Reviews for Absolution
sakR9 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Loved this :

"It didn't feel right to just walk away, but what did you say to an enemy who broke protocol by exhibiting evidence of possessing a soul? "
sakR9 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
While Reno isn't exactly IN character, his annoying character, he is definitely playing the part of wounded grieving friend and Tifa was perfect. I liked how they didn't just suddenly jump on each other and start making out because that isn't believable, though very writable :P

Thanks for this!
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Love the ending. So different from what might usually be portrayed.
darklace15 chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Aw...that was really touching, and very well-written. Amazing. :D
Squeeze-the-Fish chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
"Reno." He turned to face her. "I don't ever want to see you again."

She'd never pretended to be Aeris.

Awesome. I was a little worried that she was just going to be all sappy and forgive him like that, but I’m glad she didn't, I don’t think it’s very believable. Great, great story once again. :D
Raven2120 chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I had a feeling that it would be Reno. I don't know...i guess it was just because the church is the first place you seem him...anyways. You are amazing..wow...the characters are so complex and realistic. Its great!
Tijuana Pirate chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
Heh, I might be obsessed, but the moment you started talking about the church, I thought of Reno.

Isn't it odd that he walked in. *secretive grin* I like this one, a lot actually. Who's name was on the paper. I can name a few. Surprised Tifa? It can be. Reno, human, what a concept. *grin deepens*

Again, beautiful description at the beginning of your story. The church that was slightly damaged, the dust floating in the air (I don't know why but that in particular impressed me), the flowers, the candles, the papers. I think I think this story mostly because it's a little subdued. Not blaring sad but you have a feeling that there's a lot moving underneath the surface. Not quite tension because it's not quite unpleasant but you do get the feeling that there's a lot of emotion hidden *somewhere*. *grins* Love it.

T. Pirate
Sabriel41 chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Now this... this is marvellous. You have a wonderful way of writing Tifa that gives her both strength and sympathy; it was interesting to see how she was on her guard in such a holy place... *and* how she hated that same instinct. Kudos for having Tifa stand her ground; sometimes this is the best sort of happy ending possible.

Definitely a 'favorite' - keep up the fantastic work.

Sabriel.
Jess Angel chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
Oh, what a story...

You've such a flow and way with weaving in description. It's simply breathtaking. A pretty and poignant piece, Cobalt. I was half-expecting Vincent, but oddly, I also had a feeling it would be Reno. Weird. ;

I like Tif's and his interaction. Fit the place and time nicely. It was kind of comforting to see her recognize the humanity still left in him, though he is a 'Turk'.

I loved how you had Tifa mentally talking to Aeris, too. At times I can get quite annoyed when people play up the "jealousy" etc, etc. between them. I thought the end was perfect as well. Tifa's Tifa and not Aeris. I like how she found this - the ability to forgive, in Aeris' memory. Very touching.

Jess 0:o)
Verdot chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
This story betrays your age. But that's a good thing. We can't all sound 13.

"She never pretended to be Aeris" I think that sums it up, beautiful line. I think that describes the nice little Tifa and Aeris dynamic that fanfic writers often turn into something else for their own devices. I love this approach, it's more real.

Now, I have a bias towards Tifa, she seems more real to me...more human. This piece beautifully describes that.
Pan-snow chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
Tifa is not like Aeris...that was a nice ending...the whole scene in church was wonderful...lost memories and the whole image of peace after a war...Tifa has spunk...that was a great one shot piece... write more soon
Tifa-Carbuncle chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
That was absolutely beautiful. The emotions were so realistic, and so well done. The silences between the characters spoke more than the words did...it seemed as if you could almost...see the church, hear the silence and awkwardness. You are a very talented writer! Great, awesome, superb job!
Psycofoxx chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Not bad, I kinda like it.
magnum opus chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
this is quite perfect; i especially liked the ending. good job. :)
Assassin-G chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Good job. I thoroughly enjoyed it.