Reviews for The One By Toil
Very good. :]
Caskettfan723 chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
:D
float like a sponge chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
This story was brilliantly insightful and a rare form of literature on this fanfiction site.

I needed this too.

This chaotic yet honest mental proccess derived from Ross' emotions.

It was absolutely beautiful. From the cab ride, to his past, to their past, to Phoebe and Ross' moment with in the cab. I thought that was wonderful. I've always wondered what Phoebe may have done in that ride of defeat.

And thank you for not re-emphasizing the "you got off the plane!" moment because I thought it was an inadequate scene in reuniting Ross and Rachel.

Thanks for giving the finale depth, something that the writers failed to do. There was never enough explaination or reasoning; just history and result.

I feel that the very end of your fic, could have been stronger. But I think simplistic laughter and response is a good thing too. I admire this tremedously.

So sincerely, wonderful, Wonderful job.
Leondra chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
This is beautifully written. I absolutely agree that the writers didn't handle Ross and Rachel's rocky relationship as well as they could have, especially in the finale. But not only did you provide a lovely filler, but the depth of emotion you covered in this was beautiful. Ross and Rachel isn't my favorite pairing, but this actually made my eyes mist up. And the Phoebe/Ross interaction was nice, too.
FriendsAddict chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
I re-read this fic and forgot that I wasn't able to leave a review. Anyway, as i've said in my mind the first time I read this... FABULOUS. The story, the way it was written and the way Ross and Rachel were portrayed were brilliant! I can't wait for the rest of your fics:)
Pyun chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
This story is great. I like the sonnet as a preface, it kind of sets the mood for the prose to follow. Very effective. I can't believe you don't have more reviews. Your writing is sensational.
vosa chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
man, I just read all your stories and they are awesome, excellent story, real deep insight into Ross's fellings
rnr4eva chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
i thort dis fic woz FAB! i'm a dedic8ed rnr fan n i agree dat ross made is desicion 2 go afta rach reel kwik! i fink u shood rite mor fics
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
Excellent piece of work. Fills in the little problems with the finale very nicely, and REALLY explores Ross's feelings for Rachel in an expert manner.
Tenneil chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
Wow, this fic is great. So well written with so much emotion. With TV shows, you never really get an insight of such deep emotion, so I'm glad you wrote this fic because Ross and Rachel are my most favourite couple ever and now I feel even more satisfied with their ending. So beautifully written, well done. :)
VeroGeller chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Beautiful :D... I'd been wanting to read (or write) something like this since I watch the last one. I agree with you that the journey to the reunion wasn't satisfying enough... thank you very much for writting this... I really enjoyed it!
diehardRRfan chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
i thought this was really good. great job!
LanieCroft chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
wow this one is stuning, very emotional, with a lot of feeling. Really good writen. Great idea to write about the moment before they enter Monica's appartement. I really wished they would have showed us the reaction of the gang seeing Rachel here in NWC and not Paris and back together with Ross.

Maybe you could write it. Since this one was so great and it would be a great way to continue your story.
Tina Chaves1 chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
I totally agree with what you said about the last episode. I also thought there were some things missing... and now that I'm beginning to realise that there won't be another chance for all of that, it's kind of freaking me out : Thought about writing a version mself to get that closure I need :(

Anyway, I loved your fic! Your writing is very good! I think you can show Ross' feelings to us in a very truthful manner. At some point I thought you'd change the story and make them not get back together. But you were just being TRUE, I love that.

'Cause I mean, it's not like when you love someone you feel only good things and all that romantic crap. There's the bad parts too. The heartbreaking, the uncertainty, the bad feelings. I guess you showed that to us very well :)

I also loved it how you used stuff from the past, both things we've seen and things we haven't. Helped evoking the real characters.

AND I loved the beginning. Ross thinking the cab running and stuff should provoke some sort of emotion on him. I know it can go by some people without further notice, but that just happens to me a lot (a lot lately in fact) and I just get "whoa!", you know?

Okay, pretty long review... though I really should have used better language! lol :) whatever, hope you keep writing more! (haha, R&R, that is ;))
upsidedownPB chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
Do you know something? I absolutely adored this. I thought it was great. I also thought that the writers were a bit rushed with the whole ross/rachel thing and I didn't think it seemed completely realistic. But this was great, seriously. I always love it when I get reviews that say more than "Good, keep going." I hope you will appreciate this review-I really really liked it. Please write more soon. Lilian x