Reviews for beautiful contradictions
friends-16uk chapter 4 . 7/10/2004
There's only one thing i can say about that chapter- perfect
clyana chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
hey, i really love your story. and unlike others who just say that to please authors, i really do mean it. it's so realistic, i like your use of expressions and description. lily and james are... just like i imagined. just themselves ( i loved lily aparrating into james' arms ). god your chapters are so long. i'm not sure that's a good thing for it keeps me up real late but what the hell it's vacation. well, all i can say is that you truly have talent and even if you don't make it your living, i hope you'll continue writing. in any case, keep updating.
Tav chapter 2 . 7/9/2004
I think this is one of the best stories ever on fanfic. the characters are really true to the book, just how i imagined them.
Princess Persephone chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
I knew Lily would figure them out. I think she really did, too, in the real story. You're a brilliant writer. Great job!
WallyTheWhale chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
This is the first good Lily James fic I have encountered...the majority of them are ridicolously drawn out in the hatred...sparring over 30 chapters and it becomes very redundant. In your fic, however you can see them slowly coming together, but keep distance at the same time. I really like how James' character is developing in this story. Good job so far and please keep the updates coming!
Alana18 chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
Tihis is'nt badgering it's.. a nudge ( and you did say to remind you after a week ).

I know your busy but PLEASE can we have the next chapter. ;)

Alana18
walkingcensure chapter 3 . 7/4/2004
::squeak::

That was-no! I don't have the words for it. Think!-ah! That was massively satisfying. Incredibly charming despite all the seriousness-and it was LOADED with seriousness.

That little-or not so little-outburst from Sirius was GREAT. And I found James's speech incredibly funny, even though it's not supposed to be. But when I was reading that, I could almost see James lying down on his bed, holding his Head Boy letter and badge, reciting the speech out loud, making sure that he had it down pat so Lily wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it.

James saying "I'm sorry" though was so overwhelmingly...SERIOUS that it made me sad. But that's okay. Me getting sad over a fic is a compliment.

To sum it all up, I absolutely LOVED that chapter and this is probably the longest review I've given in months. But I don't think you'd mind. Normally authors live for the long reviews. ) I know I do. It always makes me smile.

Anyway... this might be getting TOO long. So I'll just end it here by saying UPDATE SOON and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
walkingcensure chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
Very good start. The part where Sirius, Remus, and Peter bet was highly amusing. And James is very sweet...in a slightly unorthodox kinda way, but still sweet.

Oh and I noticed you spelled Gideon's surname Prewitt...I dunno... that may be a typo or something, but I do believe it's spelled with an 'e' Prewett.

Oh and I love the way you write! You just found a space in my favorite authors list. )
CarissaLynn chapter 3 . 6/23/2004
I read this the other day, and thought it was good. I kept thinking about the part where James apologizes for being Head Boy...that was a nice touch, very realistic! I'm sure he is feeling a bit guilty for that. I do however, think you've characterized Lily a bit mean. I don't think James would actually like her if she treated him like that...but it's still a cute story.
loonyloonylupin chapter 3 . 6/22/2004
I am so very picky about james and Lily stories but yours is one of THE BEST I have EVER read...wonderful...absolutly wonderful can't wait to see and hear more from you!
Nymbis chapter 3 . 6/21/2004
i normally dont read J/L fics, for the simple fact that i dont like James, but when i read your summary, i couldnt resist taking a look and i'm glad i did!

this is a great story! you have them all pegged perfectly, especially Sirius. i like this story a lot and hope you update :)

!nym!
windswept-stars chapter 3 . 6/21/2004
wow! a really good story, just like you promised in the summary...I have not critism, except for the fact that I think you would get more readers if you correctly capitalized your title and summary...it would seem more porfessional.
Pip the MiT Squeak chapter 3 . 6/20/2004
CONTINUE!

really good!

I can't wait for the next chapter!
The Blind Guardian chapter 3 . 6/20/2004
oh! this is indeed a great story...it is really hard to find a good story these days...

i really liked it.
water-sprite87 chapter 3 . 6/20/2004
Wow...that's a really great story so far! Keep up the really great work! Later, Water_sprite87
1,319 | « Prev Page 1 .. 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 .. Last Next »