Reviews for The Talk
shallowness chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
Oh.

Very well written (just the right amount of metaphors and turns of phrases.) Excellent characterisation all round, and I'm glad that Kyle did call Lou on Alex being the trigger for this change (?) of policy from Lou and having her admit it. Very thoughtfully done. You conveyed the breadth and depth of the situation at the NSA and the pressures informing Lou's action. Not only were Things Said that needed to be said, you went that much further, and it was painful because this is meant to be a team. But it's composed of human beings.

And pitch perfect contrast to Lou's serious talk and Diane's vulnerability in the guys version of the talk. Plus very much in the spirit of the show. Great stuff.
ATMcLean chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
Another excellent fic.

The characterisation is spot on, as ever, from Lou's damn the torpedos approach to Kyle's slightly more circumspect approach. And the sexy librarian line had me laughing out loud as did Jake's wistful, 'I like it when she does the penlight thing'.

Your analysis of the probable consequences of Diane's excursion to Philidelphia had Lou not covered for her (a *very* nice bit of plotting there, btw) rings true, as does the warlike nature of the NSA's internal politics.

And the final scene between Kyle and Lou was very nice indeed. I felt for Kyle there, I'd imagine it's never easy knowing when to be the friend of the second in command.
Peregrine2 chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
I like the contrast between the girls and guys and how they typically discuss things. All very nicely done.

Thanks for writing this.