Reviews for beautiful contradictions
Alana18 chapter 3 . 6/19/2004
Lily and James fic’s usually seem melodramatic to me within two paragraphs of the opening.

This is one of the few I have ever bothered to read beyond the opening chapter.

It’s so refreshing to see Lily and James actually arguing. Not ranting and raving, or saying I hate you or playing pranks on each other, etc, etc *yawns and rolls eyes*.

It’s looking pretty good so far but I’ve one tiny quibble. James didn’t seem surprised enough when Lily fell out of the air. Even James, a super calm wizard used to bangs and the unexpected, should have showed more shock when the love of his life fell out of nothing beside him. He didn’t ask her why she was there or anything. He barely even mentioned it (trying not to scare her off maybe?). Somehow the conversation seemed wrong in that bit because of the lack of shock related obvious questions. Like it was missing a chunk or something.

On a really positive note though, I LOVED Sirius, especially in that last chapter. In all of the L&J fics I’ve read Sirius is supportive of James even if he doesn’t like Lily. Or if he’s not he’s just grouchy till he accepts her. You seem much more in tune with the rash, dangerous (JK’s description) side of the Maurauder. I can see Sirius and Lily having friction (even up to the Potters death). I can certainly see Sirius being jealous and angry because of Lily’s position and effect on his pesudo brother in the beginning. He’d definitely confront her about it. It’s not his way to hide.

Mu hahahahahahaha I can’t wait to see what happens if James finds out he made her cry. That’s just some pleasant scenario imaginings on my part though. I’m looking forward to seeing what you actually do.

Update soon :)

Alana18
LavenderSoapSmellsGood chapter 2 . 6/19/2004
hehehehe... great chp. I can't believe they had a fight over Lily! I mean really... lol. thakn god she felt nothing in the kiss... Gideon is not right for her... nope. nope nope. I hope they break up, soon! lol update soon!
LavenderSoapSmellsGood chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
whoa i woulda been FURIOUS if someone had told me that they were going on a date w/ me b/c they lost a bet... aw James is being protective... lol and Lily's friends should jsut tell her the truth, not suck up to her... I like Alice. She seems like the actual person who would tell Lily anything. update soon!
Captain Oblivious chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
Aw! *sniffle* This story is almost unbearably /sweet/! I commend you on having written such a wonderful beginning to what looks like a very promising story!

With that said, *glomps Sirius* and update soon!
ShikaNushi chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
Hey Love ur story, just one thing though lilys wand is "Ten and a quater inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work"

heh heh too much HP...((theres never too much! muahaha))

well bye, keep writing
Cherry chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
And again another great chapter! This chapter was so cute. Finally Lily starts to see James' other side. But what Sirius said was just so... mean ,but it was kinda true. And I'm also happy that she broke up with Gideon. And dont worry if you only update in 2 weeks. Some authors only update like once every 2 months so ya. And I dunno why but at first when I just read the summary, I really thought that this story was going to be like the other L/J stories. You know, those like James loves Lily, and she hates him. But yours is different somehow. And I just love it! Hope you update soon!
Cherry chapter 2 . 6/18/2004
Hey it's me again! And wow another good chapter. And I would never have thought that Sirius would prank Snape to make James happier... I really never thought that could be a possibility! Well I'm really happy of this chapter, its really good. I dunno why but I dont really like Gideon. Its not only because he stands in between Lily and James but its because... well he's really annoying. And when he asks her if he could kiss, I was like... -_-;... what kind of person does that? I bet anything hes only doing that to make James jealous... or has a bet with some of his friends.
Cherry chapter 1 . 6/18/2004
Wah! I just loved your first chapter! Its so well written. But James comment... ouch... that hurts when someone would say that. Well I'm probably gonna review the other chapters too... so you'll have 3 reviews from me ;. And really? You liked the 3rd movie? Me I thought it was a bit disapointing... well we have different opinion ,!
RodgerDoger chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
I love this story so much and love the way you write and how everyone acts. I just really enjoy the way the story is going so far and I think I will like how it will end up! Please, please, please UPDATE SON!
Cherchie chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
Beautiful. Well, beautiful in the least sense but beautiful nonetheless. Thank you for this brief story I have just read moments ago. And continue with your story-writing, whichever that is.
Inkstained 21 chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
brilliant! It really does seem realistic! Can't wait for the next chapter!
PVBookworm chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
I really like this story! You are a realy good writer! I love the way you desceibe Lily's feelings about James and how he cheapens things, as she puts it. I think that's how it happened and you have it right. I don't like Sirijs being quite so mean, but I can see where's he's coming from and I think he's right in his accusations. Please update soon!
Ashleigh chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
Great story. It's very very very refreshing to read a story on here that doesn't add in new characters or change how the characters would act. Plus, you can spell! Great job and I hope that you can update as soon as you have time!
Sarah Warder chapter 2 . 6/16/2004
oh! oh! I WANNA COOKIE! heehee! This is pretty good! I likey! I have you on author alert! YAY! Please hurry up and update before I have to hurt you! Thanks! With love-
StormAngel13 chapter 2 . 6/13/2004
hey wow that was really good please keep writting (please read my story Siles to hide the Fears) it's L/J too, btu only if you have time because i'd rather you kept writting yours ;)
1,297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 75 82 83 84 85 86 .. Last Next »