Reviews for Spindle of Fate
polka chapter 7 . 9/22/2009
this was so heartbreakingly beautiful.

amazing storytelling.

the epilogue was perfect - haunting and incredibly painful, but also incredibly ... real.

there are tragedies in our life, with some people experiencing more than others, and the only way we can deal with it is to persevere.

thank you for this. i think this story, especially the epilogue will stick with me for a very long time.
TheMacUnleashed chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
Oh, my... what a powerful ending! So sad, and yet, it seemed to conclude everything wonderfully. Great job.
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Absolutely moving! Are you usually this good?
anymousie chapter 7 . 1/21/2007
it ended beautifully
Nanashigurl01 chapter 7 . 5/24/2005
The story was awesome but I kind of wish for a different ending. I wonder what would have happened should Qui-Gon stay well and what would have happened should they have met up with Xanatos again. I really wish for a branch off alternative ending to this story but it is up to you.
kateydidnt chapter 7 . 1/12/2005
that made me cry! wow that was heartwrenching
Kiara Kenobi chapter 7 . 1/11/2005
Great job on this fanfic! I loved it. I can't wait to read your next one.
me yet AGAIN yes three of your recent reviewers all under different stories are the same person CALLED ME chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
ahem, yea, sorry. i reviewed your the prisoner lotr story, then read the rest of your reviews and got mad at one under the name of "confused". but the stupid site wouldn't let me write u another review, so i had to get mad at the "confused" reviewer in a review for your other lotr story. but then i forgot to mension taht THAT review was for your other story so here i am under THIS story to explain that all three of these reviews are intended for the prisoner!

*phew!*
Maren chapter 7 . 6/24/2004
Very good one! I loved it!
shanobi chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Oh Cas, that was so utterly sad, yet beautiful. I am so sad to see you go, but understand completely. I've cut way back and continue to do so - but I enjoy it too much to walk away. Good luck in your original writing - and thank you so much for completing this wonderful piece.

You will be missed, you have a beautiful style that just draws the reader in and makes them feel every word. Good luck, and don't be a complete stranger ;)

-shan
Athena Leigh chapter 7 . 6/20/2004
Oh, that was such a wonderful ending, I'm almost crying. That was so moving, so sad. Both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have a determination that just makes them so good together, and I love the way you've shown it. That epilogue was a particularly good way to finish it all. Truly sad that Qui-Gon spent all his time looking for Obi-Wan, and then Obi-Wan in turn stayed with his ill Master. I love it. A wonderful last story. Thank you for it and the rest. Know that your time spent on fanfic wasn't wasted. Just superb.
LuvEwan chapter 7 . 6/19/2004
Yesh, Cas! That was terribly, terribly, BEYOND heartbreakingly sad. To finally find one another again only to be separated so quickly and cruelly by death. It seemed like such an abrupt turn in the story-exactly as it happens in real life. The language was vivid and ran with graceful fluidity until the end. Beautiful. Bravo.
Sheila chapter 7 . 6/19/2004
Very sad Cas, but I loved the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and the way they were able to be together until the end.

If we don't hear from you again, good luck in all you do.
CYN chapter 7 . 6/19/2004
Lovely, Cas - and heartrending, just as you intended, you wicked thing! I am grateful that you took the time to finish it.

I do understand about your waning interest in fanfic. Though I still love the writing - and will continue to do it whether I post it or not - I have grown weary of all the crap that plagues certain sites - and the entitlement attitude that seems to afflict so many writers. But I have felt better since I took my leave of that infamous alternative site - no longer feeling compelled to defend my position or offer my opinions when they are so obviously resented because I refuse to knuckle under to other people's demands and draconian measures.

Oh, well. You will be missed, and, if you change your mind, do drop me a line to let me know you're coming back. The pleasure will certainly be all mine.

CYN
Fudge chapter 7 . 6/19/2004
Beautifully tragic storytelling.

Especially admired a resilient Obi-Wan's strength and grace after learning of Qui-Gon's condition and found it quite sad to know that the master would never get to see his padawan knighted.

Wonderfully written and a pleasure to read.