Reviews for beautiful contradictions
tiffywiffyfluffykitty chapter 18 . 4/27/2014
I just don't know why, but after reading this, there's a sort of heaviness in my heart that I just can't identify. I guess it has to do with the fact that this was very realistic and not sugar-coated and rose-tinted like a lot of others. I guess it has to do with the fact that this is what their reality really was like and that their future would be harder and more unforgiving than what anyone should be experiencing and that uncertainty and death and fateful choices are inevitable. I guess it has to do with the fact that they're leaving Hogwarts forever and now it is the end, and yet the beginning, but a painful beginning. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I think the reality hitting me was a bit much. Wow, this is just a story, but I'm feeling so sentimental already. Anyhoo, loved it a lot :) good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
I usually don't have the heart to be a killjoy, darling, because the story is amazing...the grammar, however...

I had a question for you as well: did you mean for the title to not be capitalized, or was it intentional, with your summary statement of "correct grammar and all?"

Thanks! And i don't know if you would consider this a flame, but I really did enjoy reading your story, beginning to end! :)
Wrenegayde chapter 2 . 4/21/2014
OMG just reading this chapter and realised it is Frank and Alice LONGBOTTOM!
Guest chapter 18 . 4/18/2014
WOW. I just love it so much
Silver Flyer chapter 8 . 4/6/2014
Well, I would certainly buy a book form of this, if only to have some form of entertainment for the dreary days, but it is a good story.
Of Roses and Lilies chapter 18 . 3/22/2014
It's so good to read such a realistic version of James and lily's falling in love. You wrote the two characters (as well as others like Sirius) perfectly. If anything, though, I would have loved if the story had much much more of Remus!
Guest chapter 18 . 3/11/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. The characters seemed real and the story captured by interest. I was tempted to write a review in chapter 6, since that was the chapter that I felt really fit with the title but I wanted to wait and finish the story first. After that, there were so many places where the title "Beautiful Contradictions" really fit the story. I love all the contradictions, and all the flaws that the characters have, which is why I think their story seems so real and beautiful. Great job on writing such a beautiful interpretation of Lily and James. Originally I thought the ending fell flat, but after thinking about it, it was perfect because it had so much hope for the future and it was nice.
Leara Bribage chapter 18 . 3/1/2014
BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTT!

POIGNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTT!

MAGNIFICENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

GOSH, THANK YOU FOR THIS FIC! :D

At first, I kinda hated it because of the first Jily interaction in the first chappie, but then I realized that whooooaaaa, it had to happen. So when it came to the sixth and the subsequent chappies, I was already a puddle of feels.

You are very cool. Thank you for this fic. :)
taylaymartinay chapter 10 . 2/27/2014
I believe that Lily and James died at the age of twenty-one so I'm not sure how they go through three years of author training, get married, have a baby, and after a year are murdered
taylaymartinay chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
This would be amazing in book form! Just reading it gives me that happy new couple feeling that I remember :)
221B Bakery Street chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
It's "Gideon Prewett".
XD
soxylady27 chapter 3 . 1/11/2014
I really loved this chapter. So many times in Jily ficus Lily can't seem to look beyond her own nose to see that James has changed. I meZn, what person stays exactly the same as they were at the age 11? Sirius May have been a little harsh but James is his brother, he and his family took him in after his family kicked him out and never judged, I can understand him being hostile towards Lily when she continues to judge and belittle James and who he is and then just showing up at his house.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/20/2013
Your story is the best thing that I have read on fanfiction, other than emblah01's story about PJO in Goode high school (if you like percy Jackson you should read it!) and that is my favourite story, and I have read it 34 times. Yes. I counted. Seriously though, I need to check out your other stuff, cos I love Harry potter, and books and fanfiction are my life. Seriously. And now I'm babbling. I don't even know what I'm writing, just that I thought your story was one of the cleverest stories I have read so far. I love the way it matches up! I just love it. It's brilliant! Ok, I need to put a full stop soon and sign off. But I love your story. One of the best I have ever read! Shutting up.
Alice
Stephanie chapter 18 . 11/17/2013
Quite good, although I don't really see why you called it "Romance/Humor" because it wasn't exactly funny...
Thanks for getting the personalities of James and Lily just about perfect and not making it overly dramatic or overly romantic.
Only thing is, I didn't really like the personalities of their parents. It's radically different from most of the other fanfics I've read, and I think I would have liked them better if they had been nicer.
But overall, thanks for writing this fantastic story! :)
spellsoffire chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
End to the chapter was heartfelt. Beautiful.
1,316 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »