Reviews for Some Good News
Hestia chapter 6 . 9/14/2004
I really enjoyed your story and can't wait for the next instalment!

Heh "Waffling" for the author whose very boring and waffles on a bit, funny. And "Morpheus" for the sleepy owl, cute.

I am a bit curious about Harry, Hermione and Ron though. Will Hermione and Ron be sacrificed for the sake of Theodore's character? Will he and Harry start a friendship or really dislike one another? JKR described Theodore (on her webpage, not in canon I'm pretty sure) as a kid who didn't need to be a part of the crowd- is he a rare 'good' Slytherin? He must be cunning and ambitious though- that should be fun. I can't wait to see Theodores reaction to Lupin's connection with Harry. After all Lupin is sort of supposed to be Harry's uncle now what with Sirius gone- is Harry going to feel left out in the cold? I'm glad Lupin has Tonks, he's got a lot ahead of him and is definately going to need a hand!

Oh and do I suspect a future 'Tonks babysit's 'Theo'' scene? That should be a bit of fun!

- Hestia
Gyrc chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
Ola!

Another wonderful chapter! I can't wait for more! You really wrote it really well, and all the characters are becoming more and more realistic ... There'll only be a few more chapters before somebody pops out of the computer screen.

... I've had way too much sun. Could you tell? LOL!

'Till the next chappie!

- Neoma -
Alice Dodgson chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
Aw, thanks for the dedication in your author's notes. *blushes*

Anyways...there are so many things I love about this chapter, many of which I've already told you about, but what the hell, I'll go over them again!

1. How well you write Lupin. Your version of him does not go against the canon at all, yet you develop his character in ways that JKR hasn't been able to. I love his sarcasm in this chapter.

2. Your Tonks is just as cool in this story as she is in OotP. Theodore's reaction to her was too cute.

3. The way you play up Remus' love for chocolate, the same way they did in the POA movie. Heh heh.

4. This subtle humor in this line: "After a thorough search of the cupboards, however all the wizard came up with was moldy bread, an empty oatmeal box, and a jar of an oozing green substance labeled "Pickled Toad Livers" in cheerful orange script."

5. You really make the reader feel sorry for poor Remus, just in your descriptions of how haggard his lycanthropy has made him look over the years.

6. Every conversation that Remus has with Theodore feels very real. Even though Theodore might as well be an original character with all we know about him from the books, you make him just as real as Remus and Tonks.

I'm a little worried about the Death Eater's attack in Hogsmeade...I hope Remus, Tonks and Theodore will all be safe!

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter,

Alice
lucidity chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
I loved Theo's repsonse to Tonks. She would be a rather odd duck if you weren't used to such things.

Theo and Remus seem to be getting on relatively well at this point. What will he do with the kid when he goes on duty? I doubt he can be left to his own devices. Maybe he can drop him off at the Weasleys or with Harry, where he would be safe.

Sorry about your computer problems. That can be rough.

Great story! Update when you can!
Alice Dodgson chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
*knocks quietly* Hey sweetie! I was just wondering how you and your writing were doing. I've had a bit of writer's block myself with my latest story, so I know what you're feeling if the same thing is happening to you. Not that I'm impatient - it'll be worth it to see the next chapter no matter how long it takes you to write it. :)
Alice Dodgson chapter 5 . 6/22/2004
Aw. This latest chapter certainly wasn't disappointing. And the end was very sweet as you said, but I don't think it was teeth-rotting. I'm glad that Remus and Theodore got to do some bonding...and I hope that eventually they will get close enough that Theodore will give Remus some information about what happened to Bertie.

I liked the part about Remus reminding himself to be polite to Snape, that made me chuckle. :)

I would still love to be your beta. I noticed a few run-on sentences in this last chapter, but I suspect that may be due to a problem with your computer or , not your grammar skills.

One last thing - Theodore might have been in the POA film! You know the skinny Slytherin kid, who wasn't Goyle, who kept hanging out with Malfoy and Crabbe? (Harry kicked his arse during the snowball fight scene.) Someone said on a HP message board that it was Theodore Nott. Just thought I'd let you know. :)
Moony Lover chapter 5 . 6/21/2004
oh, this is really sweet and very well written, I would love to see more remus-tonks interaction, as well as more theodore-lupin interaction! adn where is harry? (hehe) as always, greatly well written. email me when you update!

love!

ML
Gyrc chapter 5 . 6/20/2004
LOL! Wonderful chapter... it was nice to see Theo and Remus bonding! Hope that he (Theo) doesn't become a deatheater... You've made him to nice sounding!
isolatedfrost chapter 5 . 6/20/2004
Hi! I rally like Theodore. I thought he was going to jump out the window and run away. Silly me, haha. I really love the story so far. I think you're a great writer. I don't know what else to say. :P It's a wonderful story. I can't wait to read your next chapter. :) Hm... now I must go and brush my teeth, for I'd hate my teeth to rot. :P
lucidity chapter 5 . 6/20/2004
I liked it very much! Remus is very believable here and I like the young Theodore as well. Remus handled the question about Roberta very well.

More please!
Neoma chapter 4 . 6/12/2004
Really really good! I'm enjoying this fic lots and lots... It's a great story idea!
Alice Dodgson chapter 4 . 6/11/2004
You're right - that WAS your best chapter yet. :) It's so great to finally meet Theodore. He seems a little angsty - and with what he's been through, who can blame him? I really hope that he and his uncle get to be close...Remus always struck me as the fatherly-type.

Am I wrong in suspecting that there might be some Remus/Tonks romance in the future? ;)

One last thing...I'd be glad to be your beta, if you still want one. Not that you need it that badly, but at any rate I'd get to see your new chapters before anyone else would, mwahahaha.
lucidity chapter 4 . 6/11/2004
I liked this chapter very much. I liked how Remus could see his sister is his nephew. It will certainly help them to bond, I daresay.

Since Theodore is a bit of a pistol, I'm sure he'll give Remus a run for his money.
Alice Dodgson chapter 3 . 6/9/2004
Nice chapter, it certainly didn't disappoint! You write Snape very well...I love how you keep him ambiguously assholeish-yet-good, just like in the canon. As to whether you should have a chapter of Remus "mulling over" what has happened or go straight to the action: I don't see why you can do both in the same chapter. Maybe have him mull over it for a couple paragraphs (nothing too long) and then have his nephew step into his office? I don't know, it's your story, but there's just a humble suggestion. :)
lucidity chapter 3 . 6/8/2004
Snape seemed very much in character.

Poor Remus. Maybe he will be able to forge a meaningful relationship with his nephew. The boy probably needs it.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I think you're a fine writer!