Reviews for beautiful contradictions
Sonny chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
I loved every bit of it!
PianoPanda chapter 18 . 6/10/2014
Oh my god that was so amazing oh god all the fluff and the happiness and wow im happy and giddy now so amazing fave fave fave love love love!
alleaf chapter 18 . 6/3/2014
Just wanted to say that I loved this. Thanks so much for writing :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
A good fanfic overall, but the ending felt a little rushed, to me anyway. Were you trying to hint about the possibility of them being invited into the Order near the end? It wasn't clear.

Where does this idea of the Head Boy and Girl having their own shared Head Tower come from? I know it's pretty general fanon by now - I've seen it in other fanfics before - but it's just so unrealistic! Hogwarts has separate dorms throughout, and the boys can't even access the girls' rooms. Why would it be different for those two? Especially as you pointed out how unaccepted premarital sex was at the time.

Also, I found the portrayal of their parents a bit off. Especially Lily's dad. I get what you were trying to portray but it felt a bit like a caricature.
tiffywiffyfluffykitty chapter 18 . 4/27/2014
I just don't know why, but after reading this, there's a sort of heaviness in my heart that I just can't identify. I guess it has to do with the fact that this was very realistic and not sugar-coated and rose-tinted like a lot of others. I guess it has to do with the fact that this is what their reality really was like and that their future would be harder and more unforgiving than what anyone should be experiencing and that uncertainty and death and fateful choices are inevitable. I guess it has to do with the fact that they're leaving Hogwarts forever and now it is the end, and yet the beginning, but a painful beginning. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I think the reality hitting me was a bit much. Wow, this is just a story, but I'm feeling so sentimental already. Anyhoo, loved it a lot :) good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
I usually don't have the heart to be a killjoy, darling, because the story is amazing...the grammar, however...

I had a question for you as well: did you mean for the title to not be capitalized, or was it intentional, with your summary statement of "correct grammar and all?"

Thanks! And i don't know if you would consider this a flame, but I really did enjoy reading your story, beginning to end! :)
Wrenegayde chapter 2 . 4/21/2014
OMG just reading this chapter and realised it is Frank and Alice LONGBOTTOM!
Guest chapter 18 . 4/18/2014
WOW. I just love it so much
Silver Flyer chapter 8 . 4/6/2014
Well, I would certainly buy a book form of this, if only to have some form of entertainment for the dreary days, but it is a good story.
Of Roses and Lilies chapter 18 . 3/22/2014
It's so good to read such a realistic version of James and lily's falling in love. You wrote the two characters (as well as others like Sirius) perfectly. If anything, though, I would have loved if the story had much much more of Remus!
Guest chapter 18 . 3/11/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. The characters seemed real and the story captured by interest. I was tempted to write a review in chapter 6, since that was the chapter that I felt really fit with the title but I wanted to wait and finish the story first. After that, there were so many places where the title "Beautiful Contradictions" really fit the story. I love all the contradictions, and all the flaws that the characters have, which is why I think their story seems so real and beautiful. Great job on writing such a beautiful interpretation of Lily and James. Originally I thought the ending fell flat, but after thinking about it, it was perfect because it had so much hope for the future and it was nice.
Leara Bribage chapter 18 . 3/1/2014
BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTT!

POIGNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTT!

MAGNIFICENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

GOSH, THANK YOU FOR THIS FIC! :D

At first, I kinda hated it because of the first Jily interaction in the first chappie, but then I realized that whooooaaaa, it had to happen. So when it came to the sixth and the subsequent chappies, I was already a puddle of feels.

You are very cool. Thank you for this fic. :)
taylaymartinay chapter 10 . 2/27/2014
I believe that Lily and James died at the age of twenty-one so I'm not sure how they go through three years of author training, get married, have a baby, and after a year are murdered
taylaymartinay chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
This would be amazing in book form! Just reading it gives me that happy new couple feeling that I remember :)
221B Bakery Street chapter 1 . 2/5/2014