Reviews for Kindred Spirits
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Dear Melina123: This was an interesting story. You did a good job in portraying Elrond, as IMHO it is difficult to write Elves convincingly. They are a different species, with a different perspective, and are different simply by virtue of the fact that they have lived for thousands of years. The conversation between Elrond and Faramir was interesting. Thank you for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Great story! I don't think I ever read a story based around the interaction btw Faramir and Elrond. Don't think I even thought about it. I enjoyed this!
Nehfi-Tirri chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
nice -
Jaimi chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Awe! Two of my most favourite characters, alone in one story. I always thought those two would make good friends, for how much they have in common. Excellent.
nautika chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
You've taken 2 of my favorite characters and put them together! this was well done. Thank you.
Susan W chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
I did read this one awhile back, but never got around to leaving a review.

Very well written and I love the idea that Elrond and Faramir would have met each other and discussed their sorrows. And that Elrond would have helped a headache suffering Faramir was perfect. Elrond's desire for Arwen to be happy and have friends in the stone city was his endeavor to always be a good father to her even though he was leaving ME.

Elrond made such an easy request to have Faramir show him the library and to be Arwen's friend.

Excellent!
Bejai chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Oh, very nice. I don't know that I've ever read of a conversation between Faramir and Elrond before! And you did it so beautifully. Faramir's sorrow and guilt for his brother, the trials of war, even his father, Elrond's sorrow over his daughter. Just a really wonderful, thoughtful story. Well done. It was a treat to read after a long day.
Esther chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Faramir and Elrond..an unlikely pair to meet, *i didnt even think they would have known each other at all* but im just amazed at how well it works. I think the dialogue is purfect. )

good job~
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Very nice story of a meeting between two characters we rarely see together in fanfic or canon. And yet, they have so much in common. I loved Elrond's asking Faramir to show him his library at the end...
Garowyn chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Well-written and quite interesting. Good work. )
KissTheRainGirl12489 chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Aw,that was a sweet little in some parts but for the most part tis very good and emotionally large paragraphs kill me but for this story I made an exception because I know as a writer myself that sometimes we haveto describe nescesary infi like his headache and his dreams in the beginning of the story in large paras for the story to make sense.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
I was struck by the way Faramir thinks of Elrond as a figure out of legend. I had never thought of it, but of course he must seem like that. The men of Gondor had been out of touch with elves for a long time, and Faramir the reader knew them only from books.

I also liked the fact that you remembered that healing and use of weapons seemed not to go together for elves, so Elrond laid his sword aside. And what Elrond asks is so simple and so important: a friend for his daughter.

Very nicely done.
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
That's sweet...I like it. Very nice job with your dialogue. Your characters are also very real. Keep up the great work!
isis whit chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
This is a great fic. Very well written, and it feels very true to the characters. A wonderful little piece.

Small nitpick: Elrond is not the oldest elf in ME. Galadriel, Celeborn and CĂ­rdan at least are much older. But that's just a minor thing.

I really enjyed your fic. :)