Reviews for The Steward's Coup
Caroly chapter 15 . 9/24/2004
Ok, in my exhaustion, I somehow accidentally submitted a review without completing it, and of course wouldn't let me fix it easily.

Anyways, what I wanted to say is how much I love this story. The last chapter (16) was wonderful. I love how Faramir and Aragorn finally got over their hard-headed stubbornness. Faramir asking Aragorn to be his grooms-man was so sweet, and so was Aragorn's response. The wedding was beautiful.

As for the previous chapters, I like how you're going into the tribunals (of course, being a law student, I'm interested in that sort of thing). I can't wait to see those awful men get what they deserve!

Please update again soon. I really want to see what happens next. And I promise to try to review more regularly. :-)
Caroly chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
I'm so sorry for not being a more constant reviewer; my only excuse is that law school takes up entirely too much time.
Caroly chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
Wawoot chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
Wonderful story... Faramir is my favorite character from the books and you have portrayed him beautifully... How sad that he was seriously injured but he is handling it well... Hehe Legolas has quite a sense of humor in this story, I love it! :)
lindahoyland chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
I just loved this chapter as it was so in character for Faramir to keenly feel the loss of wedding ceremony was beautiful and true to both cultures and I enjoyed seeing that Faramir was now comfortable enough with Aragorn to even tease him when they went on the trip out.

I am writing a Faramir story myself now,though the standard of stories like yours makes it a great challenge ! I very much look forward to more.
Alexis Steele chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
Um, I just thought you'd like to know that throughout this chapter you referred to the Chamberlain as Corris whereas in previous chapters he's named Corrin

Other than that nitpick, I loved it :D
Ithil-valon chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
Aw, the remembrances of Boromir made me cry! That was beautifully done.

The wedding ceremony was wonderful. I found it simple yet profoundly moving.

I enjoy your work so much!
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 16 . 9/24/2004
Yay, they're married! *does happy dance* I love how you did the ceremony...the traditions seem to fit Middle Earth very well. And having Aragorn stand in for Boromir was an excellent touch, since I could definitely see Aragorn taking on the big brother role for Faramir after the war.
Ithil-valon chapter 15 . 9/13/2004
This chapter was well worth the wait! What amazing detail! Your attention to the detail of all the administrative areas is amazing, and the way in which you delivered the story of the four soldiers, their crime, and their punishment was flawless. The effects of all of the above upon Faramir were allowed to compound upon each other to demonstrate his strength, wisdom and compassion. Aragorn recognizing this and ending with the fact that HE would be the one taking the responsibility should the innkeeper die was brilliant and made me love him. Well done, and like I said, well worth the wait!
lindahoyland chapter 15 . 9/12/2004
I just love this story,you depict Faramir so well and I love the friendship he now has with Aragorn. I look forward to 's reactions are very believable.
Mat chapter 15 . 9/12/2004
Your storie is continuing on well, it has lost none of it's exitement.

I have only wandered about one thing, often it has been mentioned now that Faramir recives treatment for his arm from the warden, yet never what kind of treatment.

I know it might be a difficult thing, yet I am curious as to whatever it is 'move your hand in a circkle by your wrist' or what kind it is.

The soldiers having to be punished allowed a good insight.

He knew someone had to do it, so he did it, and still took care enough to ease the worst part of waiting for the youngest.

That was very well done.

As always Kind regards, Mat the Starchild
quillon chapter 15 . 9/11/2004
Hooray! An update from shireling!

You did a great job with this chapter showing how Faramir is fair and just with his men even when it's tearing him up inside. Faramir's quiet speech to the four brawlers was perfect.

Keep up the great work! :)
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 15 . 9/11/2004
It's really nice to see the friendships deepending between the different characters, and I'm glad that Arwen and Eowyn are getting along fine. And Faramir has a glove now! Good, maybe he'll stop hurting himself!

I like how you portrayed him in this chapter... being tough when he has to, but he didn't lose his gentle spirit either.
Carrie S chapter 14 . 8/26/2004
Oh, I am so happy that they are back together again!

The fight was very realistic, and I especially liked how you had Arwen go after Eowyn.

I loved Faramir taking Eowyn to the grove-three cheers for Romantic!Faramir!

I love this fic and I don't want it to end-one good thing about school slowing you down. :)

Even so, I can't wait until more!

lindahoyland chapter 14 . 8/25/2004
A very moving chapter and true to life.I like seeing Arwen's caring side.
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »