Reviews for In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night
heiberry chapter 15 . 3/20/2019
Very touching story. I think the way you ended it was really lovely. The scene where Cindy talks about her trust for Jimmy was very well-written and poignant; it really gives a lot more depth to their relationship.
heiberry chapter 8 . 3/19/2019
Glad that you incorporated Calamitous into this story. He’s a fun character, and also one of the more amicably evil villains of the show. The conversation with Hugh was a nice addition (he is such a strange person) and I like how the incompetent news broadcast has become a bit of a running gag.
Xenohunter217 chapter 15 . 6/30/2017
This was one of the best and most saddening fanfics I have ever read. You did a really good job at writing it.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/11/2017
What a good story.. can't help but cry :'(
quietthinker chapter 15 . 4/15/2012
This was the most beautiful ending to a JN fic I have ever read. I felt tears welling up while reading Cindy's conversation and how much she trusted Jimmy. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.
quietthinker chapter 14 . 4/15/2012
"Because if – when – we meet again, I want whatever you may feel to be because of who I really am, and not just because of who I may have been."

I really love this line because it shows that Jimmy hopes that he and Cindy can be more than friends, even though he'll never admit it. This story is easily the best one that I've read so far, and it saddens me that one day I'll be done reading your books. I hope you come back to this site one day and write another JN story. It's been an honor and a privilege reading your works so far.
quietthinker chapter 13 . 4/15/2012
I really thought the army was going to assemble yet another squadron of fighter jets. You're very unpredictable, and I like that. I have no idea how you come up with these scientific plot twists, like the MRI machine saving Ernest's life. I always thought I was smart...I'm just sad now.
quietthinker chapter 9 . 4/15/2012
Enjoying the friendship between Ernest and Jimmy. You're doing a great job of incorporating an original character.
quietthinker chapter 8 . 4/15/2012
I really liked Hugh's breaking down and how angry newscasters is a recurring theme in your stories.
HermioneCrookshanks919 chapter 15 . 2/10/2008
That was possibly one of your most beautiful fics I've read so far. It was just so well done, and the J/C moments, as you said, were terribly poignant, and I loved them. I almost teared up at the end when Cindy realized that it had been Jimmy.

By the way, I loved the Casablanca reference. Another one of my favorites. Your allusions always help make the fic feel like a real episode, because that's exactly the sort of thing they'd do on the show.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on another amazing story.
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 15 . 12/29/2007
I happen t be a smallville nerd, so i do have a bit of a thing for the whole superhero thing, so props on that alone. A great version of course. I alway love your stuff, so...you know, the same old, same old. anyway,read the whole thing hardcopy one night, but i had no access to the now. love.
iloveslinky chapter 15 . 7/25/2007
Loved the Casablanca reference. Keep it up. :D
Fictional Hobo chapter 15 . 1/13/2006
What being a hero can mean: The power to make a difference, The responsibility to do so, The adoration of thousands, and no one ever knowing who you are, those where very wise words GaDS200, you wrote this story very well, the ending was great, even if I am a J/C fan you get bored after a while with the fluffy J/C endings, so the ending fit perfectly in this story_, great job.
acosta prez jos ramiro chapter 15 . 9/7/2005
EXCELLENT STORY! Great use of superheroes' references, from the obvious Green Lantern to Batman, Superman and Spidey. Terrific dialogues, and very descriptive action scenes.

The epilogue is just great. Cindy actually showed Jimmy a little of her feelings for him, but he might be confused as well because of the kiss (the whole "he loves Dyno Lad, not me" stuff).

Your Ernest character is a good one. It would be really hard to use any other kid from the show; I can't imagine Nick or Butch doing this kind of stuff.

Keep the good writing.
The Halfa Wannabe chapter 4 . 6/15/2005
For reference that is not the green lantern oath. Most green lanterns have different oaths. However, I do have to agree with you. When I read the title and the description I though this was going to be a crossover.