Reviews for Identical
Melannen Halfelven chapter 6 . 6/26/2006
*in tears*
RavenLady chapter 6 . 3/10/2005
I wish the discussions leading up to the Kinslayings were more fully treated, especially Sirion, which we don't see at all. (The preparations, I mean.) And a few descriptive parts (the pre-Doriath scene in chapter 5, and the end) could be added to. Those are my only criticisms.

There aren't many stories about the twins, and I enjoyed this one. The scene that really got to me was the Second Kinslaying; it was horrible to see how their brothers' deaths hardened them, and it was one of the most vividly written parts. Also, I love the way you don't distinguish who is whom, since I doubt the characters do so either.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 6 . 8/4/2004
"Too alike to not die on the same day." that is an almost comforting thought, that they are together, even in death.

i like how u have the Noldorin turning against their Princes in the end.

very good story
Evenstar Elanor chapter 5 . 8/4/2004
no.. no...

"I feel only threads of guilt and sorrow…I have done this before." pity, yet true.

ah, the 3 C's-Celegorm, Caranthir, and Curufin; all cut down.

i like, yet despise (see how u invoke confused emotions with this story) how Amrod/Amras is so angry he does not care about the maiden's life, he will take any that comes in between him and those Jewels. how like Feanor his sons are.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 4 . 8/4/2004
how fitting that Celegorm is the one who takes the initiative.. gah i hate that guy.

LOVE the mention of Maglor! (i love that guy) "but one of my brothers could surpass them easily…but a harp has not graced his hands for a long time; only swords." pity. see what tragedy your Oath has invoked, o musician? anyway.

i like that he has lost interest in most all things, even maidens that he used to adore. "we have almost become ghosts of ourselves." is so fitting
Evenstar Elanor chapter 3 . 8/4/2004
so touching and so true this: We are lucky that we have each other; another so like to yourself that you can confide and connect so strongly with. It means that in this world of horror and violence we are never alone.

i like how they think of the Kinslaying as they kill the Orcs, and remember taht they were once Elves.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 2 . 8/4/2004
like how he dreams of being burnt with the ships. he cannot escape his guilt. u like to start chapters with description of colors don't u? it's good
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
the description of the colors in the beginning is beautiful, and i like his feeling of guilt that most all the Noldor, especially the Seven must feel. i love, "how can one who has a spirit of fire have a frozen heart?"

it's interesting on how u have the 2 of them as interchangeable, which is something i don't really agree upon, as i feel that, though Tolkien said they were alike in mood and face, i still feel as they have their differences & should be spoken of as 2 different ppl. i like this though
erunyauve chapter 6 . 7/21/2004
In a way there's a happier ending here than for the version in which one dies at Losgar. But I have to say again that I like the way you wrote them as interchangeable. I think it's a bit of a symbol of how Feanor saw his sons in general (at least after his love of the Silmarilli got the best of him).
Tinuviel-luthien chapter 6 . 7/8/2004
I luv the end of this story. (I had to review it again because I love the ending so's so sad) *tear*
trekqueen chapter 6 . 7/8/2004
Now that I am finally able to review (stupid website) I shall do so!

aw the second kinslaying is so freaky. but you wrote it interestingly, especially the last line. *shivers*
erunyauve chapter 5 . 6/20/2004
It's sad, but it's the natural progression of things to see the twins lose their humanity. After so much has been lost and things seem pretty hopeless - they know they are not going to defeat Morgoth by this point - they would shut out their feelings as a matter of survival.
Neige chapter 5 . 6/17/2004
He does not care? Now he really IS a kinslayer. You can mark the transformation of the twins throughout- he no longer feels remorse. Will it last, though? Thank you for writing this- it's beautiful.

trekqueen chapter 4 . 6/10/2004
Aha! My strong powers of persuasion worked! Or maybe perhaps it was your own free will that had you post... either way yay! _

Oh I wonder what will be coming next considering the end of this chapter. I can hear the dun dun DUN! type music now.
Tinuviel-luthien chapter 3 . 6/10/2004
Beautiful! I love the first paragraph with the descriptions of the colors. Your story develops nicely; I particularly like the part where Amrod/Amras is comparing the orc to elves.

Just one small critique, even though twins in general are very similar, they have many differences of thought and interests. I think this would be better if you gave twins a slightly different point of view to distinguish their own character.

Other than that great work. Please continue!