Reviews for The Ebb of the Tide
Starlit Skyline chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Ah, finally, a fic where no one is wounded, poisoned or dying.
I like this very much, especially the theme!
CC.V.RG chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Hm, very nice oneshot! :) that was one of the few parts that i disliked about the movie: there wasnt any "legolas sea-longing", like there was in the book. This is a very cute gapfiller! :)
Not Here 999 chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
It is nice to get more insight into a character that was left in the shadows and that many readers feel should have received more attention. The little sentences here and there about Legolas and his sea longing leaves one wondering. Thank you for sharing this story. Very well written.
truelovewaits chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Okay, first point I'd like to make I read the last line ages ago and it didn't seem too good but once you've read the whole short story you see that it really is one of them excellent lines that tops it off perfectly and gives off that tingling sensation of emotion. Well done on that!

Again the relationship between the characters is portrayed extremely well and I think you have described their friendship perfectly. The mention of dolphins in this story is a plus; although I was unaware if dolphins existed in the story I like the added detail ;)

Another think that I've noticed is you put the important thought's of the characters and emphasise them in italics. This is a good typographic feature, which I think makes the reader take more notice of the characters feelings so they feel more involved.

I have no points to criticise, which of course I would have great pleasure in doing but yes very emotionally involving story, I loved it!
Tiannstnocfm chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
That's so beautiful and so sad! I never thought about Aragorn feeling guilt about bringing Legolas with him but now that you wrote about it, it sounds like it probably did happen. You write their friendship perfectly, I always adore your stories. I love gap-fillers, especially this one. But it's so sad! That last line, *sniff*. I always feel miserable when I think about Legolas and Aragorn being parted forever! And you wrote it in mere hours, wow! You're incredibly talented. It's so sad that for a while Legolas was blissfully happy...then called home. And he can't help it, he just has to leave Middle Earth. Definetly one of my favorite stories, thanks for sharing it! _
From the Silent Planet chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
ah...that was really good! I liked it a lot.
Gozilla chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Wow... This is good! -
Patty chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Lovely! I like it very, very much. It has a lyrical quality to it.
randomramblings chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Well done!
Veritas and Aequitas chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Just beautiful... especially the last line.
boromir chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
This is a really good short story. Please do more.
colagreenleaf chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
:-) 1st review! Very good gap filler and nicely written, I never thought about this from Aragorns perspective and I'm sure he would have had the same doubts. I loved the atmosphere, it felt like (as gandalf says!) the deep breath before the plunge, quiet and peaceful even though Aragorn knows whats ahead, for themselves and Legolas.

Thanks GollumsFish! That was really good to read!

Cola xx