Reviews for Court Martial
Kateri1 chapter 32 . 6/14
OH MY GOD! This was hands down the best Batman(Nightwing) fic I have read yet. Now granted I have only been reading them for a month and a half (a very horrible month and a half where my other poor fandoms have been abandonded and dear lord I have to get back to writing) but having jumped all over I can definetly say this one blew me away. In fact this goes into my list of "Best Fanfics" period.
Everything about this hit the right points, the good, the bad, and the ugly. The different charicterizations, reactions, and loyalties between the characters, not to mention the story was fantastic.
How fantastic? I couldn't stop reading last night and continued on ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT until I finished the last chapter shortly before 7:00am. Yes, I could not stop reading so read all night to finish and then fell into bed for a few hours disapointed that it was over but dear lord the FEELS.

So yeah, good job.
Alexandria-likethecityinEgypt chapter 32 . 5/28
This was written a long time ago, so I doubt that I'll get that one more chapter as an epilogue. This story was intense and kept me riveted throughout. It was, in short, amazing . . . My one and only complaint was people even speaking to John Stewart after that. I honestly had a problem with this Green Lantern in the Justice League and JL unlimited. He is the least favorite of just about any Lantern because of his self-righteous, tunnel-vision, his is the only opinion that matters. You seemed to carry that essence through very well and the truest sentence in here was when confronted by Captain Marvel about his contemptible actions throughout the trial and he said: "I'm prosecu . . ." and Cap interrupted him to say: "No, you're persecuting". He did not even have respect for the expert opinion of his fellow Leaguer, Dr. Midnight, nor for Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth. Nightwing's testimony under the Lasso should have convinced him of Nightwing's innocence. Personally, I think his actions in shooting Nightwing in the back was repugnant and proof that he could not be impartial. He should have been removed from his position on prosecuting council and barred from any further courtroom proceedings.

That he believes that no person could ever be goaded beyond endurance just because he personally had never reached that stage is despicable. Even the law allows for extenuating circumstances and it is intent and the act of planning and lying in wait for the victim that makes it first degree murder - If anything, Nightwing should have only been charged with conspiring and aiding and abetting to commit.

My only complaint in the whole story was that no one busted that man's chops afterwards and that Batman's leaving of the League wasn't as dramatically shone as Flash's. I would have loved to see Green Arrow, Black Canary, and a few of the others that realized that the court had become nothing but a farce in its attempts to railroad Nightwing, to have thrown in their own membership at the end and walk out. The actions and opinions of the vast majority of the League seemed to me hypocritical, and seemed more sympathetic to a mass murdering criminal than to one of their own that had been victimized and taunted and goaded far beyond anyone's capability to endure. And with the exception of Green Arrow, Nightwing wasn't being judged by his peers, because all other members of the Tribunal were meta-humans and thus couldn't understand well enough what Nightwing as a normal human crime-fighter goes through. And for John Stewart, a former Marine, to be so blasé and indifferent to the suffering of PTSD is insulting not only to Nightwing, but to all former veterans who currently suffer from the illness. And don't get me started on the rape . . .

I didn't think my opinion of John Stewart could have dropped any lower, but you managed to do it. I know this is only fan fiction, but this story ran true of his character in my own opinion. Batman should have ended this by removing the man's ring and kicking his ass.
Marie Truesight chapter 32 . 4/25
LEMME AT HIM! EVERY NIGHTWING FAN AND ALLY OFFICIALLY HAS THE RIGHT TO HURT JOHN STUPID WHERE IT MATTERS!
Marie Truesight chapter 32 . 4/20
may I please note that the story aint marked complete. tell me there'd gonna be a sequel.
Lilonda chapter 32 . 3/21
Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this. This was just beyond amazing. This story had me reeling, at one point, for a couple chapters I had my hand on my head and I just couldn't move it. It was that intense. I don't even know what else to say about this. Just that it's so crazy how into this story I was. I read it all in one shot, stayed up till 4:30 in the morning just to finish. I saw my mom off to work and everything, had to go back downstairs to get some food in my system because I couldn't stay up and continue reading if I was hungry. It was serious. I don't know, just, great job!
Well written, I liked it a lot.
micolodian77 chapter 32 . 2/2
absolutely amazing story
emzhao07010 chapter 9 . 8/10/2015
Nightwing is wrong. Women CAN rape men. It's not frequent at all, but it's possible.
TinyFlyingFerret chapter 32 . 6/23/2015
Found the perfect song for this fic- No Roads Left by Linkin Park
"Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why am I searching for perfection
Knowing it's something I won't find?

[Chorus]
Till the silence splits me open
Till it puts me underground
Till I have no breath
And no roads left but one

When did I lose my sense of purpose?
Can I regain what's lost inside?
Why do I feel like I deserve this?
Why does my pain look like my pride?

I let myself down

[Chorus]
Till the silence splits me open
Till it puts me underground
Till I have no breath
And no roads left but one
No roads left but one

I run
And the silence splits me open
I run
And it puts me underground
But there's no regret
And no roads left to run"
Great story, I enjoyed it
Sailor Saturn fan chapter 2 . 5/29/2015
Great story so far! I like it :)
shadowchild613 chapter 32 . 3/17/2015
Oh God, my heart. This story hurt me so badly, and you did a phenomenal job of it. Ow. Fantastic writing, dear, thanks so much for this one. I think it was the closure we all needed after that arc.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/14/2015
Thank you for including this issue that was kind of glossed over in canon. Saw another comment back there. Women CAN rape. Just because it's female on male doesn't mean it isn't.
TiannaofNugyta chapter 32 . 12/31/2014
Ok, so I do not recommend finishing this right before trying to go to sleep. I'd been working on it all day and decided to finish it at three in the morning. Not smart on my part. It was awesome! All of your writing I've read so far has been phenomenal and this was no exception. I'm not very interested in law so there were many times while I was reading this that I thought 'why on earth am I still reading?' but I couldn't stop! The emotion was awesome and you described everyone's characters so well. I will never see John Stewart the same way again as well as the rest of the League (Batman and Superman excluded). The ending was so suspenseful. I was jumping all over my bed trying to read as fast as I could. I won't spoil what happens but it was awesome and terrible at the same time. Anyway, thanks for writing this. I really enjoyed it.
Puffie chapter 32 . 7/6/2014
I would like to thank you for writing this fanfic and I can say that honestly this is one of the the best Nightwing fanfics out there. You captured his character wonderfully and was able to portray his dark side without destroying his essence- which I believe his relationship with his family and friends. I myself was not satisfied by what happened in the comics as well.

I also love how you write Dick and Barbara, they're my favorite DC couple and they deserve better than what happened in canon.

Excellent work!
Flameraven chapter 32 . 5/14/2014
Read this whole thing in one sitting and I must is it is wonderfully written.

there where a few times in chapter "31" that had a bit of wall of text but besides that is was masterfully done.

I would love to see the fall out of this on a wider scale. With Nightwing "cleared" save for a "slap on the wrist" how is the general public going to take it? Sure they seem to be making up their minds with out even half the evidence but when has that ever stopped them?

I do find it odd the that two who have the most animosity towards Dick are John Stewart and Cpt. Adam, both Military Men. Though it does seem that John is attacking Dick so hard more for his own failings in his past then anything that Dick did or didn't do...

And I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the hell Cpt. Marvel decided that Dick was guilty of conduct unbecoming after Dr. Midnights findings. Wisdom of Solomon my ass.