Reviews for Twilight of the Gods
sielge chapter 49 . 11/14/2005
Beautiful ending!
viggomaniac chapter 48 . 11/14/2005
Oops. I appear to have screwed up by reviewing chapter 48 as chapter 47. I honestly didn't realize I was doing it. What a chump. I guess I'll blame it on my teenage son begging me to fix him breakfast. (Sounds good anyway - although it is true). So off I go to fix breakfast. Back later with the review!
Thorongirl chapter 48 . 11/14/2005
I sure procrastinated on this chapter, because (of course) I read it the day it was posted. But now that I got the alert for the next and final chapter, I have to comment on this one first. Stupendous as always, and you did a great job getting some of the loose ends tied up. I loved the interaction between Arwen and Vlohiri and Vlohiri's struggle to hide his emotions during Aragorn's ordeal. Ridasha and Hilberon interaction was great too. I'm wondering if you'll do anything with that in the last chapter. It doesn't sound like she has a home anymore. Ah, that Hilberon. Noble chap. Not crying out in pain - so manly - but then lapsing into unconsciousness. Gotta love moments like that. Also enjoyed Ridasha's edited translation to Faramir. She's got a lot of common sense, that girl. Well ladies, it's been a long ride and I sure have enjoyed every minute of it. And now, on to the next chapter.
Soul of the Evenstar chapter 49 . 11/14/2005
A great end to a great story. Though, lately, I did not review on regular basis, I always continued reading this story.

I call it a story on purpose, not fanfiction. Though you use Tolkien's characters, you have created a whole world of your own and I alwayd enjoyed diving into it - to relax and read.

Your characterisations of the people in this story, both Tolkien's and your own, shows your writing talent. And I very much liked your love for details (weapons, culture, etc.). It is heart to always find the right amount of information, I know that. I once read a story, its author had a great writing style, but I was bored to death by the how much information was cramped into a sentence/chapter.

So, you may see this as a compliment. I count you among my 3 (in this case 4, since this story is a colaboration)favorite authors.

Thanks for a great time, Katzilla and Timmy. I will stop here now, though I guess I could write a whole roman about this story.

Yours, Souly
KatzillaTimmy2222 chapter 47 . 11/14/2005
So, this is it. It is with a melancholic feeling that we present you the last chapter of this story of two kings. 1.5 years of posting have finally found their end, and we will miss all your valued opinions, funny comments and thoughtful insight. Most of you have accompanied us for the duration of this story and left their review for each and every single chapter, and we cannot tell you what that meant to us! THANK YOU!

I (Katzilla) will remain in the fandom, even if I don't have anything specific cooking at the moment. I do have a story idea, but it will take some time yet until something will be ready for posting. I hope to meet all or most of you there when it happens! :-) HUG

Mystical: I don't know what Timmy2 will be doing. Perhaps you should try to email her, as I can't really tell.

Everybody: THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!
goldenshadows chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
interesting first couple of chapters. I like how you've described everything in so much detail and how you write all the characters. Looking forward to reading the rest later.
Mystikal chapter 48 . 11/9/2005
Wow, what a great chapter, I am sorry I have been slacking off from reviewing, but as you have also said, RL is hard at times. :-( Well...firstly, last chapter, Faramir was scratched by those beasts, hopefully this is not too bad, as they are magical, could their claws bring something bad as well? And I am expectant to see the next reason why "Hilberon and Ridasha can't love but will in the end..." and Hilberon's father who is such a great character. I really like the parting of the Rohirrim and the Gondorians, that was just beautiful. Arwen's gift to Lothiriel that she gave Eomer sounds bemusing, I'm not exactly sure what it would be. It sounds like something great, and I think the babe is a boy, but who knows, you might surprise me still! I'm glad to see our two heroes are finally getting better, and I hope this continues, in addition to the current matter of trust between Rohan and Dunland, and Gondor and Rhun. Eowyn and Eomer's albeit breif encounter was also very touching, I love how he calls her "little bird" so sweet. I think my favorite thing about you guys's stories is the great display of affection each of the characters displays for each other and how real they act. It is not played out at all, which in itself is such a wonderful thing to read. I absolutely love it.

On a sadder note, it is nearing the end, but I am sure it will be a spectacular ending, so rest assured I shall be there to witness it with you! And if you have any other adventures up your sleeves, do share. Though I can understand if you wish to take a break, RL does seem to call at the most inoportune moments, no?

Fabolous story. I am looking forward to seeing how it is concluded, as though I hate to see it go, as someone wise once said "All good things must come to an end."
Elfwyne chapter 6 . 11/7/2005
Hey, I just found this story, and the beginning was very, very intriguing. But what I found really interesiting was to read you split the writing. I read such things before but it mostly was chapter splitting. Now you guys split the writing by character! Wow! So I'll keep my eyes open for who wrote what, that is.

The first chapters were excellent, good development, leaving me wanting more. OK, i saw you got tons of reviews already, so this is just repetitious, but what the heck?

In this chapter I most loved the line

'Aragorn smiled upon the picture in his mind how Vlohiri had stared at his wife with so much admiration and awe that she had finally frowned and asked him if he was not feeling well.' Laughed heartily about it. It's a fine mix of earnest story and some humorous breaks.
Treebeards Bird chapter 48 . 11/7/2005
Oh, well, I haven't reviewed for some time. Sorry for that. Still following the story, though, and what a marvellous one! Wonderful solution for Harishdane's evil, but - I have to admit - I found it a pity to lose such a potential villain. She might have gotten away to save her for a sequel, ey?

And then there's Vlohiri. I loved him in "Castle" (BTW "Castle" is on the list for this year's Mithril Award, did you notice?) and here he's still the somewhat humble and very caring young friend of the king. Oh, well, nicely done! And Hilberon's a character to love, too. I like very much how Ridasha and he get a little closer. Is there a happy end for them? Please!

I read in other reviews that there'll be nothing new by Timmy. Well, there's still "Untrodden Path" on SoA, right? I haven't read much of it yet, but the opening was nice.

Anyway, both you authors: what a truly phantastic story!
lindahoyland chapter 48 . 11/6/2005
I just love the way you write Aragorn and Vlohiri ,the boy truly loves his is great to see both kings better,though I would have loved to see their reunion.

Lomac intrigues me,I would love to know who he really is!Another gripping chapter.
Aelaer chapter 48 . 11/6/2005
I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry...

*gives up and starts sobbing* It's almost over! Look at this! But we still need to see what will become of Dunland and Rhun, and Ridasha! And all the soldiers, too! Oh man... *cries*

Aragorn: *shakes head and takes part of her Halloween candy*

*sniff* What a moving tale... very moving. Oh man... the end...

*frowns* I still want to know if the rumors of Timmy2 leaving the fandom are true or not... well? *looks expectantly* Are they? I mean, she writes such beautiful Aragorn angst... Eomer is lovely and great as well, but... well, Aragorn IS Aragorn! *sniffles again*

Yea, alright, I'm still crying... but I have to do a few hours of hw. Oh boy _ Well, 'twas nice to read this, yes.
viviana chapter 48 . 11/6/2005
What a beautiful chapter!...now I don't want it to end! snif...but you have to promise us...your loyal fans...you WILL write another story or a sequel...or whatever you want but you HAVE to write another fic!
KatzillaTimmy2222 chapter 48 . 11/6/2005
Hi Everybody! *waves*

We apologize for being so quiet for such a long time again, unfortunately, RL has us firmly in its grasp. But, since there is only one more chapter to come after this one, I once again wanted to express our gratitude to all you avid readers for letting us know your thoughts. It was wonderful to receive so much appreciation for this story, and for your reviews which made us question, re-think, blush or laugh.

For now, I leave to you to the newest chapter and look forward to more than just a little melancholy to next time, when "Twilight of the Gods" will find its end...
lindahoyland chapter 47 . 10/30/2005
I loved the way that Vhliori was able to again help Aragorn but I am still very worried about Ridashka,she tries so is so exciting.I eagerly await more.
sielge chapter 47 . 10/30/2005
Another great chapter from you!...

Update soon!