Reviews for Harry Potter and the Mind Mage
TEF chapter 15 . 6/13
Why no Quidditch in NSW? Why?
So your an Eels fan, eh?
I cracked up so hard when I saw Holden brooms.
TEF chapter 12 . 6/13
Sydney School of Magic.
I'm Aussie too. G'day, mate.
Jeremy chapter 1 . 2/17
Hey, I found this fanfic, and read to the end (on this site) but the does not load. could you possibly send the rest to me?

Also, never see good fanfics before from Australians - not to speak badly of my fellow countrymen - but yours is really good :)

Jeremy
jc chapter 12 . 2/15
Loving the story.. its nice to see stories from fellow aussies... melbourne is most definitely the best city :D
John chapter 2 . 2/2
Ginny was sent to Harry's because Dumbledore wanted to teach him the power the Dark Lord knows not.
wrappedinharry chapter 14 . 1/25
I'm sorry, but Ginny is just plain obnoxious to Professor Dumbledore. Even Harry wasn't as rude as she is being just after Sirius died, and he had an excuse! If Molly or Arthur knew how she was talking to DD, they would be appalled.
wrappedinharry chapter 13 . 1/25
I'm pretty sure there's another spelling mistake in this chapter, even if it's a made-up word...It's 'Impedimenta', not 'Impedimentia'. I have a real thing about canon names being spelled correctly.

The Slytherins were severely outclassed...not one of them bested a Gryffindor. That might cause no small degree of irritation. Look out Gryffindors.
wrappedinharry chapter 8 . 1/25
You make some pretty astute guesses regarding things from canon that hadn't been written when you wrote this...only one day off with Ginny's birthday. But of course, way, way off with Ron's.

I'm beginning to like Professor Milton...a Mind Mage: can do magic without aid of a wand. Wonder what the things he can't do are. And does he have a wand for these contingencies?

You seem determined to keep Lupin and Harry apart. Is there a reason for this...don't you like Lupin. And BTW, Lupin taught year appropriate subject matter when he was DADA teacher...they were only in third year. And he also taught Harry how to cast a brilliant Patronus. I wonder if Milton could have done that.
wrappedinharry chapter 4 . 1/25
Yes, you just killed Hedwig. But how clever of you to pick the exact same way JK killed her...protecting Harry from a killing curse. When you wrote this, DH had not been released, so as I said, very clever.

A few questions: where was the Order guard? You said in an earlier A/N that you couldn't apparate into the house but you could Disapparate from within. So the two DEs must have gotten in from outside. And stealth isn't a DE talent it would seem.
Why were there only the 2 DEs?
And we knew by this stage in canon that Volde wanted to kill Harry himself. So why wasn't he there?
And why was it this virtual stranger James (I have noted his name is very similar to yours BTW) who got to port key with H and G and not one of their friends?
wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 1/25
I didn't read your bio until after I had read chapter one, so I was wrapped to see you're an Aussie. And from Melbourne, no less, even if you were living in Perth at the time you wrote the bio...quite a long time ago, so you could be anywhere now. Not to mention much older and probably well over your HP phase.

I too am an Aussie and I live in Melbourne (well Coldstream, near Lilydale in the outer eastern suburbs) but my sister lives in Scarborough.

I'm a lot older than you and I'm not over HP.

I have no idea why you chose to send Ginny to Harry, except for the purposes of the story and perhaps because Ron requested to go to Hermione.

I also wonder why this James Milton was sent to Privet Drive; why not someone from the Order that Harry knew? Moody was there, so why not just send him by himself.

Harry's vision was interesting. I wonder if 'he' is this James Milton character. And was it Snape who was Crucioed?

It was also like handing a lolly to a kid and taking it away again by telling H and G that they would be going to Hogwarts early, but mis August. That's two weeks early. I think Harry would say 'big whoop'!
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 1/25
I'm sure I'm not the only one to say this in a review, but I am sure Ron would have stayed with Harry and Ginny with Hermione. It is too fantastical that this would have been the arrangement. But of course your story wouldn't have worked the way you wanted it too if you didn't do this.

I also can't believe that Mr Weasleys didn't stick around long enough to talk to Vernon and threaten him with all kinds of dire consequences if he mistreated his daughter...or Harry for that matters.

I notice the story isn't finished which is a real shame, but it is so hard to find a decently written HG story.
nayin17 chapter 17 . 1/2
Harry and Ginny are finally TOGETHER
nayin17 chapter 12 . 1/2
Go Ginny Go!
nayin17 chapter 9 . 1/2
Nice gift from Harry
nayin17 chapter 7 . 1/2
Ron is so sweet... I want your Ron as my brother
3,697 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »