Reviews for If These Guitars Could Talk
ClaudeLv250 chapter 10 . 6/13/2007
Urk...I'm back. I was thinking about your story later today and I wanted to leave a more...substantial review, because I think I have a better idea of what I want to say, and about other points of the story.

What I meant about Falco's situation was that it felt very afterschool special-ish and subtly preachy, in that it was getting a message across but not necessarily in a realistic way (This also has to do with the "quality over quanity" mantra, but I'll get to that later). It's sort of like saying that displaying any unfavorable qualities will get your friends hurt, because Falco blamed himself the entire story even though he didn't cause the accident and no one did otherwise to inform him or reassure him. Sure, Michelle was throwing a pity party for herself for awhile, but that's not really the same as reassurance between friends.

Now, I read your profile and saw the "quality over quantity" bit. There's no problem with that. I've read and enjoyed the previous stories you've written in this series (does it have a name?) and think the short and sweet approach worked for Attack of the Phantom (as you can see in the review I left for that one a long time ago). But in this case I think your chapters are short...way too short. It feels like the restriction of quantity snuffs out potentional quality in the process.

The way things are handled is fast - perhaps too fast. Falco gets a little bit of fame and his ego inflates, everybody hates him, Fox gets hurt, Falco tries to redeem himself, Fox makes full recovery, end. Also during this blur, Michelle and Link are hugging and cuddling, then suddenly mutually break up at the end with little emotional reaction between the two. The other Smashers seem to fade out, so Falco never reconciles with them (though I think it should go both ways - ganging up on and physically _hitting_ the guy should've never flew over this well in a circle of friends and could damage their future relationship).

Considering the situation, there was a world of potential unused. Falco could have gone through a range of emotions after his initial depression and guilt trip. After all, the news report identified the jackass that ran Michelle off the road. Falco's a bit of a hot-head, I figured he might take things into his own hands and try to get even with the guy his own way. So yeah, I was a little shocked to find that the guy that caused the whole mess had little else to do with the plot. I was also hoping to see more of Smash band life. After all, I don't think I've read an SSB fic besides this one that put the Smashers in a band.

Not to give you the wrong impression. I enjoyed the story and the previous ones, and I'm going to read your newest one tomorrow. I just thought it could have used a little more meat, especially because people never write about Falco, which is a real shame. But hey, looks like your story did as intended. It got me thinking about it even after I left my initial review. ;)
ClaudeLv250 chapter 9 . 6/12/2007
Wow, Falco got the runaround. I wish you had gone into detail on what exactly he had been doing with his inflated ego to piss the others off, especially because when they finally snapped, he hadn't actually done anything worthy of being fussed at and physically slapped around, by several of his friends no less.

I was also a little surprised that no one tried to comfort or reassure him after the accident. He was wallowing in his own guilt trip and no one really bothered to snap him out of his daze considering that he hadn't actually caused the accident that hurt his best friend. It's like...he beat himself senseless and then everything's okay.
Nintendo Nut1 chapter 10 . 12/21/2004
XD FUNNY CRAP! LOL!

Link: MY SIDES ARE SPLITTING!

XD FUNNY BLOOPERS!
Nintendo Nut1 chapter 9 . 12/21/2004
Aww... that's so sweet! You got inspiration from my fic, didn't you?

Link: Like you couldn't figure that out earlier...

Hush you! This was a really nice fic. I'm kinda disappointed now that Link and Michelle aren't together anymore, but oh well. I'll live. On to read the bloopers! *runs off, dragging Link*
Crocgirl13 chapter 10 . 12/19/2004
! I haven't laughed so hard since...last night, but thanks, it was really funny I loved it! Keep writing!-
niyanna chapter 6 . 12/17/2004
that was nice. michelle and Fox are good friends -nothing more- you tried to make this a fox one but slowly turned into a falco fic huh? that happens alot. update as soon as you can.
Dragonkiller chapter 6 . 7/6/2004
I don't, but I desperately need one

Good, keep going with this
bitbyboth chapter 6 . 7/6/2004
Kewl...I haven't read this in a while! poor Fox!T_TUpdate soon!
In The Beginning chapter 6 . 7/5/2004
Awesome chapter!
niyanna chapter 5 . 7/5/2004
Good Good Just the story Ive been looking for.

BUT JUST ONE MORE THING WHO THE HELL IS MICHELLE ?
Nintendo Nut1 chapter 5 . 7/3/2004
NO! (sob) WHY FOX! TAKE ME INSTEAD!

Link: Yes, take her!

(baps him with the parasol) Now, why have I heard the name Nathanial Branshaw before?..(shiver)

So, suspensey! You keep it up girl! And let me know when you draw more fanfic art!
Dragonkiller chapter 5 . 6/29/2004
cool, pain, chaos, death, my work here is finished

good
Blue and Dog chapter 5 . 6/29/2004
MY SWEETIE FALCO IS CRYING! ;-; update soon.

Sparrow: *points and laughs at falco* Hah! dad's crying!

Falco: T_T *hits sparrow*

Sparrow: _
In The Beginning chapter 5 . 6/29/2004
Falco should feel guilty! Anyways, neat story so far, as are all your others! :D
Blue and Dog chapter 3 . 6/24/2004
Bad birdie!*hits falco* You're not my favorite character anymore, you narcissistic ninny!

Falco: _