Reviews for Que les Choses Ont Change
b-s chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
It was well-written, but would have been much more enjoyable if you'd canned the foreign languages. I know you have some sort of theory (I don't care enough to follow the link) but the characters don't talk like this in the game, and it's alienating.
Serenity Anne chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
*Jaw drop* Oh my ... You are going to keep writing, right? I LOVE the fluff in it ; I'm a sucker for romantic stuff. And I love the whole Squall/Rinoa pairing. PLEASE keep writing, I'll be expecting more from you :-p
irrelevant chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
nice story...a little too graphic, but it was good.
Halfling Rogue chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Absolutely wonderful. I love the fluff, and your reasoning about the nationalities is fitting and logical; I wish I'd picked up on it myself, earlier. Now I'm ALWAYS going to picture Zell and Seifer speaking in German and the others in French. Ack. XD But, yes! I very much would like to see more from you. Continue, s'il vous plait!

P.S. I noticed how some people were complaining about the translations, and while I do love the language change, you might cut down on complaints by only using it for occasional words and short sentences instead of full sentences, and by putting the translations at the top of the chapter instead of the bottom.
RyverLoire chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
aw! so cute! you have Squall reaction so true to what he would do! it's so cute, i'm working on my own fanfic that has to do with Squall and his daughter... i swear when the idea came to me it was original, to give squall a daughter, now everyone is giving him a daughter. :shurgges: plz just read the epilouge if you get the chance
Katt chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
I like it a lot. I hope you continue it!

Though the bilingual idea is a little strange, it's interesting and original. I'll look up your theory.

Keep writing. :)
Krista Aya S chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Hey, very nice! I'd certainly like to see this continued!

* Krista Aya *
Jessica chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
Hi! I loved it! Keep it coming!

God Bless (no offense),

Jess (aka dorkyj2002)
chibi-san chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
the french threw me off a lil but i think its a really cute fic
jisAtsU siLENcE chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
o interesting and cute ... i like it .. great job! )
E chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
It was good but the French trew me off...I also don't think that the nationality thing is right. I think that the people who do the graphics have trouble thinking up new buildings and such so they kind of base the design on stuff that is real. Zell is my favorite character and he was raised in Balamb not born there so he really isn't umm...german. The setting of the game is based around Romance and France is known to be romantic so I guess they used alot of buildings and setting from France. The way I see it...People from Balamb are just umm...what would you call some one from Balamb? I think that the nationalitys in the game arn't really based on any real ones.
Lady Raion chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I liked it. It was very emotional, powerful, and well written. The only draw-back in the use of French. I wasn't able to go to the site with your theory on it, but, despite the theory, the use of a different language takes away from the story a bit. The transaltions were useful, but most people don't want to have to scroll to the bottom of the page and then have to find their place again. It also seems a bit out of place, as they never actually spoke French in the game, and this story is a continuation of the game. Other than that, I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I hope you'll continue soon.
rhapsodisiac chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I LOVE your theory of nationality. It makes so much sense, and it'll be a great tool to use when I'm doing my own ficcing (if you don't mind, I mean _).

I really enjoyed this first chapter. German and French are both such, erm, *sexy* languages! I knew enough of both to pick up on what they were saying while I was reading, but it was still a great idea to put the translations at the bottom.

At first I was a little weirded out by real-world influences like Squall saying "christ" and the baby-before-marriage taboo, but then I remembered that you're basing all this in a world of Eurpoe, so it fits perfectly.

Go you!
Rinoa's Star chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
i loved your fic! any more chapters coming? e mail me at my address. i need help writing my fanfics anyway.