I also really like the moment when Sanzo breaks through the door and I just think it's so cool that he was able to enter Gojyo's dream and participate in that crucial moment from his childhood like that!

I guess you can tell by now that I just love this story. You rock!

The following errors pertain to the last chapter. I forgot to point them out in that review, so I'll just do it now:

1. He was lying on his stomach, face turned toward the Sanzo."

I You've got an unnecessary "the" in here!

2. "could he had truly died in that dream?"

change "had" to "have"

(sigh) I have a cup of tea at my side, but I got so absorbed in this story, I forgot about it, and now it's cold!