Reviews for Born to be Free
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
This piece is a beautiful insight into Sanosuke and his feelings. I love the part you wrote about how he wanted to see the world no matter how much it hurt and I loved how you described his need to be free. This was an incredibley great story, thanks for writing it!
lara chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Well I think sano truly loved Megmi
skyline angel chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
*sigh* i love this fic! it was so well-written... very beautiful...

keep it up! i love this!
Marilee chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
its not true not true not true
Kitsune-Blue chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
o really good writing description! Kepp up the eood work and go the happy ending ;)!
ChiisaiKo chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Gosh, Hitomi. How do you do it? It's so very good! Love your melodic tone in the beginning as it leads us into the story. Love Sano's introspection, as I am sure he misses the people back home.

What I especially love is the way in which you portray his indecision-and the uncertaintly of love. Oh dear, I'm sure we've all been there at some point in our lives. I like how he sees them as all beautiful-and then you bring in the killer line: "Most beautiful of all had been the kitsune." And then this one, "And maybe he had just found her beautiful, and mayb eshe ha just found him beautiful"

...and really, is any more words necessary than that when it comes to love? I doubt it.

A throughly gorgeous piece, Hitomi, as usual. :)
was-p.s.y.r.k chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
"The former okashira of the Oniwaban had been beautiful" ..somehow can't imagine Sano even thinking *that*

yup.. he was gone.. but NW never said anything about him never coming back, ne?

can't help saying:

the no1 reason for a/m to never work out is misao.. not thinking/believeing in a/misao is closing your eyes to what's in front of you (the anime AND manga hinted that so much, hint is not even enough a word)
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I liked it a lot. Thing is, on pieces like these I don't really know what to say except, great job! Oh, though I think it is "Jou-CHAN" instead of san. That's all. Cyz!
RosefaerietaleRed chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I liked this perspective of Sano. And as much as I am a Sano/Megumi fan, I think you're right about them never getting together.
EEevee chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I thought Sayo was absolutely hilarious... she made great fodder for my English paper on selfishness _

Anyway, wonderful little story. Woah, some deep thought for Sano here. I'd imagine travelling around the world at that time would have been absolutely facinating, considering all the major changes going on. And I agree. Kenshin and Sagara had the biggest impact on his life. Hmm, I'm not specifically a Sano/Meg, but I think I actually like the way this shaped up :D *considers* Yep. Again, nice story.
g3ozLizh chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Kekeke... . I'm utterly speechless...

Why do you guys (you & Mirune :p) keep on making me feel so... hollow & heavy at the same time? (I meant that in a good way _.) I want to rejoice at such love between S&M yet at the same time feel saddened that it remains a big MAYBE in the true RK storyline... Watsuki-sama never placed any closure between the two of them and it is only in well-written S&M fics can I truly sit back and let out a contented, happy sigh.

(like this one BUT! There's a cliffhanger! I'm again left with my mouth agape thinking, "Oh no! Just when all things seem hopeful and veering to a definite S&M ending, it has to end!")

I'm a big (albeit silent... most of the time) Sanosuke & Megumi shipper. I can stomach Aoshi & Megumi fics (as long as their done with justice like your fic and Cherie Dee's saga, and Mirune's... _) but they do break my heart; I can never picture the kitsune-onna with anybody besides that adorable toriatama! _v

Just a thought... why does it seems like everybody's trying the Aoshi&Megumi pairing? Is it for reasons of trying something new, too much stuff out about the S&M pairing, or simply because when watching the RK series, there comes this feeling that there is/might have been something between the captive and her captor?

Tee-hee! Sorry for the ramblings! Just curious! _ Keep up the good work (uh... more on the S&M part of you)! When you ever get around to gracing the S&M fandom with your writing talent (if ever - since I believe you to be a true A&M shipper?), DO drop me an email right away!

Till then! Ja! c,)
Trupana chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I agree. Stupid Magdaria/Sayo/stupid random filler...kick kick for good measure.

This was very lyrical and good as always. I always thought their relationship would be something like that.

Unfortunately, I'm in a strangely hysterical mood today, so your title made me start singing "Born free...as free as the wind blows..." and when I saw "No longer a boy, and still not quite a man.", I couldn't *help* but think Britney Spears and start cracking up. And when he was thinking everyone was beautiful...well, it did seem very Sano/everyone-ish; the image of Sano/Aoshi was very very very disturbing. But Aoshi is beautiful isn't he?

Anyway, ignore my strange humor, because your story was really good. :)

Tru
mushii chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
OMG!

That was beautifully writen!

really sad ;_;

And right before reading it, I was looking the Kenshin scans which featured the exact quotes you mentioned!

And I was thinking about them too!

Anyways, amazing fanfic.

You've gotta write more. Your language and phrasing was beautiful and unique. I loved _

Continue writing!
mirune keishiko chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
ahh... one thing among many others that i love about reviewing fics is that i get to throw the author's most goggle-able lines right back at her...

"Each insult they exchanged had seemed like precious secrets that belonged to the two of them alone." *gasp* you are so head on with this.

"And maybe he had just found her beautiful, and maybe she had just found him beautiful." *falls over and almost dies*

"At night he lies back and he gazes at the stars shining in the clear black sky, and he thinks that maybe, just maybe, he had loved her."

the stubborn Sano/Megumi 'shipper in me wants to tear you apart for the way you so definitively close the book on these two... but the RK fanfic addict in me is too blinded by tears to aim properly.

gah... T.T

*ahem* in a way that i don't intend to offend, this kind of reminds me of Seisouhen: really breathtakingly beautiful, but really effing sad. .

and i *was* thinking of adding a Sano chapter to "Evensong," but now you've beaten me to it, and i can hardly top this, so... thanks for saving me the work. ;) i'm privileged to have somehow helped bring about this piece of art.

and please do update Kakusei. ;)
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 6/3/2004