Reviews for Human Nature
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
There are a couple of obvious technical errors (example: "the better they'd be. The better his family would be"). Also, the repeated gestures (and subsequent revelations) don't seem consistent. (For example, Alan turns to face Sandy about 20 times, but each time it's a carefully narrated surprise.) On the other hand, the dialogue feels fairly natural, and the occasional bits of humor are nice.
Stargazer Nataku chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I'm a newbie to the JSA comics and thus to JSA fanfic, but of the few I've read this is my favorite, hands down. It's well written (a plus, and rare in fanfiction these days!) and well researched with little bits and bobs from the forties that these two would know well. Not to mention that the characterizations are interesting and it takes a tack that I hadn't thought of in reading the actual comics. Major kudos, and thanks for sharing. :-D
Agena K chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Domenika,

this is an amazing, touching and wonderful story. you have the characters just right

thank you for sharing.

Jude
Natsuki chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
It's so rare to get a fic that gets not one, but two rarely-written (in fandom, at least) characters bang-on. I really enjoyed this fic for just that reason. You injected the perfect amount of humour into Sandy and Alan's interaction, the dry dislike of being a source of gossip on Alan's part, and all the (meta)physics/biology of being a superhero whose will defines who and what he is. It's pretty damn awesome.

Thumbs-up!
Aranel Took chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
This is a great character study (with Sand's help) of Alan's doubts and fears about everything he's been through.
Brenda Shaffer-Shiring chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
I like this story. A lot of insight into how Alan might feel about the changes in himself, and Sandy's a good choice to have this kind of conversation with him. Both characters are well done, and the inherent pathos of the situation is nicely restrained.
giveGodtheglory chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
I don't think I've ever read any of these characters in a comic book, but you write this very well, making me care what they're going through.
Jack chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Very nice writing! You did a great job painting the scene with your words and showing us the story rather than telling us the story. The ending also was nice. You brought the short story format to this type of setting in an interesting and well done way. You didn't try and do too much and you left enough for the reader to infer without overemphasizing what the characters were going through. Nicely done!