Reviews for Testimone
Lady J2 chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
Dear Lord I'm lazy. Once again, I read this fic before and completely didn't review. Bad Jen, bad Jen!

Anyhoo, once again your work is amazing. This story holds that *flow*, that hard-to-describe-and-pin-down element that just makes it click for me. It's along the lines of Court's cop out on obsentity - can't define it, but I know it when I see it. And I definately see it here. (But then, I see it in most of your stories).

I loved the skill set comment, and how to dive through glass without cutting yourself to ribbons. Also, while the working her way to the realization that she's the black sheep is somewhat standard, the "don of Gotham" and his betrayal of that responsiblity floored me. A left field kinda comment that Helena would totally make, and it holds water, based as it is, in Helena's viewpoint (Bruce himself may even see it somewhat that way, deep down where he doesn't have to acknowlege it).

I like Helena voice here. It's how I'd like to see canon continue. Gail currently has control in BoP, and is running with a voice very similar to your own. If you haven't picked up the recent Birds of Prey arches yet, I highly recommend them.

I believe Gail at least is willing to give Helena a chance to grow beyond the "angry bitch" aspect that too many writer's embrace when dealing with Huntress. The rough and tumble is still there, but some introspection has crept in when the world wasn't looking. I'd love to see what you'd do with her now that Babs has made her an offical full-time BoP operative. (was that outloud?)
Bronny chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Wow. I have only ead a few of the Batman canon. I have the luck to own a novel of Batman: No Man's Land. I though Huntress was treated terribly by the Batclan. This story...she was real, a person not just a fictive. You write well. Thank you
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Very nice spotlight on the Huntress! I haven't actually read any comics with her in them since shortly after NML, but you've very neatly captured the essence of the Huntress I remember. More, please!