Reviews for Twilight of the Gods
viviana chapter 34 . 6/9/2005
sg1scribe chapter 34 . 6/9/2005
Another excellent chapter, and what a cliffhanger. Oh dear, poor Eomer. I thought I was mean to him, but you are at least as bad, if not worse - that is not a bad thing though ;-) Very nicely written fight scene - lots of tension, and not at all what I expecting for poor Eomer.

May I make one suggestion as a constructive comment? You tend to jump point of view quite often in a scene. Sometimes it can be more effective to tell a whole scene from just one person's viewpoint.
Ithil-valon chapter 34 . 6/9/2005
NO! (Ok, I'll quote Luke Skywalker too, lol) Eomer, get up!

I must say, I agree with Ridasha. The horse-lords ARE big and impressive! (Especially one very special King of the Horse-Lords.)

The rituals you have described thoughtout the story have been very interesting.

Elfhelm is terrific in this story as well; he's truly a good friend. He is one I'd want on my side in a fight.
sielge chapter 34 . 6/9/2005
Will Eomer be capable to fight the esterling and to be victorious?

What about Aragorn? Will he be free only because Eomer or will he be capable to make a difference on the esterling's world?

Update soon!
KatzillaTimmy2222 chapter 33 . 6/9/2005
Hi there, this is Katzilla talking, one of the two inquisitors writing this epic of torture (of both our main characters AND you readers, if I read your reviews correctly)!

LindaHoyland: Aren't we EVIL? Now Éomer has finally found Aragorn, and yet the situation has STILL not been solved? Come on, this would have been too easy.

Klaw: Glad you're still around. Here's the duel for you.

Mystical 19: Here's your 'most anticipated chapter', as you wrote, LOL... until next time? You think about the story 24/7? Wow! That is an honour! Of course, we used to do that, too, while writing it, and it is SUCH a reward to read your enthusiastic reviews now! Thank you, thank you, thank you! But what are you saying, that we like to be cruel to our readers? Ts... it's not 'us', it's life! We are just documenting what's happening, you know? It's not our fault. (feints innocence) Yes, Éomer certainly is more than a little bull-headed, isn't he? Can't you just hear Elfhelm's teeth grind with frustration? I'm sure after this adventure, he'll have an ulcer (but hopefully not you!). I'm not sure it's only his pride and concern for his men which made Éomer decide to fight himself. He's 'pissed off royally'! All the troubles he's had in the past weeks, and finally he has someone to punish for it! He wants it, kiddo!

Ainu Laire: Yes, Asentis may not be so easy an opponent as Éomer thinks...(passes her a bottle of oxygen). I hope this chapter is interesting enough for you?

Vivianna: This story started as a mess, it was a mess in the middle, why should it be different now, LOL? We don't go for 'easy'. Never!

Sielge: Here's the update. Wonderful to hear from you on such a frequent basis, too.

Viggomaniac: LOL, I can't wait to hear what you think about this update. I just LOVE your ramblings, they can't be long enough imho. Love to read about your suspicions, too, but naturally can't comment too much on them. But your ideas certainly sound you, too, suspect that we haven't emptied the sack of evil entirely yet, huh? I wonder what gives you the impression? Because we like to leave you with the most evil cliffhangers? Naaww... And you are right, of course, that there are still many (if not most) answers are left open. Perhaps you will learn a few of them in the near future... I am shattered though to read that you don't believe us re. us not wanting to hurt anyone, least of all the King of Gondor. (cries) That is such a mean accusation... Go now I will, and leave to your ramblings you (studies Yoda-speak, too!).
Timmy2222 chapter 33 . 6/5/2005
Thank you all for visiting this story and for the many kind words! We really appreciate your comments.

to Viggomaniac: Can't get enough of Aragorn in trouble, ey? Hasn't he taken enough by now? Should this man not be granted some rest?

Luke Skywalker's quote of the day really hit the nail home (LOL)! A very specific quote indeed, I would have known at once it must come from him!

to klaw: Laughed heartily about your comment to ch 33. Well, the prospect for the future if Éomer loses isn't nice...

to Mystikal19: You're thinking about this story constantly? Truly flattering, thank you.

to viviana: You're right, the heroes brought themselves into quite a mess, but they might sort themselves out and find a way... hopefully .

to Souly: My dear, once again thanks for your praise. But isn't it the essence of writing to leave behind trodden paths? To create places and characters (and a new religion in this case)? Tolkien's world gives us writers a frame, but the picture can always be drawn by yourself.

Have a nice week,

- T.
grumpy chapter 33 . 6/3/2005
Glad that the Rohirrim are there, but don't like this one on one fight at all. I think Asentis cheats, sort of like Brad Pitt in Troy, he always won because of his goddess mother. Well hope the gods are on Eomer side. Maybe Eomer should wear some wolvesbane arround his neck, just for luck.
sg1scribe chapter 33 . 6/3/2005
Oh - a very exciting chapter. I hope Eomer's confidence doesn't turn out to be too misplaced. Poor Elfhelm having to stand by and watch. I liked that he had the courage to challenge Eomer's decision.
Thorongirl chapter 33 . 6/2/2005
To quote Luke Skywalker: "No!" This is one chapter that definitely ended on a cliffhanger; of course I like cliffhangers so that is fine by me. As is everyone else, I'm glad that Eomer and Friends finally caught up with the Gondorians, but things aren't looking good. Especially with Eomer's weakened sword arm. But you knew that, didn't you? I don't have any idea as to what you're going to do next, but I do think there are too many unresolved issues for Aragorn and company to get off this easily. There is the matter of what was killing the livestock back in Rohan, what attacked Aragorn, what's going to happen to Radisha, Hilberon, and Thor, the treaty with the Dunlendings, and a bunch of other things that I'm too groggy to remember right now. I hate to use phrases like "this story rocks!" But it does. It really does. BTW, I never did respond to that funny little comment you made in one of your review responses about how tormenting Aragorn is SO not your thing. Hey, talk about a lack of credibility! I think even if Eomer wins, Haradishane has already proven herself more than willing to violate the traditional codes of her people, so I'm not so sure she will actually let the king go. Or if the high priestess will. Too many twists and turns in the plot for me to even hazard a guess. Stunning, outstanding, jawdropping, splendiferous, amazing, astounding, heartstopping, and frustrating this story is! (Hey, I might as well sound like Yoda)! Go ahead. Post the next chapter now. We won't mind. Really.
klaw chapter 33 . 6/1/2005
He better win!
viviana chapter 33 . 6/1/2005
OH NO! What a mess!
lindahoyland chapter 33 . 6/1/2005
This is just thrilling to read ! I just loved the way Eomer is so outraged at Aragorn's ill treatment and how they can commincate just with their eyes. I eagerly await the next update.
Ainu Laire chapter 33 . 6/1/2005
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god... *takes a deep breath* Will this turn out good or bad? I hope you survive, Eomer! Let him not find your weakness! *breathes in and out*

I have a feeling we shall see Ridasha again... and now the high priestess knows who Aragorn is. This should turn out... interesting.
Mystikal19 chapter 33 . 6/1/2005
Awesome, superb, magnificent...GREAT JOB! This chapter was by far the most anticipated that I have had so far - well, until next chapter at least :) Half of me is proud of Éomer for agreeing to the fight with Asentis(?) and the other wants to strangle him. How could he be so stupid? If he falls, not only the KING of Rohan is dead, those of his Éored are going to be enslaved, along with Elessar, and all his men. But then, I knew Éomer would agree because, lets face it, he's Éomer and he hates it when his men die for him so this would assure none would die for him - well, if he won that is. Elfhelm's position as a friend and mentor was difficult, but I think he handled it with ease even if Éomer did not want to hear it. Lol, when Munteseri came out, I thought it was a girl first because of the long hair, and it amused me to know it was a boy. Hilberon's excitement that Éomer and co. came was great - I hope it stays because it is much better than all that moping and no need to fear, for this story as GOT to end up happy...please? I also liked knowing that the Rohirrim could win in cases of battle though Éomer chose not to kill them all, he truly has grown much since being the Third Marshall, huh? All-in-all, this is the most wonderful story my little eyes have fallen upon, and I hope you know that (though you should for I tell you each week). I think about this story constantly (crazy isn't it?) and I get so excited when you update. So please update soon so I can be "excited" :) I am so anxious to see Éomer's fight - this has got to be amazing since it is between the two best warriors and neither of them are going to go down willingly. Let's just hope Éomer's will is stronger, and his anger stirs up some of that pride that we all know and love of him so he can kick Asentis's butt and rub it in Harishdane's face that her honey *isn't* the strongest guy around. Thank you for the awesome chapter, please update soon!
sielge chapter 33 . 6/1/2005
What will come now for Aragorn, Eomer and their men?

Will Eomer win the fight? Maybe his left handling sword will help him now... And what about Aragorn?

Update soon!