Reviews for beautiful contradictions
Everlasting123 chapter 18 . 8/17/2014
it was an amazing story... Although James parents ,I think, would have been more welcoming and warm.
isundin chapter 12 . 8/16/2014
I thought, as I'm reading this now and not when you wrote it, it wouldn't really matter if I reviewed or not (although I really like cookies). Anywayyyyy I just wanted to say I really loved this chapter, and the story. And while I am at it, I really like your Sirus. Even though he is kind of dark (you would even call him black... hehe). Okey so that's it I think. Thanks.
Qwerty616120 chapter 18 . 7/22/2014
Great job with this story :)
Guest chapter 17 . 7/22/2014
NO. THAT WORMTAIL "WONDER WHAT HE'S GOTTEN INTO NOW" SCENE WAS. NOT. OKAY. I've been able to push Lily and James' death from my mind this whole story, up until that point. NOW I FEEL LIKE CRYING. THANKS A LOT, DG.
Sonny chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
I loved every bit of it!
PianoPanda chapter 18 . 6/10/2014
Oh my god that was so amazing oh god all the fluff and the happiness and wow im happy and giddy now so amazing fave fave fave love love love!
alleaf chapter 18 . 6/3/2014
Just wanted to say that I loved this. Thanks so much for writing :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
A good fanfic overall, but the ending felt a little rushed, to me anyway. Were you trying to hint about the possibility of them being invited into the Order near the end? It wasn't clear.

Where does this idea of the Head Boy and Girl having their own shared Head Tower come from? I know it's pretty general fanon by now - I've seen it in other fanfics before - but it's just so unrealistic! Hogwarts has separate dorms throughout, and the boys can't even access the girls' rooms. Why would it be different for those two? Especially as you pointed out how unaccepted premarital sex was at the time.

Also, I found the portrayal of their parents a bit off. Especially Lily's dad. I get what you were trying to portray but it felt a bit like a caricature.
tiffywiffyfluffykitty chapter 18 . 4/27/2014
I just don't know why, but after reading this, there's a sort of heaviness in my heart that I just can't identify. I guess it has to do with the fact that this was very realistic and not sugar-coated and rose-tinted like a lot of others. I guess it has to do with the fact that this is what their reality really was like and that their future would be harder and more unforgiving than what anyone should be experiencing and that uncertainty and death and fateful choices are inevitable. I guess it has to do with the fact that they're leaving Hogwarts forever and now it is the end, and yet the beginning, but a painful beginning. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I think the reality hitting me was a bit much. Wow, this is just a story, but I'm feeling so sentimental already. Anyhoo, loved it a lot :) good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
I usually don't have the heart to be a killjoy, darling, because the story is amazing...the grammar, however...

I had a question for you as well: did you mean for the title to not be capitalized, or was it intentional, with your summary statement of "correct grammar and all?"

Thanks! And i don't know if you would consider this a flame, but I really did enjoy reading your story, beginning to end! :)
Wrenegayde chapter 2 . 4/21/2014
OMG just reading this chapter and realised it is Frank and Alice LONGBOTTOM!
Guest chapter 18 . 4/18/2014
WOW. I just love it so much
Silver Flyer chapter 8 . 4/6/2014
Well, I would certainly buy a book form of this, if only to have some form of entertainment for the dreary days, but it is a good story.
Of Roses and Lilies chapter 18 . 3/22/2014
It's so good to read such a realistic version of James and lily's falling in love. You wrote the two characters (as well as others like Sirius) perfectly. If anything, though, I would have loved if the story had much much more of Remus!
Guest chapter 18 . 3/11/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. The characters seemed real and the story captured by interest. I was tempted to write a review in chapter 6, since that was the chapter that I felt really fit with the title but I wanted to wait and finish the story first. After that, there were so many places where the title "Beautiful Contradictions" really fit the story. I love all the contradictions, and all the flaws that the characters have, which is why I think their story seems so real and beautiful. Great job on writing such a beautiful interpretation of Lily and James. Originally I thought the ending fell flat, but after thinking about it, it was perfect because it had so much hope for the future and it was nice.
1,339 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »