Reviews for As Always
somebody chapter 15 . 7/19/2009
Nice chapter! liked the dress scene
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 15 . 12/13/2005
I must say that I was ready to be dissapointed by the last chapter because there were no letters but you blew me out the window. The flashback was fabulous and I loved the part about Glinda being addicted to her memories, that was very eloquent.

One thing has got me wondering though as I've read this. What's happened to Fiyero and the kids, are they still hangin' out in the Lesser Kells or what? I realize it's Glinda's story but I wonder if she wonders where they are or what their doing now that she knows they exist.

On that note, wonderful job, simply marvelous. You're probably busy with real life but you really really need to continue with this and update soon!
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 8 . 12/13/2005
Okay this is actually for the last two chapters as I actually have something pertinent to say. I think. (Other than I love it all of course:) Anyhoo, I really liked Glinda's reaction to Elphaba's "surprise", it was very in character and for some reason or another I found it extremely funny (my math class thinks I'm a raving lunatic now because I started laughing halfway through homework time). Elphaba's ranting and raving over Yackle was also perfectly done and I enjoyed the manisfestation of her insecure wonderings of motherhood and life in general. Fantastic job!
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 3 . 12/13/2005
I don't think Elphaba sounds out of character, maybe a little more musical-characterish and quite possibly happy for once but not really out of character. I'm still lovin' the descriptions and the snippets of Glinda.
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
I love the way you've started this, and also the elaborate descriptions. They paint all sorts of pictures in my head and I'm excited to read more.
Jezebella Roze chapter 15 . 8/21/2005
Ahh no letters from Elphie.
blufair chapter 15 . 8/21/2005
I just found this story, and I really like it. It's a very interesting concept, and I like how it lets us see Glinda's day to day life in the present as well as Elphie's life earlier on. Now excuse me while I ramble a bit.

I love your characterization of Elphaba. She's always been reluctant to show her insecurity to others (Glinda's observation about the line between sarcasm and insecurity was perfect), but it seems like she occasionally lets this part of herself shine through in her letters, since she doesn't think anyone will actually read them. It's very interesting to see her acknowledging her concerns about being a good mother. I also love the way she seems to be gradually changing over time, particularly in the contrast between her "children make me shudder" line in one of the earlier letters and her affection for Merry later on. It's really nice to see how she's showing more concern for Liir now that she's softened a bit to the idea of motherhood.

The way you write Glinda is great, too. I loved the bit about how memories are like drugs to her, and it would be easy to get completely lost within them. I've read other fics where she's caught up in her memories and living in the past, so it's nice to see her aware of this possibility and consciously fighting against it. Be strong, Glinda! It was also nice to see her with Crope and Boq again, and I'm very curious about what's going to happen next.

I really only have a couple of complaints about what I've read so far. First, Glinda's husband was named Chuffrey, not Chuffney (yeah, I know, it's nitpicky). Second, it seems like you include a little too much dialog in Elphaba's letters. It's nice to be able to see the details of what's happening in her life, but I'm not sure how realistic it is for her to be transcribing entire conversations. Still, it's a pretty minor issue, and everything else looks good.

Anyway, I hope it won't be too long before you can write another chapter. I'm looking forward to it!
Anna Marie Raven chapter 15 . 8/21/2005
That was fabulous. I was surprised when I checked to see if this fic had been updated. Which should tell you something... Ahem. Yeah, I loved this chapter; the whole dress thing was very well done. Hopefully the next update will be fairly soon... *hint hint*
Jezebella Roze chapter 14 . 8/2/2005
Aw this is good I started reading this ahwile ago but i never did comment.
Jezebella Roze chapter 12 . 8/2/2005
This is good!

o
Guitarprincess chapter 6 . 8/2/2005
wow my darling an amzing tale you have woven here. I would much like an update
MinervaThropp chapter 14 . 7/22/2005
Please keep writing! I just started reading this and can't stop!
elekanahmen09 chapter 14 . 7/21/2005
Quite a nice fic!

I have enjoyed it so far, and I am looking forward to the next chapter. :)
Ali chapter 14 . 7/13/2005
oh, please keep going, I just started reading this but now I can't stop! it great!
WindPhoenix chapter 14 . 7/12/2005
I loved the story. Glinda has some depth, though it'd be nice to see. More. It's aslo nice to see the Elphaba is finally not going compleatly gaga as in other fan fics, but is developing into the role slower, and more realisticly.