Reviews for Lessons in Witchcraft
Marie Nomad chapter 9 . 10/17/2008
I sense some serious foreshadowing. Does this foreshadow the Avatars? I love how the Charmed Ones learned various aspects of the Wiccan lifestyle and how they are doing stuff wrong. They don't really know that much.
Charming Legacy chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I really like this story. The only smallest problem I had was the fact that Paige didn't know that being a witch means honoring the craft not just kicking demons' butts. Considering how much Paige studied, you'd think she'd know something like that but the story is SO well written. Keep it up!
wiccanforever chapter 9 . 7/27/2008
YAY! Paige stood up for the McNeils' side of things! Great story!
wiccanforever chapter 8 . 7/17/2008
I've always hated Leo and Paul, they should have both died together, instead of just Paul. Are you going to add to your series or make Cole and Olivia come back to life?
jean griffin chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Frankly, I never understood why it was wrong for Phoebe to use magic to get a winning lottery ticket. But I had to come up with something.
Jason Barnett chapter 7 . 6/1/2005
Well, I'm not a massive Charmed fan but this is fairly interesting. Well written. Though I don't understand the desire so many fic writers have to write stories that totally undermine the point of the show they're writing about.

I think the Charmed Ones would be happy with the title magikal pratitioners and leave it at that

Quick question, earlier there was the lottery ticket thing. Do no harm and why there's nothing about personal gain. There's a limited number of jobs in the world and wealth. Using a prosperity spell would take that away from someone else, unless prosperity is limited to like health and long life, though why wouldn't that be lumped in with healing spells. Basically my point is any sort of prosperity spell could theoretically do harm to someone else. So why are they allowed?
tessalynne chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
The Charmed Ones could definitely use this kind of education and congrats to your Muse for taking this path.
Tilius chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
Great story. Describes the “charmed ones
Magic-Amethyst80 chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
You have done it again!

This is an excellent story exploring the true nature of what it means to be a "witch." It is very different from what the Charmed Ones view it as!

You certainly are right in many ways that the Charmed Ones really don't know all there is to know about being witches. I love how you touched upon the Charmed Ones lack of knowledge regarding "healing herbs," something which does appear in another episodes, particularly one scene where another witch figures out how to heal Phoebe.

Exactly are the McNeils views regarding Whitelighters and their expectations of their charges to "fight evil"? I know that Jack McNeil doesn't like Leo, and you have never had other whitelighters orbing in to heal other, older members of the family. However at one point you mentioned Elsie and others still having Whitelighers, who give them inside knowledge of what is happening in the realm of the elders.
martha chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
I think you're going to ruffle some feathers with this story, but I agree with you. Over the years, "Charmed" has gotten very one-dimensional;a crime show using magic. I was disappointed with the episodes after "All Halliwells Eve" (I hope that's the right title), because the wisdom and knowledge they learned from the 17th century coven was never mentioned or used again. Looking forward to the next story.