Reviews for The Steward's Coup
quillon chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
Poor Faramir! He pushes himself much too hard! Another fabulous chapter with wonderful description and great characterizations. I'm loving your Gimli and Legolas a lot. Looking forward to the next chapter!
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
Poor Faramir... always pushing himself to the point of illness...

Good portrayal of Aragorn's and Faramir's mutual frustration too. I'll be interested to see how this shapes up.
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
A very well written story.I'm eager for more.I've added you to my alerts list.
Ithil-valon chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
My first thought after reading this chapter is, "Talk to him, Faramir!" LOL

You used some really beautiful imagery in this chapter. "His eyes giving the thanks he didn't trust his lips to utter." was very moving.

Legalos placing his hand on Faramir's cheek was a very tender moment, as was, "Can you not tell me what distresses you, my friend?"

I loved faithful Gimli's, "we will not let him face it on his own..."

Ah! Aragorn reminding Faramir of Denathor was like a dagger to the heart! (You're cruel, lol, just cruel)

"Use your strength...know your enemy...plan a strategy." Wise, my friend, very wise. This could very well be a plan of action for how to face and overcome all adversity in our lives.
aprilkat chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
You certainly build the suspense and the potential for extreme misunderstandings well. I'm having a visceral feeling of dread here as Faramir and Aragorn each interact out of their own feelings of inadequacy or unsureness.

I like the way you are show us Faramir's character - how his own experiences and pain are getting in the way of his perspective and keeping him from reaching out. These Gondorian men are SO stubborn!
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 2 . 6/6/2004
Finally had a chance to read it!

Poor Lireal! What a horrible situation... completely realistic that something like that could happen though. I'll be waiting for the next part...
Arahiril chapter 2 . 6/4/2004
WOW. SO AWESOME. As in - a great plot, great description, great characterization, great writing, great everything. This is just so interesting, I'm dying to see what's happening next. So good! Faramir here is just awesome - I'm really looking forward to seeing him as "diplomat in action". Hehehe. Update soon!
Eile of Rossdhu chapter 2 . 6/4/2004
Engaging story, as usual :) I can't help but wonder what Gimli and Legoals are thinking about this news. Seems kinda strange that neither of them tried to defend Aragorn... say there's something/someone else behind these awful things. (possibly my hopeful thinking:) Though, I can understand Faramir's doubt as he really doesn't know Aragorn all that well yet.
Ithil-valon chapter 2 . 6/4/2004
Powerful chapter! If I didn't know Aragorn, I'd hate him at the moment, lol. But, I know that he's an honorable man and I'm curious to see what's going on.
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
What a wonderful and engrossing first chapter! You made me smile and chuckle over the ongoing snoring charges and laugh out loud when Gimli pulled Legalos down beside them! Great humorous touches.

You took my breath away with the heartfelt tribute/greeting of Islin. So simple, yet so profound!

Your introductions of his companions was equally interesting and varied. It made me immediately want to know more about this little community! I smiled with pleasure at Legalos showing the children how to set snares, all the while allowing them to just simple be in his presence and assuage their curiosity.

The shared understanding between Faramir and Islin in reference to missing the army was excellent too, as was Faramir's appeal to Islin to "bring this land back to how it should be."

You've set such a peaceful and happy scene for me that I shudder to think of what you have in store that will shatter Faramir's blissful ignorance and my own, but I can't wait to find out. :)

Very, very well done!
clairon chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Great start Shireling. Love the last ominous sentence...
Arahiril chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
A SEQUEL TO "CLOAKS AND MEMORIES"! *sques in delight* YAYAYAYAYAYAY! Faramir seems to be dealing very well with his infirmity - go him! A great beginning, looking forward to another wonderful story from you, shireling! Update quickly, please! YAYAYAYAYAY! *goes off to celebrate*
IceAngel7 chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
Ooh this is very intreguing. I thought I had read cloaks and memories but now I'm thinking maybe I havn't. Anyway, the Legolas and Gimli relationship is marvellous, and your Faramir is very strong. I'll be looking forward to more soon!

IceAngel

.com
Carrie S chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
Shireling! I'm so happy to see you back with another long story! I wasn't expecting a sequel to 'Cloaks and Memories'-which I thoroughly enjoyed-and this excellent beginning simply made my day!

I so do love your Faramir! Although I'm not sure about that last line-very ominous!

*hugs Faramir tightly and protectively*

*grins*

What a beautiful start!

Please update soon!

Hugs,

Carrie
quillon chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
I loved Cloaks and Memories, so I am really excited to see that you have begun a new story. YOU are the reason that I started writing LotR fan fiction. Thank you!

This looks great so far. Really looking forward to your next chapter because your Faramir is wonderful.
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »