Reviews for The Steward's Coup
Susan W chapter 18 . 10/15/2004
Schweew(wiping forehead) and aaeeii! (both at once) Faramir and Tamir are alright, but Aragorn is missing! Where o where is the King gone missing? Is there a hint in the note left by Lord Haralil? Does the scuzzball that the guards arrested know of Aragorn's whereabouts?

Faramir as Steward and keeper of the King's throne stands out in this chapter. His allowing the captured man to be tortured to get the information he needs to rescue the King would be his duty. Maybe not a favorable duty, but one that had to be carried out. And nicely done that he will not succumb to despair and accept that Aragorn is dead.

I love Arwen in this, she is fully developed as a main character, she sees everything and is always there for her friends even when she is in pain herself.

Anxiously awaiting the next update!
Caroly chapter 18 . 10/15/2004
Wow! Talk about a plot twist! Faramir and Aragorn have come so far since the beginning. And things are getting so complicated. I thought things were almost resolved. Guess I was wrong! :-)

Faramir is definitely showing his quality, and I hope he shows more soon. Please update soon! I can't wait to see what happens next!
lindahoyland chapter 18 . 10/15/2004
Another wonderful chapter !I Can believe Faramir would get tough if Aragorn's life were at stake !Beautiful is one of my favourite stories and I am always thrilled to see an update in my mail.
Mat chapter 17 . 10/14/2004
Eowyn and Faramir are so sweet together, and the conversation beneth the tre was wounderfull. One can imagine a time when Faramir would have offered himself for the stake had Aragorn came up when Eowyn was to pluck a flower from it.

No he jokes with the King. That is truly wounderfull to read.

Oh, and sweet little Tamir has found a girl, that shall be so good for him.

The Cliffe hanger has me hanging around 24/7 hoping for an update. That man is evil, then again, something like that was coming,and fits well. He is evil so he does evil things. I would say he does them well. I can't say I can see any obvious way out, so you have done it well.

Kind Regards, Mat the Starchild
IceAngel7 chapter 17 . 10/12/2004
you can't leave it there! are you trying to make us all go insane!ahahg! Well u certainly succeeded in pulling me out of lurkdom with this cliffie. I've been following along loyally and each update makes me jump up and down with excitment. I trully wasn't expecting such an ending. This chapter twisted the emotions from "aww" to tears to ah! and now frustration and excitment about what's going to happen next. I was so sure this story was going to end as soon as Faramir had revealed himself many chapters ago but it just keeps getting more and more amazing. Please don't leave this one for too long because I'll go mad in the meanwhile ;]

thanks so much :)
Susan W chapter 17 . 10/10/2004
Aaeeii! It is one of those dratted cliffhangers (cliffies). Not that I am complaining as each chapter is always well worth the wait.

Great chapter! I do hope that Tamir is alright.

Update soon, please!
Claudette chapter 17 . 10/10/2004
Oh dear - I do so hope 'Finish the task' doesn't mean to slit Aragorn's throat - that would definitely not be canon.

Where is Legolas when the King needs him?

Well, hopefully, as the ship has gone down the coast with a contingent of soldiers then, if Haralil does escape the city with Faramir & the King, he'll find a welcoming committee when he gets on board. It'll be interesting to see where Faramir wakes up Foes and danger faced together are great for building relationships in these things - this should really build the bond between the two main men of Gondor - I hope it DOESN'T get resolved too quickly - plenty of time yet for pain & bonding.
lindahoyland chapter 17 . 10/9/2004
A beautiful scene on the bridge and then a complete change of pace !This is so exciting,I can hardly wait for more !
Peekaboo42 chapter 17 . 10/9/2004
so many cliffhangers! it's making my head spin. Dearest Shireling, you must update very, VERY SOON. I must know what will happen to our boy, Faramir.
The Girl in the Red Jacket chapter 17 . 10/9/2004
WHAT?

*faints*
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 17 . 10/9/2004
ooh, I knew this was going too smoothly...

The part with Eowyn and the flowers was really sweet.

So how's Faramir going to get out of this one? Maybe Eowyn could show up with her sword... :D
Mat chapter 16 . 9/28/2004
Ah, they are maried, that is good,

Corris is ill, that is bad. Althought it makes an interesting point in the storie, but he was nice, and therefor it is bad.

I think I recognized the swiming hole, wich is also a good point for it makes more sence that way.

Very good, and now that they are finally married there might be a child, or a couple. Faramir and Eowyn's children are good, but Faramir would never do that before he was married.

I for one wants their children now.

I also longs for the next chapter, it can not come to soon, you are indeed a very talented writer.

Kind Regards Mat the Starchild
aprilkat chapter 16 . 9/26/2004
This was so very touching, and unexpected as well. I actually got tears in my eyes as Faramir broke down about his absent brother. Having Aragorn as his groom's man is a stroke of brilliance, and a tribute to him.

I really lost it when Aragorn called him "Little Brother"!
aprilkat chapter 16 . 9/26/2004

I really lost it when Aragorn called him "Little Brother"!
Susan W chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
What a beautiful chapter! Faramir's offer to the King to stand by his side where his brother should have been was wonderful and I would think should seal the bond of their growing friendship. One could see that Aragorn was thoroughly moved by this unexpected offer.

Loved the ceremony of the wedding. Faramir was so stunned by Eowyn's beauty that he couldn't move was certainly something the reader could visualize.

Update soon!