Reviews for Duel
Convenient Alias chapter 3 . 2/16
I love this chapter. The man just totally fanboying like, "The legendary hitokiri said my sword style was perfect!" Priceless.
NightStalker21 chapter 12 . 11/8/2013
This was great. I liked it. Your OCs were actually well developed characters whose sole purpose wasn't to be romantically involved with another character. I would've liked it if hitting Kenshin wiyh the whip had brought up bad memories from when he was sold as a slave as a kid, but you can't have all the angst.

9 years late, but great story!
Here I Be chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Okay, I realize that I am posting this review on what appears to be a... nine-year-old story (holy cow!), but I had to say, the name "Himshin, Kenura" had me in pieces! Comedic gold.
skenshingumi chapter 12 . 5/6/2005
I think the tone of this story seem to change after chapter 5 and never quite got back to the humor of the earlier chapters. I did like having Chou come in for awhile, that was amusing. It might be interesting to try your hand at humor again but keep the humorous tone throughout.

Please take this as honest encouragement and not as a negative review. As people got hurt and even died, it is hard to see the Kenshingumi as taking it lightly.
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 5/6/2005
I realize the premise of this story is to allow for the humorous fights but it is hard to actually picture that Kenshin would agree to battle for money. Somehow I think he would be willing to do laundry, cooking, waiting tables, etc. first. As some of the chapters get more serious and people get hurt, I think Kenshin would feel disturbed to be causing pain, even non-lethal pain for cash.

Just a side note. I am still enjoying your story even if I don't fully accept the set-up as being in character.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 5/6/2005
Nice to have someone recognize Kensshin and be ahppy and nice about it.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
The end of this chapter was quite funny including the name "Himsin Kenura".
Leisl von Trapp chapter 12 . 8/18/2004
You didn't do a bad job with this story! It was great! Gracias for the top makes me so embarrassed to send in, like five reviews, 'cuz that tells everybody: THIS REVIEWER DOESN'T READ THE CHAPTERS WHEN THEIR FRESH OFF THE PRESS, HENCE, SHE'S A LOSER. But back to the story.

I LOVED THE TWIST YOU GAVE MAKI. That was a great final battle, fantastic. I enjoyed reading every bit of it. And the end was HILARIOUS! Sano, you are cursed with perpetual unluckiness! Even the Rurouni can beat you! U LOOZ! Okay, I'm good. Thank you so much for the story and NOW I'm gonna go and finish my half-done reviewer's commitment to Wind's Revenge. See Ya!
Ms. Zeal chapter 12 . 8/18/2004
Interesting fight between Kenshin and Maki. I was waiting for kenshin to flip the blade on his sword and slice her whip in half, but... Any way, great chapter!
Leisl von Trapp chapter 11 . 8/17/2004
YAY! They're gonna fight again! And Kenshin's gonna have a hard time rippin' her this time, methinks! I can't wait for the next chapter, please, please, please write it soon!
Leisl von Trapp chapter 10 . 8/17/2004
Okay, this time I opened the review window first and I'll type as I go, 'cuz I'm sick of me forgetting everthing I wanna say. ;

When Kaoru asks Maki, she should say "spar" instead of "spare"

"Stay loose" I think is what you meant instead of "stay lose"

Yahiko "kept his mind calm"? Is that what it says? . ?

Senko's bokken flew "through" the air, not "threw"

And then near then end you said, "Once Sano was on board and wasn't going anywhere. Everyone..." I think that should be a comma and not a period, right? I'm gonna shut up now, and read the next chapter! YAY!
Leisl von Trapp chapter 9 . 8/17/2004
Stupid broomhead...turning everybody in like that...he deserves to die. Just kidding! Okay, knightsfairlady, let's move on with it. Good chapter, no typos that I noticed. Kenshin and Sanosuke are funny! YAY! Next chapter!
Leisl von Trapp chapter 8 . 8/17/2004
Typos, typos...must embarrass you with typos

found someone who was "quite" angry, not "quiet"

"Knock" this off, not "nock"

And some that I forgot, 'cuz I'm stupid! YAY!

Oh, Maki's a killer, this makes it interesting. I like, I like (not the fact that she's a killer, the fact that the plot's thickening) Thanks!
Leisl von Trapp chapter 7 . 8/17/2004 romance? That might be a good idea, though. Sounds good. There were some typos in this chappie:

When you're describing Ryo's sword, it should be a "type" of fine gold, not a "time," and there was another one but I'm too stupid to remember... .

Can't wait to read the next chapter! Thanks!
Leisl von Trapp chapter 6 . 8/17/2004
I AM SO SORRY I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR LIKE A MONTH! I deserve to be banished from all Kenshim fics! Gomenasai! Okay, well, on to the review. Uh-oh, somebody's out to get the illegal fighting thingy and Kenshin, too! ACK!

Oo..I think a little romance between Yahiko and Senko couldn't go wrong...I think it'd be cute. How old is Senko? Anyways, I'm sorry I'm such a loser reviewer. I'll be more faithful from now on. ;;