Reviews for Court Martial
kagome04 chapter 1 . 3/6
this story is awesome!
ICE chapter 32 . 12/23/2018
AMAZING. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. YOU ARE A FANTASTIC WRITER AND THEN STORY HAS LEFT ME WITH TOO MANY FEELS. EEEEEK. NOW IM LOOKING FOR A SEQUEL. TGERE BETTER BE A SEQUEL.
Ice chapter 31 . 12/23/2018
Omg. This fic is amazing. You are such a great writer. Ive been engaged since yesterday morning. Eeeeeeeeek. Im freaking out...whats going to hapen?!
I'mHumanISwear chapter 32 . 12/21/2018
Know you probably won’t see this cause it seems you haven’t been on this site forever, but you showed me something that I am getting very used to in the real world but hadn’t seen as much in fiction. Bad shit happens and sometimes it happens on large scales that will effect a large number of people negatively for years to come. And you just have to figure out how to keep going in spite of it. You made a fix not just destroyed the Justice League, but made the Justice League destroy itself. No by grand battle or horrible catastrophe, but just by humans acting in human made systems. Sometimes the human created powers that be get to decide your fate and you can fight all you want but you can’t always win.
Mycroft R Holmes chapter 32 . 12/11/2018
Hello. I know it's very unlikely you'll get this - you haven't been active on here since 2007, it looks like. I hope it gets to you.

This fic has been my absolute favorite since I first started reading it in 2005. Ever since then, it has been my number one recommendation, not just in the fandom but out of all fic. It means a lot to me. I reread it regularly. Seriously, I can't express how important this fic is to me.

Given how the internet treats fic, I am very concerned that ff . net will at some point delete Court Martial, particularly as it includes the subjective experience of a sexual assault. It's already fairly borderline as to whether it fits within their current guidelines.

Anyway, my question is, would you be open to uploading it to Archive of our Own, where it would be safer? If you don't want to bother with it, I would be very happy to do the dirty work for you. I have spare Archive of our Own invitations at the moment and could set up an account to stand for you, upload Court Martial there, and link back to your account here, or wherever else I should link.

I just really don't want it lost to the vagaries of the internet, and would love to help you in whatever way necessary to keep that from happening, but don't want to upload to Ao3 without permission (even with attribution) in case you don't want it there.

I hope you see this!
mariaptapia chapter 32 . 9/24/2018
This was amazing. I loved Wally's speech so much and I am complete blown away by the characters arguments and the moral debate. This is so impactful and masterfully put together.

My only complain is that I wish the text was split up a little more. Having so many characters speaking in the same paragraph through me off a bit. But I loved it nonetheless.
Guest chapter 32 . 8/10/2018
This was absolutely epic. Content of the highest caliber and I could not dream of anything being better.
Nightenbird chapter 2 . 7/20/2018
Oo! THE BAT DAD CALLED DICKIE SON I'M SO HAPPY! 3
GothicCity chapter 32 . 7/19/2018
It's so interesting to see fanfic from when these comics first came out-and to see that everyone recognized the problematic aspects from the start.

Bruce's reaction to everything is heartbreaking, as well as the way he continuously wrapped himself in his own cloak as if to comfort himself. And, though it was used against them, it was good to see him acting as a father to Dick when he went to him. That made me tear up.

And alright, I wasn't very familiar with Roy before, but now it's official. I love him. And I still want to see him kick Stewart's ass. I love how his go-to way to snap Dick out of his depression is to start a fight. And poor Wally being the referee.

Poor Tim being forced to testify against Dick. But the way he broke Ted's nose and immediately went to hugging Dick was one of my favorite moments.

The Titans' unconditional loyalty for Dick is amazing-and just goes to highlight the problems with the Justice League. They don't have that kind of faith in each other.

Shazam seems kind of stern for a, what, 13 year old? But I confess to not knowing much about him.

Good job leaving it so uncertain what the conviction was going to be. And interesting, and bittersweet that even as he's allowed to go home, no one is left unscathed.

It would have been amazing if you had written a sequel to the story(and maybe explore whether the events of this story might have caused both the bat family and/or the JL to treat Jason differently upon his return. Hopefully at least Dick might have acted more in character.)

You left me so salty toward the Justice League, and I have no idea what to do with that. Oh well. This was so gripping and tense, so well written. Great work!
Sailor Saturn fan chapter 7 . 4/1/2018
Wow. This is fantastic! This is totally Dick and Roy. I can totally visualize it in my head. You are awesome!
Guest chapter 32 . 1/13/2018
Hey, this was a great story! I (Defender of the Dogma) have written about Nightwing and stuff before, and I think you did a pretty great job portraying the gradual changes that would naturally happen in people. The emotions were realistic and progressed smoothly, transitioning in a manner quite close to normal life. I enjoyed it very much.
However, I did see two main problems. Dick's words were used against him as stated by the Miranda rights, but no one ever read him his Miranda rights, no nothing he said could be used against him in the court of law.
I also wish John was a bit more sympathetic. I feel a lot of dimension would be added to this story if he privatly felt more anguish over what he was doing.
That said, I thought this was a very good story with a great representation of court and emotion. I loved reading it! See you in the funny papers!
apWing chapter 12 . 9/5/2017
Love this story and where it's going! I really hope this is complete when I get to the end.

Just one thought. It drives me crazy how people treat people they find inferior as lesser than humans. Lantern and bettle clearly portray that inferiority compex in a perfect way. Just shows when people believe themselves superior or others inferior there is a loss of humanity in that individual. Nightwing didn't even pull the trigger and yet he is being treated as if he murdered superman here.
tenebrae di oblio chapter 32 . 7/8/2017
Omfg I have never been on the edge of my seat for so long. I was seriously having palpitations over this fic and wow was that a whirlwind. Honestly, although I can see where the League is coming from, I believe that their condemning of Nightwing was unfair. League members have killed before so it was a bit hypocritical for them to do that to him. But omg this fic was amazing in every way. You wrote it perfectly imo. It was utterly thrilling and kept me on edge for the whole time I was reading it!
Zetta chapter 1 . 6/17/2017
that was really ezxcellent. i read it syraight through and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. i never had much of an opinion of John Stewart, but anytime i see. him now I'm going to have to deal with rage inspired by this story. really great job showing dick's mental state along the wat, and i lived/was horrified by poor Tim being dragged in to the mix. i think Ted crossed a line there by betraying Tims confidence, and im disappointed Babs seemed to forgive him. I also think that after this, the League would be in serious trouble, and more than Wally would have left. great job, thanks for sharing this.
Blue Heart Burning chapter 32 . 6/3/2017
This was too good. I had to keep taking breaks because I'd get to invested and I'd get all teary, or my breathing would speed up and heart race and I'd find myself skimming rather than reading, so that I could find out what happens. Honestly, I liked John, and I kept thinking he'd realise he's being a frikking moron, but then I came to the realisation that no, he was going to remain a div, and the hatred began to fester... But on the other hand, because he was such a consistent presence, the festering hatred was accompanied by a slow-build agitated-tolerance. Captain Atom on the other hand... I just kept getting this strange desire ofIf only you existed so I come break you, you jackhole!" Such an awesome story~...