Reviews for Wingbroken
Strega chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
Have you ever seen Farscape? Yes? Then avoid the explanation. No? Farscape features a hero with his enemy's neurological clone inside his head. The thing would try to control him but their dialogue would take place in the strangest of places; an amusment park, a tiki-bar, inside a classroom, etc. Very cool. Your scene reminded me of it. LOL And Voldy's responses to Harry, oddly enough, seem the most kind and thoughtful things said among all the adults Harry deals with. Yet that's believable. (But what's with Voldy saying 'Mind the language?' That's like the devil scolding you 'Now, let's not be a potty mouth' LOL) Harry to become the next Dark Lord? That ALSO is believable. What does he have to fight for? What does he have left when the forces of good seem as neglectful and tainted as those of the dark? Harry would be an AWESOME force of darkness. If it wasn't for the whole...conscience thing, he'd be 'Bwa ha ha'ing in no time flat. Damn those Gryffindor morals! Oh, thanks for explaining the jam. _
Saphire Starlet chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
Excellent.

I love this alternate reality that you've seemed to have created... it's so simple, yet complex at the same time!

Great Work! I can't WAIT for the next chapter. Poor Harry... seeing his parents and Sirius like that...

Update soon!

S. Starlet
JaySnaps chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
a bit confusing at first, but i figured out what was hapening :)

that was so unrealistic, he was just idly chatting to riddle...but i liked it.

keep it up!
espergirl04 chapter 23 . 2/3/2005
Wow, interesting chapter. So Harry has completely snapped...and poor Snape. Can't wait to read more!
BlownAway chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
Hmm...you say you've been sneaking Pratchett phrases in throughout the fic...I did spot them, but was slightly late too late reviewing to point them out :(

An excellent chapter! Serious insane Harry being counselled by Voldy, with light relief in the form of jam. I'm slightly concerned about Voldemort's subversive influence here, especially with the teaser for the next chapter. Harry isn't going to be stupid enough to think that Voldemort can give him contact with his parents, Sirius, etc? I mean, they're in Harry's head, so when he thinks about them, they appear.

On the other hand, if Harry realises that, then he'd probably be content to spend the rest of his life in his head with the memories of the dead...

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

My name? Not a Pratchett reference (though in future I may claim that it is). Just a name I adopted on Schnoogle, when I was "blown away" by the fabulous new world of the fanfic.

So tell me, how do you manage to balance writing fanfic writing with schoolwork (GCSEs this year?) and a social life? I've been attempting it for a week, and finding it hard.

BlownAway
KrazeyForever chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
Well my guess was kinda right lol man this is getting really crazy and I can hardly wait for the next chapter keep it up Cheers!
No.names.availible chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
To be honest, i don't remember why i read this story in the first place. It is so out of my current tastes in stories that i always question. Yet here i am again, practically begging for another chapter.

That says something about the author, doesn't it?

Again, i enjoyed the chapter. It was interesting, and ...well i want to find out more. This story is rather unpredicatable, for some reason i am finding less and less of those. Your little clues at the bottem don't do anything more than peeking my interest.

So i look forward to more. I hope you continue soon.
Shada Bay chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
I think that this may be my favourite chapter thus far. Of course, that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Riddle is in it.

*cough*

Anyway, excellent. I really enjoyed the abstract setting. I always find it so enjoyable when Harry and Riddle (Voldemort) engage in casual conversation. Well - under the pretence of casual conversation, that is to say. This was definitely interesting.

And lastly, you enquired as to the elusive Blog... You're joking, right? Please go to and get one. They're contagious; I'm shocked you've never heard of them. 'Blog' stands for 'weblog', incidentally.
Pleione chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
That was a really interesting idea for a chapter. I couldn't imagine talking to Tom Riddle like that. Strawberry jam, you weren't kidding at all, it was really great. Can't wait to see what happens next.
seastones88 chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
This is by far the best chapter. I thought Harry and Riddle were so cool.

Keep it up!

SS
fhippogriff chapter 24 . 2/3/2005
As always, I really enjoy your chapters. The story is getting really weird-but then insanity is that way by definition. Harry's not really insane-he's using strategy during his talk with Riddle, figuring out what he doesn't need to say, what would put him at a disadvantage. It will be interesting to see him with Snape next, since he so regrets what he did. Looks like the next chapter is going to be Voldy and not Snape, though. I like a rational Voldemort, not the insane, cackling, knows-only-one-thing-and-that's-Crucio kind of Voldemort.
Ija Ijewna chapter 23 . 2/1/2005
I've stumbled across your story recently... all right, today. By now I've read it all.

What can I say? Great style (I've not read other reviews - did anyone tell you about pratchettian references?), mixing something that is rather hard to mix together: good ironical humour and serious issues. You've borrowed something else from Pratchett, which makes me appreciate your story even more: his approach on ethics. Yep ;-) I love Pratchett. It's incurable.

I find your characterisation of Snape very believable - he's not soft, nor stupid. Well, I'd rather say he IS stupid, but not in the "low IQ" aspect. ;-) I like him AND consider him in canon as well, which is rare for fanfic-Snape. As of Harry - I'm still not completely convinced, but (and it's the merit of your fic) I want to be. Therefore, write. Please?

/BTW, as you've probably noticed, English is not my first language. I'm much less skilled in writing than in reading./
BlownAway chapter 23 . 1/29/2005
Wow - rather original and very addictive.

Why did they watch for ten minutes without acting?

The italics were very confusing for the reader - but I suppose that's how Harry heard them, without convenient identifying nametas. However, the ones that I presume were Snape's seemed a little OOC, especially at first.

Thanks for a great fic - I can't wait for the next chapter.
JaySnaps chapter 23 . 1/26/2005
wow...i've just read ALL of the story so far (not in the same day) and i think it is absolutely bloody brilliant! A lot of angsty fics are the same but this one's different. i like it :D

When i got to the end of this chapter and saw it was the latest one i was practically shouting at the computer! I really can't wait for the next one.

The last bit with Snape, Dumbledore and Mrs. Wealey was great, especially the last couple of lines. i laughed my head off.

woah, i think that has got to be the longest review i've done for anyone...UPDATE! NOW! or you'll have me (and probably quite a few others) to deal with. ;)
K a w a i i - S y a o r a n chapter 23 . 1/25/2005
wow cool chapter! Poor Harry~ and Severus hehe P I love Angst.

Oh yea, lol no no no i meant you got me re-addicted lol i've been reading FF since 2002! haha i was just starting to lose interest in FF then i read yours and i was like ".. .more." lol
760 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »