Reviews for Predator
Marycocke chapter 43 . 9/17/2020
Excellent writing
Kizabeth chapter 43 . 9/29/2018
I came across this series of stories on the Legacies archive, and quickly discovered I'd been reading out of order.
This series was amazing to read, and I've loved every minute of it. The murder mystery was amazing in this story and kept me guessing and questioning myself until the killer was finally revealed.
Thank you thank you thank you for your amazing stories!
fictionalmike chapter 43 . 5/11/2018
I found this in May 2018 whilst exploring the Community folders. A well-written, coherent, action-packed and plausible crossover including Kate and Gibbs from NCIS. The 43 chapters were well-worth the time which I invested in reading. Thank you for your writing. Mike
Guest chapter 43 . 1/11/2018
I didn't like this story the character Kate Todd was never that smart plus Gibbs would never ever let her run that many murder marines by herself. She showed time again and again that she had NO investigation skill other then that nice story
caffinate-me chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
So, I'm not sure if I ever reviewed this story when I read it the first time (or the 2nd or the 3rd) years ago when it was 1st posted, but I apologize for that. I was a clueless teen at time. Now, almost 10 years later this series/universe is still a favorite of mine. 'Time Passages' made me love AUs and is part of the reason why I started writing my own (even if it's in another fandom). So, I don't know if you'll even get this review since it has been so long, but I just wanted to say thank you.
alix33 chapter 43 . 1/25/2011
"Harm chuckled, "I thought Tink was going to faint. Good thing he held on, if he'd fallen, he would have wiped out half the church." "Harm! That's awful!" Mac gave him a mock scowl and then grinned, "Besides, his brothers would have caught him. I can't believe he's the smallest of the three." - Hehehe at Harm telling the truth AND at the thought of those literally big brothers of Tink's.

"I heard one of Tink's sisters threaten to box his ears if he didn't treat her new sister right." Harm shook his head remembering the incongruity of the scene. None of the Bell women came any higher than Tink's chest but it was obvious that they had no problem dealing with the men of the family." - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 42 . 1/25/2011
"DiNozzo said to remind you that you're not in the Secret Service anymore. You supposed to be getting out of the way of bullets, not stepping in front. He's also planning on giving you lessons on ducking." Kate groaned, "Oh god, he's going to drag this out for months, isn't he?" "Or until you shoot him." Gibbs gave her a half-grin. She looked at him hopefully, "Is that an option?" - We can only but wish.
alix33 chapter 41 . 1/25/2011
"That's Squid coffee, by the way. Harm made it," she added with a smile when she saw how cautiously Kate was starting to sip. Kate breathed an exaggerated sigh of relief and took a larger mouthful of the brew, "Thanks, I don't know how you and Gibbs can drink that sludge. Is lack of taste buds some sort of requirement to join the Marine Corps?" Mac shook a finger, "Don't go dissing the Corps. It's not our fault the rest of you have been brainwashed into liking wimpy, coffee-flavored water." - Hehehe.

"Deal," Kate shook hands with the Marine Colonel and then grinned, not letting go. "That's a beautiful ring. I understand congratulations are in order." Mac blushed a little, spreading her fingers out so Kate could get a better view, "Thank you." Kate leaned back in her pillows and grinned, "So? C'mon girl, dish." Her blush deepening, Mac smiled, "You know, I've known that Squid for nine years and he still managed to surprise me." With that, she launched into a description of Harm's proposal. By the time she was done, they were both a little teary-eyed. Kate wiped at her eyes, "Oh god, that was wonderful. Where is he? I wanna accept too." Mac laughed, "Nothing doing, that man's all mine." She gave Kate a thoroughly wicked smile, "You'll just have to make do with certain ex-Marine Gunnery Sergeants." "Mac! He's my boss!" Kate's shocked rejoinder only made Mac smile wider. She waved a hand, "Whatever, but I've seen him watching you. You're not in the military. You wouldn't be breaking regs." "Just his damn rules," Kate muttered, half to herself. Mac's smile was sympathetic, "I know the feeling. Look, if it's meant to happen, it will." Her expression turned wry, "Just hope that it doesn't take him nine years to make a move." Kate snorted, "I'd wait longer than that if I got a proposal like the one you got." Her eyes widened a little, "That is... I didn't mean... oh hell. Not a word to him, you hear." "I promise." The two women fell silent for a few moments." - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 40 . 1/25/2011
"She could be out there right now, watching us, and we wouldn't have a clue." Walters grunted, "One could hope." He turned his head slightly to see Gibbs staring at him, "Night time's hunting time. There's snakes all over this island: rattlers, copperheads, cottonmouths. I hope she's out there and tripping over them. It would save us a bullet." "Amen to that." - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 39 . 1/25/2011
"Kate looked from Gibbs to the JAG officers and back again, "What do you mean, 'Elbert's disappeared'?" After dinner, she had gone back to bed and had missed the bombshell Nevers had dropped on them all. Gibbs leaned back, looking exasperated, "Just what I said, Kate. Congresswoman Elbert has vanished." "How?" Kate looked incredulous and angry, "Wasn't anybody watching her?" "You mean besides the camera crews and reporters from every network, newspaper and two-bit tabloid on the Eastern Seaboard? God no, Agent Todd, we thought they'd be enough." Gibbs' own anger at this development spilled out as sarcasm. "What are her lawyers saying?" Mac jumped in as she watched Kate's jaw clench. How in the world Todd managed to refrain from killing this man, she'd never know." - Hehehe.

"The Dzurick kids' attempt to dunk Tink had met with very little success. The adults couldn't help laughing at the sight of Tink wading unconcernedly through the water with El, Nicky, Mo and Cat hanging on to his arms and shoulders. Carol and Mac had been unable to resist joining in and the six of them had finally succeeded in putting the big man under. Afterwards, Harm good-naturedly accused Mac of pulling rank and ordering Tink to take a dive." - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 38 . 1/25/2011
"Morning, sleepyhead." Mac turned and smiled. Harm was stretched out in a deck chair, his coffee cup sitting on deck next to him and a newspaper currently resting on his stomach. She arched an eyebrow at him, "You don't have much room to talk. I heard you get up. It wasn't that long ago." He gave her a mischievous grin, "Ahhh, but you see it's not the quantity of time that I was up but the quality." Mac leaned against the railing and took a sip of her coffee, "Oh?" Her eyes were twinkling with amusement. "Yes, oh." Harm repeated, looking smug. "For instance, I happen to know where everyone is." "Everyone? The entire planet? I am impressed." "And you should be," Harm folded his hands behind his head, continuing to grin. "I'm a very impressive guy." Mac shook her head and chuckled before taking another sip of coffee. Tilting her head to one side, she smiled, "So spill it, Mr. Omnipotent. Where is everyone?" Harm raised an eyebrow, "What's in it for me?" She raised an eyebrow back, "How about not having your six kicked by an impatient Marine?" "Hmmm," Harm tapped his chin, patently thinking about it. He gave her a rakish look, "Depending on the Marine, that could be fun." Mac rolled her eyes and then smiled sweetly, "I'll let Tinker know." She laughed at his comic look of horror" - Hehehe.

"setting her coffee cup on the railing, walked over to perch on the arm of his chair, "Talk Rabb." He snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her into his lap, "Nothing doing, sweetheart. Name, rank and serial number - that's all you're getting out of me." Grinning, Mac ran a hand through his hair, "You Americans, so stubborn. You know ve haft vays of making you talk." She leaned in and dropped a line of featherlight kisses along his jaw. Harm couldn't help the low groan from deep in his throat as he turned his head to capture her lips with his own. His hands moved from Mac's waist to her back as he pulled her in closer. When they finally broke apart, he took a deep breath and smiled up at her, "What do you wanna know? Launch codes? The square root of Pi? Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" Mac smiled lazily at him, resting a hand on his chest, "All those things, right after you tell me where everyone is." She adopted a stern look, "Don't make me kiss you again." Harm reached for her, "Nothing. I know nothing." Their lips met again in a softer, lingering kiss. Harm continued to gently caress her back. He didn't think it was possible to ever get enough of her. The sound of giggling followed by shushing intruded and Harm broke off the kiss with a sigh. He tilted his head so he could see past Mac and gave a wan smile and small wave to their audience. Mac hadn't turned around yet, sitting with her head still slightly bowed. "I know where El is now, who else do we have?" She looked torn between amusement and frustration." - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 37 . 1/25/2011
"Although they were loathe to admit it," - "loath to admit it".

"We were talking about what happened to her and Kate." He hunched forward to rest his elbows on his knees, "This was the first chance we've had to discuss it." He paused to run his hands through his hair, "I came so close to losing her this time." "But you didn't. Sarah's a fighter." Frank spoke comfortingly. "She was getting ready to quit." Trish said quietly, her eyes on Harm. Frank looked surprised and then stared at Harm, "But she didn't." "No she didn't," Harm agreed and leaned back with a sigh, "I can't keep doing this." Trish was looking really alarmed now. She shot a look at Frank before staring at her son, "What are you planning to do, Harm?" Harm eyed his parents for a long moment, "I'm planning on marrying her, if she'll have me." - Yay!
alix33 chapter 36 . 1/25/2011
"Harm looked at the door as it closed and then turned to Mac with a comically melancholy face, "I hate these long good-byes." "Harm... " Mac tried to keep a serious demeanor but couldn't help chuckling. His good humor was infectious. "What?" Harm put on an air of innocence for a moment before switching to a mock leer, "Now where were we, MacKenzie?" She gave him a sultry smile, reaching forward to trace his jawline with a soft touch and did her best 40's style femme fatale, "We were talking about blowing this popsicle stand." "Yes!" He stood up, grinning widely and tugged at her hand, "C'mon, let's go." He glanced around the room as if was seeing it for the first time and looked back at her, "Where should we go?" He snapped his fingers, "I know! A hotel room! They're all over the place down here. Isn't that great? It's like they knew." "Harm," Mac couldn't help laughing at his antics, "I'm not dressed." "I know. That's perfect." He started checking his pockets, "Car keys. Gotta have car keys..." "Harm! I am not leaving this base in just a night gown and a robe." He raised his eyebrows hopefully, "You want to lose the robe?" "Nooo, I want to get dressed." She tried to look stern but it was a losing battle. "But... but, wouldn't that be a waste of time? You won't be in them that long. My way's more efficient." "And not happening, Squid." She gave him a smile, "You could help me get dressed, you know." He looked surprised for a moment and then grinned slyly, "Yeah, I could, couldn't I? That seems only fair, seeing how I'm going to help you undress." - Hehehe

"They were halfway there when the phone rang. Harm rolled his eyes in exasperation and looked at Mac hopefully, "Wanna let it ring?" Mac rolled her eyes right back at him, "No. What if it's Gibbs?" "Tell him to get his own girl." Harm growled" - Hehehe.

"Mac shot him a look that told him he was being a man again and stood up, "I need to get out of this nightgown." Harm sighed plainatively, "THAT'S what I've been saying." He grinned and ducked as she took a half-hearted swipe at him, "Be serious, will you?" - Hehehe.
alix33 chapter 35 . 1/25/2011
"I'll be wearing a sling for a good month though and that's going to be annoying as hell. Ever try working a PDA with one hand?" "Can't say that I have," Mac couldn't help smiling a little. "Maybe Tony can help you." "Bite your tongue!" Kate said in mock horror. "It's bad enough that he's gone through my purse before. No way will I let him get his hands on my PDA. He's worse than my brothers and that's going some." Mac's smile grew a little wider, "What about Gibbs?" Kate rolled her eyes, "Mr. Technology? No thanks. His version of rebooting is to bang it on a table and then fling it against a wall." - Hehehe.

"She looked over at the agent and her frown turned into concern. Kate was much too pale and a fine sheen of perspiration covered her face. Throwing off her covers, she swung herself out of bed and bellowed for Ducky. Harm leaned against the wall of the corridor and looked over at Ducky, "This probably wasn't a great idea." Mallard grunted, eyeing the impassive Marine guard standing by the door, "Probably not, but Kate was going to do this one way or the other. It's better to be here assisting rather than finding her facedown somewhere because she tried to do it on her own." He looked back at Harm and raised his eyebrows slightly, "She's a very stubborn woman." They both paused as the volume of the conversation inside the room grew. Harm gave the Doctor a wry look, "And she just collided with an immovable object." Ducky chuckled, "Just be glad it's not either one of us." He arched an eyebrow, "My money's on Kate." Harm looked down at the floor. "Mine, too," he said softly." - Sneaky Ducky and Harm! But we love you for it.

Yay! for the Bacovian royals, Tink, Pick and Harm's parents.
alix33 chapter 34 . 1/24/2011
"He could feel her starting to tremble and rubbed her shoulder reassuringly, "Hey, c'mon Kate. You're going to be fine. Ducky promised." She turned her head to look at him and he could almost see her thoughts: 'Who are you and what have you done with my bastard boss?' He couldn't help smiling a little. "You know you're setting a lousy precedent, Agent Todd." He nodded towards her arm, "We're going to go back to DC with matching slings. When DiNozzo sees us, he's going to want one of his own and then McGee will feel like he has to get one, too... " Kate smiled at the thought and relaxed back into her pillows, "We'll look like a convention of one-armed paper hangers." "Yeah." - Hehehe, though IMO, Tim would not wat one, because Tim is intelligent enough to know that the acquisition of such a sling would be painful.

"She stared up at him for a moment, ordering her thoughts. "I owe her, Gibbs. She wouldn't leave me even after I asked her." She saw the look on his face, "I was bleeding from the wound in my arm and the cut on my leg. I told her to get away from me when the sharks came. She said no." "She's a Marine," Gibbs said absently, still dwelling on the fact that she would even suggest such a thing. When this was over, he was going to treat Mac to the best steak dinner he could find. ...Hell, he would even let Rabb tag along." - Can us readers and reviewres please tag along too?

"What do you think you're doing?" Kate was struggling to push the covers off and sit up, something she having trouble doing one-handed. "I'm going to go see Mac... goddammit... can't believe after everything we went through... ow... shoot that woman myself... damn... you want to give me a hand here?" One side of Gibbs' mouth quirked upward, "You might want to wait a little bit. Mac's probably still asleep. It's only 4 am." Kate stopped and stared at him, "It is?" She sank back down and let Gibbs rearrange her covers, unwilling to admit that even that small exertion had zapped her strength. "I want to see her, Gibbs." Her expression turned fierce, "And then I want to bury Elbert." - AWESOME! at how pissed-off Kate is.

"Carol straightened and turned slowly towards the Secretary, one eyebrow slightly arched, "We will put them back in the context to which they belong. Are you somehow under the impression that we're unaware of Colonel MacKenzie's past or are you implying that Bacovia is too inept to conduct a background check? Do you think, for one moment, that I would allow someone that I did not have the utmost confidence in to become involved with my children?" She glared at a speechless Sheffield" - YOU GO, Carol!

"Things were looking up for the most part. Kate's memory lapse had proved transitory. She was still weak, one didn't shrug off blood loss and infection all that quickly, and her interview with Nevers had left her exhausted. She'd fallen asleep almost immediately afterwards and had missed Elbert's second and even more outrageous interview. He wished the same could have been said for Sarah. While Rabb had been livid, she'd seemed almost resigned. He didn't like seeing her that way. Mallard glanced down at his lunch and decided to buy something to take back to the Colonel. If anyone needed comfort food, she did." - AW! Ducky is Mac's friend for life, IMO.