Reviews for This Logical Chaos
Huntington's chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
If you're looking for an example of extreme OCD, try the short story "N" by Stephen King. It nearly made me OCD. I spent a week there telling myself not to count the towels as I folded them, or the silverware as I washed it. I'm assuming Percy's case, as well as yours revolve mainly around hand washing.
MaryAliceBrandonWhitlockCullen chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
God Bless You!

I have had OCD for a long time and I hate fanfictions that are written by those who do not suffer from the disease personally. So it is a relief to see some light being shined on it's true nature. It's true it feels like you are going to die, break down, stop breathing, I remember laying on the floor screaming trying to make it stop. I even resorted to cutting for a bit.

Best of luck with your journey!

Alice
FreezingPenguins chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I just favourite one of your stories without reviewing so I'll do it here: Yeah I'd always sort of linked Percy to OCD but this is the first time I've really felt the-argh I don't know-OCDness? of it. Maybe it's the experience :P But I'm no judge since the only person I know with OCD is an aunt.
ebec11 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I wrote a OCD fic for Hermione, now it makes me want to try a Percy OCD fic :) Good job, I think you were very realistic.
laurajane81 chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
This is brilliant. I am sixteen, and I have suffered from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Tourette Syndrome since I was four. This story really captured the torment people with the disorder go through, and the isolation felt. I also think that you captured the utter chaos that goes on in an OCD person's head- the confusion, the worry, and the anger. Thank you for writing this story, as I think the term OCD is overly used and ridiculed, and used to lightly. Everyone is slightly obsessive to an extent, but that doesn't mean they suffer from the disorder. I think this story shone some light on the situation, and hopefully people now realise what it is really like to live with the disorder. Well done.
henryabermottsux chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
This was really good. I never actually thought of Percy as having OCD, but it makes a lot of sense. :P I've had OCD since I was eight, too, and I thought it was a really accurate description of it.
ButterfliesToDust chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Interesting. I've never really been a big Percy fan but this was interesting. I wonder if I have OCD (a bit, anyways). It feels like it sometimes and it was nice to read it in a fanfic. Good job.
hyacinth chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
Oh my gosh, this is so good. I have OCD, and although mine is a little different from how it's described here, I still see eerie reflections of myself in this piece. We need more stories like this, discussing serious issues.

Percy feels that bad things are going to happen if he doesn't follow his compulsion. In my case I just feel like I can't stop doing things, like I _have_ to. Like I have no control. But this describes really well what some people go through. Kudos.

Incidentally, I think Percy does have some kind of mental health issue. Maybe not OCD, but extreme perfectionism, and anxiety. But really I think his biggest problem is that he's just a coward.

Keep writing!
Abbie chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
I like it. I, too, have OCD. Not as bad. You got it pretty good in the description.
Julia chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
god. i tried to tell my friends about my ocd today. i couldn't explain it without it seeming stupid, pitiful and weak. i think i've finally found something that might help them understand the pain i'm going through.

your story.

thankyou.
Annie chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Thank the lord that I only have a moderate case. But really, have you ever had the 'dirty hands' feeling? It's horrible. It doesn't go away until you wash your hands. And then, there's somthing else that is imossiable to explain. I'll just say 'evenness'. It's freaky. I also have Tourette Syndrome. I think that my subconscious likes to torture me.
Nicky the Destroyer chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
Don't worry ... I impose horrible situations on helpless fanfiction characters too. It was interesting to see Percy in other than the antagaonist role. God, poor kid. I felt it; it was very good. I especially liked the part about wondering if God exists ... and there we go, yet another monster review from Nicky. Oh, well.
Corrie chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
Wow, this is really good. It felt really true, if you know what I mean. I never thought about Percy having OCD, but it actually makes a lot of sense.
MiriahoftheWind chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I have a moderate case OCD too yet I never had an issue with lights. Mine was always food. Wizards would proabaly know it by it's muggle name because it says exactly what it is: an Obsessive Cumplussive Disorder. Anyway, yeah, in reality I can really see Percy with OCD. I mean look at his life! Awesome story. I would definatly recommend it.
Backroads chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
*shivers* That was incredible! I've never even thought of applying OCD to Percy-but it works well for this fic. Your writing is perfect, so utterly random.