Reviews for To Hope's End and Heart's Breaking
EugeniaVictoria chapter 1 . 7/9
Very nice. Éomer is a great character but sometimes I find myself marvelling at his lack of insight. In canon he had no clue what moved Éowyn to ride to battle until Gandalf shed some light on the matter. I realize he wanted to protect his sister but he could have acknowledged her singular courage and her skills as a warrior more than he did. Still, this was a wonderful read, you perfectly managed to convey the love he feels for his sister.
ApprenticeMagic chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I feel like crying... this is beautiful. Not many people write this, but I love hearing Eomer's side of things after he finds Eowyn. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Nice stuff.
Arlya chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Aww. Very well written. I enjoyed reading it :)
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I love the way you capture his love for her!
buttonbit chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
So sad yet happy!

The battle of Pelennor is my fave scene!
Lady of Light 101 chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
That was great! I love how you described Eomer's feelings, and how he remembers his mother's words to him about taking care of Eowyn. Absolutely a beautiful and emotional piece!
Grav chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Okay. My favourite part of The Movie is the Charge of the Rohirrim. And I was *really* bitter when they cut out the Éomer scene after showing it in the preview, even though I only had to wait another year for it.

That said, the book version is *so much* better. I really dislike trying to explain Éowyn to people who have only seen the movies because they just don't get it. She is so much more complex than she is in the movie (obviously, so is everyone else, but I always feel the angriest about Faramir and Éowyn). You clearly get it because this was very awesome and incorporated everything about that chapter that I love so much. The Rohirrim are just so...fabulous...and you've captured the ideas that brought them to Minas Tirith completely.

Your Éomer is fantastic, by they way. I don't know if I've mentioned that.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Good description of Eeomer's grief over Eowyn's "death".
MBDTA chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Wonderfully written! I like how you showed the utter anguish of Eomer's mind. Quite impressive!

The Editor of MBDTA
LOTRlover1066 chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
That was a very good little sequence. Please write more. I really liked that one.
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I really liked this story-not only because no one ever does Eomer stories (at least not good ones), but also because you didn't exactly conclude it, and I like that. There's just hope in the ending. Nice job.
bardalicious chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
That was cute, good job
Deandra chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
Very powerful! You write so beautifully, a mere review does your work little justice!

One typo: "He over at the Lord of Dol Amroth" (need to add "looked" in there.)

- Deandra
vtangelchix chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
beautiful! plz write more! I'm so glad that you made eomer such a good brother! way to go!