Reviews for The Look of a Hobbit's Foot
Aileil chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Thank you so much for this story. I really like Gimli's interactions with hobbit folk.
SilverRain1.3 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
So, I have stumbled upon this wonderful fic written so long ago, and at first I did not plan to review at all! But, I noticed while reading the reviews that no one has commented on something most definitely worth commenting on! You see, I love when people bring things that happened on the set of the film into their story, so...I would like to thank you for the whole Merry had something stuck in his foot thing! Hearing Billy talk about Dombeing a huge baby about a tiny tiny splinter is one of my favorite things to watch on the extended addition DVDs! So, thank you!
hotdogfish chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
good story but the ending isn't as nice. but pippin lived.
Pipwise Brandygin chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
This is such a nice idea for a group of ficlets, and great insights into Gimli's relationshp with the hobbits! I loved the scene with Gloin telling young Gimli all about hobbit feet, and Pippin bumping into him in the hall; and the last scene was quite moving - this is a lovely line: "Gently, he lifted the lifeless from the ground, not wanting to believe that even a troll could squeeze the life out of Peregrin Took." Thank goodness it couldn't!
Willow chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
What a wonderfully done tale! It was a joy to read.
Hai Took chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
That was splendid! I liked how the first one had Gimli wondering about hobbit feet and then looking at their feet in the Council! The one with Merry havign a thorn in his foot made me laugh the most! The very last of course made me want to cry! They were all great, thank you!
IceEmber chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
Aw _ Gimli is so cute obsessing over hobbit feet like that _

~*Ice Ember*~
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Exellent! This was great! It was never overly stated that Gimli loved that rascal Pippin, but you knew he did. I always wondered how he felt upon finding our dear wee Ernil under that monster. You did a splendid job of telling us.
loveofthering chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Oh, my gosh! I enjoyed reading this short story of yours! I absolutely loved how you took Gimli's fascination with hobbit feet and in the end (like the book) his fascination found Pippin and saved his life! Also I was in awe of how well you wrote this (the choice of words) and made this wonderful to read! I wish I had such a gift like this to write my stories...

Anyway thanks for writing this, I really enjoyed it!