Reviews for Duel
SLotH4 chapter 1 . 3/4
On the edge of my seat reading this. You captured the suspense of a chase very well. Especially considering you used diary entries as a story. Well done.
Harlequin chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
An amazing and truly scary piece. Sonic meets Terminator, and the results are both awesome yet nightmare inducing. Kudos to you!
The Mr E chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
That... was awesome. It wasn't hard to follow at all. You delivered the cross-country tension-ridden chase so perfectly. Every sequence was absolutely top-notch. After the first few paragraphs, I simply couldn't stop reading, though I do sort of feel to hate Mecha Sonic after this.

Something that stood out to me was that you managed to deliver a story of this nature without using any swearing or inappropriate material. I greatly admire that. I've been searching far and wide across for really wholesome, non-juvenile, high-quality stories and so far, it has been pretty disappointing. The only reason why my story is rated T is because of violence, but even so it's no worse than the book "White Fang". I try not only to produce something that's A Grade, but also carries a good message (can't say I'm perfect, though). Your motto, proving a story doesn't need to be R-rated to be great, really inspires me.

Honestly, I wasn't sure who was going to win. That's good. It means you're not too predictable as a writer.

Favourite Scenes (ah, so many - I'll have to single out a few):

"...It has been three weeks-he has lasted longer than I

ATTACK MODE INITIATED" (and the scene that follows) - That was unexpected, and really cool.

"... I was feeling pretty good as I pushed open the doors and stepped inside

and Mecha steps out from behind a watermelon display.

I broke the door off its hinges getting out of there, and from the noise, I think he smashed right through it."

"Learning matrix processing. New emotion registering. SHOCK."
ItalyDude77 chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
this is good but it is hard for me to understand witch i like
Grizzmon chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
This is the best Metal Sonic story I have read in a long time, well done!
Pedro chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
That's probably the best Sonic fanfiction I've ever read. You did a great job with it, seriously.
SergeantLuke chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I LOVED this story so much. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through- I never knew just what was going to happen next. Sonic and Metal both had their own unique voice that suited them very well, and I especially like the subtle way in which Metal began to show more emotion as time went on- as if his hunt for Sonic had put a bit of a toll on him.
jaimeastorga2000 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is a copy of the review I left at TVTropes:

_Awesome_One-Shot_

Loved it. The writing is gripping, the emotions intense, the journal format brilliant, and the idea original. It's even the right length, not overstaying the welcome of a situation that would surely get repetitive after a while, but instead choosing to come in a few days before the hunt of the organic by the artificial ends.

My only complain is that the ending was a bit anti-climatic. It's not a bad resolution, but having it spelled out ahead of time drained some of the impact from it. To quote How Not to Write a Novel: "When there is a plan, things cannot go according to it. If they do, the plan becomes a spoiler." The journal entry detailing the solution should have been interrupted by the arrival of Metal Sonic just after Sonic had realized it but before he had time to explain it, and when the latter resumed writing he should just have noted what he was doing due to the hurried nature of the situation, thus keeping us in the dark about Sonic's actions until after Metal Sonic's final log entry.

Still, definitely a great Sonic one-shot, and highly recommended.
WarpClaw chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
WOW...this was great! i could really feel the emotions of each character!
dalekcaan1963 chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
WOW! I LOVED THIS! 10/10 story here! This was brilliant! I'm adding this to my fave story list!
Robotnik07 chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Very good story! It was interesting to find out who would win at the challenges they faced.
frostychan12 chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
OMG, THIS RULES! I COULD NEVER WRITE LIKE THIS...(sniff sniff sob) Although, that little comment that Sonic made when he was trying to think of a way to kill Mecha WAS a bit harsh...but other than that, good job! (thumbs up)
DarkXeno chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
Ever read one of those stories where you can't tell who's the protagonist and who's the antagonist? this is one of those stories.
Myin chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
*laughs* Good, good. _ I really enjoyed it.
Blue Dragon X chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Very nicely written. I like Sonic's perspective because you capture it so well. I enjoy reading a great multitude of your stories.