Reviews for beautiful contradictions
Erika chapter 17 . 1/3/2011
This, hands down, is the best Lily/James fanfic I have EVER read. It's just amazing and you are an amazing writer... I've read it way too many times by now and although fanfiction is not a big part of my free time anymore I still check back on this one to see if it's been updated. I know you said you do this for you, but if you ever have a doubt about updating... know that you have many loyal followers of this story!

-Erika
Ka chapter 10 . 12/22/2010
Excellent! Seems people are complaining about a lack of sex - I believe your way is both better and more credible. The only thing I find strange is that Lily's relationship with Snape is none existent.
Prongsie101 chapter 17 . 12/11/2010
Please update soon!

This is the most realistic James/Lily story I've read in so long! And I've read A LOT of James/Lily stories in the past ;)

- Roxy x
Katherine C chapter 17 . 11/29/2010
So, I get on FanFiction for the first time in years, feeling nostalgic, planning on revisiting some of my old favorites, and lo and behold, Beautiful Contradictions, the author of which I was convinced had dropped dead of a massive heart attack, has UPDATED! Holy shit! VERY nice chapter and hurry back with the last ones!
FiWaEaAi chapter 17 . 11/24/2010
WOW! This story was absolutely amazing! I am looking forward to the final chapter, and hopefully, you'll be able to write it soon! I loved all of it! Good job!
CherryArrow chapter 17 . 11/21/2010
you're brilliant you know that?
Crazycally chapter 17 . 11/21/2010
are you going to finish any time soon because i'm serously considering reading it and i hate reading unfinished storys and this is too long to read if its abandoned
A. Jayne M chapter 17 . 11/11/2010
This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. Not to mention (in my opinion) the best Lily and James story I've yet to find. I was following this story two years ago. Boy, was I glad I randomly thought "whatever happened to 'beautiful contradictions'?". Imagine my surprise (and joy) when I discovered an update. I'm so excited to see this finally finished! I think you have enormous talent, and I really want to compliment your ability to capture human emotion. Your scenes are so riveting and original, and your characters are truly an ensemble. Stay awesome, my friend.
ravensoulsister chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Beautiful story. Please update soon :) I've been following it for almost 2 years, before I started fanfiction!
steph chapter 17 . 10/12/2010
just wanted to say this story is freakinggg amazing!

the scenes you describe are so honest and believable and i can't wait til you update :)

p.s. i notice it's been about 6 months since you last updated. COME ONNNNNNN! :D
Hoppipollamia chapter 17 . 9/27/2010
New reader! Just in time for the last chapter, how nice. I wanted to say how I love your story. It's...different, I suppose. I think I never read a story about James' parents NOT being these warm loving people who take everyone in. Your version is a bit more...human, I think. Also, the reaction of Lily's father is more reasonable than them all being like 'Oh, why yes, sure, marry him!' I also love the relationship between all the characters and of course especially between James and Lily because they change gradually and don't take such huge leaps like in other very annoying unrealistic stories. Well, I'm excited to see how you end this fanfiction. Please update soon!
My Mystery chapter 17 . 9/19/2010
I LOVE THIS STORY! I'm not just reviewing for the cookie, but also to tell you that this is amazing and perfect and I will jump and cry and scream and laugh with giddiness when you write the next chapter. I got scared when I reached the end. I didn't know what to do anymore... but I'll focus on reading everything else you've written and all of your favorite stories and all the stories by your favorite authors... BUT THEN... then your story has to be done. OR I WILL SEND MY TROOPS! And they will take your cookies.

I wish you luck...
xx.Shire.Lily.xx chapter 17 . 8/31/2010
Even though you have over a thousand reviews, I still wanted to tell you how much I absolutely love this story. It has been my all-time favorite on the site for years now, and I just stayed up all night rer-reading. Usually grammar errors bother me quite a bit, but the storyline and how you write the characters is just so addictive that when I read your work, the small mistakes don't bother me at all.

Anyways, I could go on and on about how much I love this... it's so well-written, original, and just plain fun to read. I sincerely hope that you will find time to update the last chapter soon!
HogwartsHabibi chapter 10 . 8/5/2010
I really enjoy the character development and plot of your story.

However, though you say this is set in '70s Britain I can't see any ways you manifest this in your story, besides the fact that Lily and James are not having sex. You frequently use American words such as "candy" for the British "sweets" and the phrase "Trick or Treat" which was not introduced to the UK until the 80s and is still not commonly used on Halloween. Those were just a couple of examples that came to my mind first, there are many more.

In regards to your justification of Lily and James not having sex because they come from a "polite and reserved" culture... well I'm afraid it just doesn't work like that. If you didn't want your characters having sex that's fine, but please don't try to justify it by using a vague, stereotypical cultural reference. Yes, Brits are polite and reserved - with people they don't know! That means starting any relationship - romantic or platonic - may take a little longer but once it is established politeness and reserve aren't an important component of any genuine relationship. Finally, politeness and reserve are completely different from prudishness, which is what you are writing about. It's a well known and accepted fact that Britain is a far less prudish nation than the States.
Justanothergirl chapter 17 . 7/28/2010
I have read an insane amount of fanfiction and thus story is by far my favorite. You did an amazing job of making the characters seem real and noble. The lily and James romance is wonderful because you can tell that they deeply care about each other. I normally don't like reading paragraphs and paragraphs of description but you make it interesting. I really hope that you update soon. I wasnt here when this stroy starter so i dont know how long it tales to write a chapter but i really hope you finish it soon. You are a fantastic writer. Not only is this story interesting and fun to read but your other stories are too. I really hope you update soon because I know that everyone wants to readthe next chapter. Keep writing, you are amazing. :)
1,313 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »