Reviews for Hallelujah
all forms of fluff chapter 5 . 8/27/2014
I have to say that I enjoyed this story. However, if I had to pick something I didn't like about it then I would have to say the dialogue. Even then the characters speaking isn't really that bad. Its just the words around them, the world building phrases, and the glimpes into the mind of the characters were just so well written that when you compare the two the dialogue seems to fall just short of being up to par with it. I do like how this sort of wrapped up both series and sorta came full circle with spike and buffy. I do think that if there was more to this story then Spike would rebell about not being a vampire in the future. The man dosn't seem like he would like being human again. And really what kind of 'prize' is becoming human to a vampire with a soul. That seems like a step back in almost all things but one. Then again that one thing is pivital to Spike. It allows him to be with the one he loves untill the day he dies, and not have to suffer long after her passing if he actually outlives her. Still the making the vampire motal again seems like a begining to something larger. The second or third step that requires a human who was was a vampire. That to me sounds like a big mojo spell componet. Well idel ramblings aside. this story was a great read. Thank you for sharing it with us.
waddiwasiwitch chapter 5 . 3/14/2009
Hi Holly4,

I came across this old story of yours and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had the right amount of angst and romance. I loved the fact that they wanted to take things one step at a time. Thank you.
Doni chapter 5 . 12/17/2008
Very nice! I would have loved to read Spike's reaction to finding out he was turning human, but I wasn't left wanting. Love your work.
RedCloud13 chapter 5 . 9/15/2008
Love it
rkmp chapter 5 . 8/17/2008
i've read this before ... didn't know i didn't review it; apparently my mind is not jazzed up with the brain cells ...

i like how spike got to vent his frustration, and she needed to hear it, even if it hurt buffy. the one thing i always appreciated in him was his brutal honesty. i also liked how they talked, really talked. seems very realistic, since they'd both moved on (of sorts) in the last year, even admitting past partners - it needed to be said. and of course it ended openly, leaving one with the knowledge of buffy and spike getting their happy ever after THEIR WAY.

happy sigh ...
darklover chapter 5 . 8/16/2007
Wow. I can't believe you wrapped this fic up in five chapters. I so wanted more. I can't believe Spike hasn't realized he's human. That's hilarious. Chapter 3 almost broke my heart. I'm glad everything worked out though.
Esther-87 chapter 5 . 6/4/2007
One of the best Spuffy fics I've read. I was really on an emotional roller-coster. I teared up during the honest confrontation as I could feel the pain from Buffy and Spike, espcially the latter. Again I cried when Buffy admitted that her relationship with the Immortal was to prove that she had changed for and because of Spike. Boy, did my tear ducts get worked up reading this fic :) The ending is so totally sweet; just imagining their excitement to tread a lifetime together (and Spike's ignorance about his humanity) got me all warm and fuzzy. Kudos to you, you're an amazing author!
Nikki chapter 5 . 2/19/2006
This was fantastic! You don't see many well-plotted AND well-written Buffy/Spike fanfictions, but this was certainly one of them. It was very touching, and you really went in-depth with Spike's emotions.

And, although I tend to lean towards reading fanfictions with 'bad-boy' Spike, this just drew me in, and I love to imagine him in the way you have written him.

I think this was absolutley spectacular!
CutieSaiyajin chapter 5 . 10/5/2005
This was such a beautiful fic. Chapter 4 was especially heartfelt, I thought. I think I almost teared up at that one.

Awesome story. I always love reading your work!
xIcexQueenX07x chapter 5 . 7/26/2004
Good story. I enjoyed reading it. It was so great.
Ladyluck523 chapter 5 . 6/13/2004
Thank you so much for this touching fic!

I love the honesty they have with each other now. I'm glad they both understand there is a lot of work ahead of them to make their relationship work. I'm also glad Willow and Giles, although cautious, seemed willing to give him a chance for Buffy's sake. I'd love to see an epilogue dealing with Spike finding out that he's shanshued. And the other Scoobies finding out about him and Buffy, particularly Dawn. I always thought they would have made a nice little family.
TheRealMcCoy chapter 5 . 6/8/2004
Thank you for the rockage, but you are most definitely the one who rocks.

This whole thing just blows me away. The fact that it's so short is no small feat for you and that I am proud that you proved me wrong and made it exactly five sections. also you handled it all so well from beginning to end. I am seriously beginning to wonder if you are really Joss Whedon in disguise.

This chapter was awesome. From the way that you kept it simple and didn't have them be under the assumption tat everything will all be hunky dorey and from the way that you so subtly switched from A Spike POV to a Buffy. I never would have noticed that transition had it not been for you pointing it out to me.

I don't think that I could give this enough praise...I never can with your stuff. The scene with Buffy seeing his reflection was just awesome and the whole thing was just spectacular. It was all the little things tat just brought it all together and made it so real. You are so so great at that.

I can't wait to see what you write next. YAY!
pgavigan chapter 5 . 6/8/2004
A fitting conclusion for a story that is more than a simple wish fulfillment. Sad and sweet Buffy is made more human here than she was in the entire seventh season of the show, needy and wanting she seems to have rediscovered the ability to give of herself, something that seemed lost with the episode "The Gift".

The author has done an excellent job of reclaiming the Slayer from the deconstruction inflicted upon her by the writers of the last season of Angel. It is possible to understand and sympathize with her motivations in forming a relationship with the Immortal, motivations that now don't seem to trivilize so her relationships with either Angel or Spike.

Thankfully the author does not tie everything up with a red ribbon, both partners in this relationship are going to have a lot of work to do to make it grow.

Hopefully, an epilogue might be included eventually showing how the other scoobies might respond to this new development. Until then, I can only thank the writer for helping me to like Buffy again.
SinisterChic chapter 5 . 6/8/2004
Aw, I loved this. I like how they are together, but things aren't perfect. It is realistic. Wish you would have included Spike finding out about the shanshu. Very cool idea about him slowly becoming human by the way.
cass2421 chapter 5 . 6/8/2004
This is one of the best stories that I have read so far. Keep up the great work. Very insightful and creative.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »