Reviews for Our Retired Explorer
Jisbon8D chapter 24 . 12/21/2008
A great story!

i enjoyed it alot
query4 chapter 24 . 9/23/2008
The end! Over four years in the making, but you stuck with it. Great job.
DezoPenguin chapter 8 . 9/1/2008
Congratulations on finishing! Incidentally, is Tom the same Tom as from the X-Files episode "Squeeze" or was that just a coincidence?
Baku babe chapter 24 . 8/30/2008
Hahahahah *grin* defenitely nice ending! "She shrugged to herself. Oh well, you win some, you lose some." that was REALLY good! I gotta admit that this fanfic was awesome and the only setbacks for me were the short ending and lack of H/L this chapter...I was really looking forward to some...oh well, a job well done!
Baku-babe chapter 23 . 8/12/2008
Oh, one more thing; Lestrade'd knickers are purple - outrageous! JK *grin*
Baku babe chapter 23 . 8/12/2008
Aw thank you so much! You're too kind, honest! This chapter was lovely just like the rest and very...inspiring *grin* I can't wait for the epilogue, and more fluff!
query4 chapter 23 . 8/8/2008
I love it, Deirdre is so smug, Lestrade is so naughty, and Holmes is, well, Holmes. I love it.
Baku babe chapter 22 . 7/16/2008
So she guessed it's Deirdre eh? Seems Lestrade is catching up to Holmes in his deducting skills, way to go Beth! I loved the fluff it was so sweet, yay! More fluff! BTW, two things: one, did Watson mean by Lestrade's vitals showing she didn't get enough sleep cause of some 'activity' she's been doing at night? *grin* and secondly, I didn't get the part about the joke; you know, when Lestrade said "WhatEVER I say?" didn't quite get it...

And last of all, I absolutely LOVE your fanfic, it's always a pleasure reading a new chapter.
DezoPenguin chapter 3 . 6/25/2008 far so good. I can't help but think that Lestrade's lost luggage is going to end up being significant somehow. Your "voice" for the female characters is spot-on even to cadence and dialect, Holmes a bit less so (but then again, it's hard to judge that when he's had about three lines and none of them in connection with investigating crime...we'll have to see). Not sure if Lestrade would really offer to pick up French undies for Diedre (she's usually giving the Irregulars the "it's too dangerous, stay out of it kids" line suggesting she sees them as juveniles instead of near-adults) but it's funny enough to let pass! Watson confusing the waiter by not eating was also cute. And I have to agree that Akiko would get along with the Inspector (insert snicker at recognizing that walk-on).

The only downsides are that in the first two chapters there are a few places where the words runtogetherlikethis, and that thus far there hasn't been more than a hint or two of the underlying plot, whatever it may turn out to be. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to continuing with further chapters.
query4 chapter 21 . 5/24/2008
Yes! Thank you, I'm so glad you updated.

I love watching the irregulars at work, and it's nice to meet new people they're acquainted with.
query4 chapter 20 . 4/3/2008
Thank you. That's all I need to say.
Baku babe chapter 20 . 3/30/2008
Hahahahahahahaha I LOVE YOU! Thank you so much, it was such a CUTE and AMAZING and WONDERFUL and I think if I'll continue I'll run out of praise words so I just wanna say I LOVED the fluff and especially the ending - 'suggestions', eh? *huge grin*
query4 chapter 19 . 3/6/2008
*squeal* I love it, I'm so happy you updated again.

It took me a few minutes to remember who Morrison was, and about the house, but it eventually clicked. I like the interaction between these two characters, they play off each other well.
query4 chapter 18 . 3/3/2008
Sque!You updated, that's fantastic! I've missed this story, it's got all the Holmes/Lestrade fluff I long for.

Oh, yeah, the plot's good too. Very entertaining. Our poor trio must be getting jet-lag.

I loved the H/L moments, and Watson's side comments were perfect. 'Stamina' indeed, Holmes walked into that one.

It might be easier to read Tennyson's comments if they were marked somehow. Maybe inside parentheses?

Excellent chapter, keep up the good work.
Baku babe chapter 18 . 3/3/2008
ROFL I LOVE this fanfic! IT's just so funny! LOL And this chapter was one of the fluffiest and cutest, gosh how I love fluff...
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »