Reviews for For Captain Faramir
LOTRlover1066 chapter 3 . 4/14/2006
Very good. I like how you told it from Beregond's perspective and show his inner-conflicts throughout that sequence.
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 7/17/2004
A most enjoyable story.I love this part of the book.
Redone chapter 3 . 6/15/2004
Beautiful. I loved Beregond in the books, and it's lovely to see his POV.
Earendil Eldar chapter 3 . 6/12/2004
Great story. Short and sweet, and though you said differently in your header, i think this is really very original. Telling a story, even though it's the same story we all know and love, from another point of view is great. Beregond's part is small, but to get inside his headspace that like is really excellent. Every character has that kind of headspace, that whole existence, from Otho Baggins right up to the King of Gondor himself. Well done, i praise you with great praise.
Ithil-valon chapter 3 . 6/8/2004
A completely satisfying end! Wonderful piece!
Ithil-valon chapter 2 . 6/7/2004
Such a meloncholy, and yet uplifting chapter!

I felt the soulfulness of "Not dishonored, merely mournful."

I felt the dispair of "I would be there for the final moments of my Captain"

I felt the humor of "run as quick as your tongue."

I felt the hope of "A light of love and knowledge was kindled in Faramir's eyes."

And I felt the simple satisfaction of "And all we had was a fools hope."

Hannon le, mellon nin, mae carnon.
Rosie26 chapter 2 . 6/6/2004
What a wonderful original idea! Every bit as good as we expect from you now. :)
newfan chapter 2 . 6/5/2004
Gr8 story. I really loved those details you put in. What more can I say? Excellent, fabulous, and just truly amazing. Plz continue!
newfan chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Very good story. That's all I can say. Someday you should be author. I'll buy your books, I promise! I'm sorry I reviewed a day late but I had a really bad cold!
Arahiril chapter 2 . 6/5/2004
Great chapter! I liked the addition of Duliet - she helps to emphasize Beregond's emotions and fears quite well... good job! Psyched for the conclusion!
elisabeth chapter 2 . 6/5/2004
loved this story, however one thing confused the fudge out of me. In chapter one Mithrandir tells Denethor that a steward who gives up the rod to the king WOULD be diminished. Don't you mean he WOULDN'T be? just something to think about.

liz
Berzerkerprime chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
This is a very well-written story and it's always a rare and wonderful thing to find a Beregond fanfiction lurking on these pages. I salute you!

However, I have one small beef. The first half of the fic is decidedly movie-canon. In the books, Imrahil and the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth ride out with Faramir and some of his Knights. Faramir is actually brought back to the Citadel by Imrahil and several survivors rather than dragged back by his horse (I still wonder how PJ adressed the issue that he probably shouldn't have survived such a dragging, too, what with all sorts of battle debris all over the Pelennor and a rather panicked horse that had to have been going rather fast, but I digress). The exchange you have in your fic is entirely movie-based.

Well-written and in and of itself it doesn't cause any continuity errors in the fic. But it is rather jarring to go from one set of canon to the other. Just something to keep in mind.

As always, continue writing. _

Berz.
Arahiril chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Looking forward to the next chapter... great job! It's not THAT unoriginal by the way - it's really not. An interesting and different perspective. My only thing though - I'd definitely take out the bold... it kind of made my head spin. Looking for chapter 2!
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Very nice start! Beregond is a great character, and I look forward to seeing how you continue to write him. Watch the punctuation, though!

I loved Pippin's speech about a 'fool's hope'; it's so hobbity and typical of the hero that Pippin has become.
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Another masterpiece! Ah, whatever you do, you must not stop writing!