Reviews for Upon a Kiss
nanciellen chapter 10 . 4/11/2014
Thank you for an excellent well written tale : )
nanciellen chapter 3 . 4/11/2014
Interesting story line. I am enjoying this.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Caroline is too selfish to take her own life. It is more believabke she woukd fake a suicide attempt..
orchids' dream chapter 10 . 4/19/2013
You have written this story a long time ago..but still i wanted to have my say.
Your character development of Caroline was extremely nice but you ruined Mr. Darcy for me.
Mr. Darcy is "Mr. Darcy" because his love for elizabeth refused to die. He cannot be the same if not for that love..:( :(
Celestical chapter 10 . 12/30/2008
First of all, I'm aware you published this story a while ago but I have to review (and who doesn't love reviews?).

I'm amazed at your writing skills. It's a terrific story and I really enjoyed reading it.

I agree that Caroline Bingley was only trying to make Darcy fall in love with her. And I'm glad to see someone took her side, she seems so badly misinterpreted in the story.

Everything was pieced together so well and flowed very nicely. Elizabeth seemed a bit out of character but I suppose that it's understandable considering Caroline is a threat to her marriage (in a sense).

Like I said, really good story and I can't wait to read more from you.
E. E. Lopez chapter 10 . 11/19/2006
I have so many mixed feelings about your story. While I like your development of Caroline and your twist on things, I don't really like the development of Darcy. The fact that Darcy could have loved her before she turned into what she is seemed very likely. However, I felt that Darcy falling in love with her again only after a few minutes seemed unlikely. After all, it did take Darcy quite a while to fall in love with Elizabeth. I could imagine Darcy seeing the old Caroline and missing the love that he had once had for her.

Anyways, overall I thought that your story was good, you had a good story line and I liked how in the end you have Caroline changing, perhaps back to her old self or a replica of it. Also, everything is well written and flowed with ease. I would not mind reading more of your works.
personal-to-me chapter 10 . 12/3/2005
well thats annoying! have kinda stuck to the plot line...shame caroline and darcy went well together the way u wrote them *cries*

anyway brilliant story lol
Emma chapter 10 . 11/23/2004
Although this is well written, I feel that the way you represented all of the characters, though especially Caroline, was inconsistent with the original book and contradicted with the rest of this story. I think that Caroline was the one who was the bad influence on Louisa, not the other way around and I do not think Darcy ever could have loved Caroline. I also think that Caroline wanted to marry Darcy because he was attractive and rich - I do not think she is capable of love. And Elizabeth's thought at the end of chapter 8 is never explained and it contradicts with the way both Darcy and Caroline act after this point. And the pairing of Colonel Fitzwilliam with...well, any female character has been done far too many times already. I am sorry to seemingly put your story down; however I wanted to say what I feel about it, and if I think about it out of the context of Pride and Prejudice, it is definitely an enjoyable story.
Lady Siruae chapter 10 . 11/1/2004
Argh! CUTE!I like the idea of Caroline getting with Darcy's cousin if she cant have Darcy! Unfortunately she wont be anthing but the bitch in my mind after seeing her in the movie!
PeterJ chapter 4 . 9/10/2004
Angst for angst only.

Excellent wrinting, but what is the purpose of this writing?

No joy, No enlightenig, but simply reading...
meghan chapter 3 . 8/11/2004
Very original idea and original ideas should be explored, but i am afraid to read any more. I come away from chapter three hating Mr Darcy, having devaloped a strong dislike for him in chaper two. Perhaps if I read more I will not wish him to marry Elizabeth at all (for her sake).
sarah chapter 8 . 8/11/2004
this has been a nice continuation of the story, i'm glad lizzy did end up marrying him, i hope there's greatness that lies ahead for caroline!
sarah chapter 5 . 7/20/2004
please do continue. it's nice to see someno give caroline more depth, a more real character. but i cant wait to see how you work it out.
Addy chapter 4 . 6/23/2004
Wow, you've got guts, I have to say. You do realize you're messing with one of the most beloved couples of all time, right? :) For the most part, your writing is quite good, mostly accurate to the time period with a few anachronistic expressions. You've done a good job of making an unlikeable character more sympathetic.
bepl chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
I'm feeling uneasy about the direction of this story. Darcy is much too good for Caroline Bingley! I hope you keep writing to fix this mess.