Reviews for beautiful contradictions
ChloeSC chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
What a terrific story. Its very realistic and fun to read. The character development is wonderful. I can't wait for another update
patrioticangel chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
you have a beautiful writing style and I love the plot so far... update soon!
Captain Oblivious chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
Did I mention that I love how you've written this? It's very. . . realistic, I think, is the word for it. Like this is the way it would've happened with real people.

*glomps Sirius again*

Update soon!
The Blind Guardian chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
oh...a lovely chapter! i really love the way you write, its wonderful...and the way you describe Lily and James is great. it is really hard to find a good fanfic about them on the net and yours is marvelous.

you are doing a great job, thank you for a lovely piece.
walkingcensure chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
I can't believe how incredibly wonderful this fic is! And what do you mean not up to par? Come on! It's great!

I know of a lot of fics that are kinda good but have these bits in them that are just so boring that sometimes you just go ahead and skip them, but this fic is juicy from beginning to end. I LOVE it.

I can't believe you only have around 60 reviews. That's just ridiculous. I'm gonna have to go advertise your fic to all my ff-reading friends now. :-)
Alana18 chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
I was hoping that I’d see some Lily/Sirius interaction (Grins. You updated but there’s just no pleasing me). On the bright side Lily forced James into revealing the Marauders secret. Given Sirius’ look of death I’d say another confrontation between Padfoot and Evans is now inevitable and probably worse than chapter three. What will she do if James isn’t there I wonder? I can’t see her allowing Sirius to bully her and I don’t think he’d hurt her but… my how tempers will run high…

I really liked the fact that Lily felt she could touch James as a stag. It seems that things are simpler for her, too, when James is in animal form. And I loved his reaction to it.

The separate Head dorm was a bit off though. While it forces them together it also alienates them from the rest of the world.

Lily is still excessively angry when James is around. I know she has issues with James’ easy track in life but when will she soften a little? Or perhaps those excellent bits with the animagus James and his entertaining books were the first steps for her. I love those books. Coughs *put them in again please* coughs

friends-16uk chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
There's only one thing i can say about that chapter- perfect
clyana chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
hey, i really love your story. and unlike others who just say that to please authors, i really do mean it. it's so realistic, i like your use of expressions and description. lily and james are... just like i imagined. just themselves ( i loved lily aparrating into james' arms ). god your chapters are so long. i'm not sure that's a good thing for it keeps me up real late but what the hell it's vacation. well, all i can say is that you truly have talent and even if you don't make it your living, i hope you'll continue writing. in any case, keep updating.
Tav chapter 2 . 7/9/2004
I think this is one of the best stories ever on fanfic. the characters are really true to the book, just how i imagined them.
Princess Persephone chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
I knew Lily would figure them out. I think she really did, too, in the real story. You're a brilliant writer. Great job!
WallyTheWhale chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
This is the first good Lily James fic I have encountered...the majority of them are ridicolously drawn out in the hatred...sparring over 30 chapters and it becomes very redundant. In your fic, however you can see them slowly coming together, but keep distance at the same time. I really like how James' character is developing in this story. Good job so far and please keep the updates coming!
Alana18 chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
Tihis is'nt badgering it's.. a nudge ( and you did say to remind you after a week ).

I know your busy but PLEASE can we have the next chapter. ;)

walkingcensure chapter 3 . 7/4/2004

That was-no! I don't have the words for it. Think!-ah! That was massively satisfying. Incredibly charming despite all the seriousness-and it was LOADED with seriousness.

That little-or not so little-outburst from Sirius was GREAT. And I found James's speech incredibly funny, even though it's not supposed to be. But when I was reading that, I could almost see James lying down on his bed, holding his Head Boy letter and badge, reciting the speech out loud, making sure that he had it down pat so Lily wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it.

James saying "I'm sorry" though was so overwhelmingly...SERIOUS that it made me sad. But that's okay. Me getting sad over a fic is a compliment.

To sum it all up, I absolutely LOVED that chapter and this is probably the longest review I've given in months. But I don't think you'd mind. Normally authors live for the long reviews. ) I know I do. It always makes me smile.

Anyway... this might be getting TOO long. So I'll just end it here by saying UPDATE SOON and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
walkingcensure chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
Very good start. The part where Sirius, Remus, and Peter bet was highly amusing. And James is very a slightly unorthodox kinda way, but still sweet.

Oh and I noticed you spelled Gideon's surname Prewitt...I dunno... that may be a typo or something, but I do believe it's spelled with an 'e' Prewett.

Oh and I love the way you write! You just found a space in my favorite authors list. )
CarissaLynn chapter 3 . 6/23/2004
I read this the other day, and thought it was good. I kept thinking about the part where James apologizes for being Head Boy...that was a nice touch, very realistic! I'm sure he is feeling a bit guilty for that. I do however, think you've characterized Lily a bit mean. I don't think James would actually like her if she treated him like that...but it's still a cute story.
1,325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 .. Last Next »