Reviews for Back to the Future! Again!
Ranker chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
What happened with the chapters?
Kara Wild chapter 1 . 8/14/2002
This is for BTTF Again! Part 3

I think I'm with whoever said that your fic is superior to the movie. Of course, it's probably my Amy bias talking. But your theories were more fascinating, your conclusion was *definitely* more interesting, and you created a much richer atmosphere by including recently-freed slaves and emphasizing restrictions on women. I felt more in the past than the Hollywoodized John Wayne atmosphere of the movie.

It's funny: when Amy of 1978 saw her counterpart in 1865, I almost expected her to start arguing. "Why would you want to stay down there? Sure it's slower and less polluted, but medicine is crude, everyone is dirty, and you have less freedom! And then there's the corset! Need I go on?" If it were me, I would have told Daria "To hell with what she said. *I* don't want to be stuck in 1865. Go back there and send me home!"

An aside: If young Amy was the same height as Daria, when exactly did the growth spurt kick in?

My favorite parts include Daria meeting the 1860's Morgendorffers, the multiple endings ("Daria: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"), the "I am NOT gay!" running gag, and a drunk Amy telling the 19th century Lawnburgites about the future.

I especially liked the Amy/Lawrence story. Somehow it held more poignancy for me than the Doc Brown story, probably because I am more in touch with the character through the show and fanfic (esp. fanfic). It was neat to watch Amy's range of emotions, especially her rage when the clock broke. It seems/seemed like you and I are among the few people who see her as a character in her own right, rather than Dr. Evil to Daria's Mini Me.

Hmmm, and I see early AA in your description of Amy right after she'd rescued Lawrence from the water... ;

I'm with Cincgreen, though, in thinking that Amy as the literal controller of destinies was a bit much. Unless that was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment on her implacable image in fandom.

I just have a question, though. Why is Lawrence depicted as blond when in the story he's described as having long black hair?
dutchtulips chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
really intersting! i couldn't stop reading! great job on this.
CINCGREEN chapter 1 . 1/28/2001
Excellent job. Required reading. Milo might find it hard to top the excellence of this one!"

- cincgreen/milo_
wildgoose chapter 1 . 1/27/2001
"Oh my god, they've found me. I don't know how but they've found me. RUN FOR IT MARTY!" ~Doc. Brown~

Hey, very well done. Kudo's