Reviews for What Gandalf Heard
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I hate non-canon pairings, especially slash. I will read a non-canon het pairing between heterosexual characters if the story is really good otherwise, but no matter how good otherwise the story is, I will not read a slashfic- except maybe, maybe if it has a plot I've been looking for in a fanfic for a long time and is exceptionally written and doesn't bang you over the head with its slashiness, but it'll have to be really, really good for me to even consider reading it.

This is the only slash fic I have ever read to its completion. That should be review and compliment enough.
Stranger2time chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I have read a lot, and I have loved these dear characters very much, but this is by far the best story I have come across. I cried many times when reading this, as a writer my self I give you my thanks, this story truely moved my heart, and it was a joy to read, it was just as dear Tolkien would have wished it, an escape from life's troubles and worries. a real treasure.
-A Stranger To This Time,
vdggg chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Please warn people that this is slash.
Valinor Sunset chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
That's a wonderful story. :)
heartofahobbit chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
It is a blessing, a moment of peace that I feel as I read your words...sadness, the inevitable emotional response to images formed with such respect, moments created to torture your heart as understanding grows, sadness born of loss and hope brought by fulfillment of dreams...so many feelings swirl and fester...a moving story, words wrought with love and images made to last...I have read all your stories, and while I have enjoyed and been impressed by them all, this one has left me feeling that there is hope in a world...ours or that of elven kind...where such beautiful pictures can be painted with words...
GamgeeFest chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
Just amazing. All three put together are so beautiful and seamless. This is a wonderful series that truly touched me. I'll admit I was crying a couple of times while reading this, and smiling also at the tender love displayed between Frodo and Sam. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
You have an amazingly powerful way with words. I honestly don't even know what to write! Your story truly touched me. Thank you for your beautiful work. I added this to my favourites.
Allinah chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
So sad. But a wonderful story. I just loved it. Your way of writing is great, almost Tolkien-like. Keep on writing!
endymion2 chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
I want to thank you for this wonderful saddening joyful story that made me smile and cry. Never have I read a more touching piece about Frodo's "afterlive"!

"It will shine more brightly in the sea"
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Beautiful. Oh, amazingly beautiful. I always enjoy reading fics that incorporate the Sil and you did it seamlessly. More than that, however, you portrayed the deep love between Frodo and Sam in a subtle yet touching way. Simply put, this fic was awe-inspiring.