Reviews for Only Son
Hmmm chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
It's not that you don't have talent, it's that you over dramatize small and inconsequential issues. This tends to make Robin look like a wuss and your stories overly drawn out ... like this whole thing should have been around 2000 words. As a writer, if you say it once, you should have said it enough ... if may HAVE to reiterate it, but NOT over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over... get the picture? jsm
Secrets4theunderground chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I thought this was amazing. You have a great talent here and I hope to read both the prequel and sequel to this story.

Thanks for positing this.
1rx4u chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I must say, this is one of the best stories ever! I find this to be exceptional work. Well done!
acrobats they tumble chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Perfect mix of angst and fluff.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
AWESOME!
Youre very talented!;)
Guardian's Song chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
As you said, you chose not to take the unoriginal route - and this fic is better for that. :)

Very nice story. Poor Richard. I liked how you meshed comics and cartoon canon.
Snowboarding Lash chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Well done. I enjoyed this Fanfiction. By far one of the best one shot's I've read.
Crystal Starling chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Woah. I don't know what to say besides, great fic.
RaeRob chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Cool story
PureSakuraMelody chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
A deep and thoughtful, but very sweet piece. You did the psychological bits very well. Pokemon perfumes? Oh, dear. Couldn't resist, could you? Though I do have to agree with you about them. Faorite line: "And if they didn't understand that,well that's why God created fists and Shadow Balls." Well done!
Calamol chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Beautiful, it was full of passion. And crying! Well excecuted. I spent hours reading it word for word.

Sincerely,

Rachel
bamberbabe88 chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
i loved it. it is one of those f/f that seems that could really happen in the comics. some grammatical errors but other than that it was fantastic.
DXM Junkie chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Damn- I cannot get enough of your stories! They are all so realistic and well written!
Betrayed05 chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
that was good. are u going 2 put any more up?
Neoinean chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
You know me on Robin_Raven as Myystic. Thought I'd take you up on your recommendation and puruse your songfics. I must say you were correct, this is nothing like the rest of the fandom's offerings in the genre. I did not see any lyrics though, so I'm going to assume that you removed them from the story to accomodate the new policy.

I liked the notion of the psychic link between the birds. Very scott/jean but without the gag reflex.

How you described their progression in the relationship seemed like a very natural course of events for them, and a necessary pace. My only complaint is that it seemed a bit too much like a summary, almost as though you had already written a fic where these events took place and were therefore only rendering a synopsis. The same goes for the section on Terra's return and for the brief mention of his one-time relationship with starfire. I can understand if you didn't want to go too in-depth because they are tangents and not wholly relevent to the "now" of your story, but you've laid the groundwork for plotlines that have great potential and I was rather disappointed when I checked back in your story list that I didn't find those stories there. It really sounds like this fic wants to be part of a series.

Robin's actions and emotions also seemed very natural. I can totally believe this from him. And Raven's responses were very accurate to her character, too. The other bane of this fandom is poor characterization, but you've nailed the birds and for that I applaud you.

My only other nitpick is that, while we get a great view Dick's feelings for his biological father on father's day, what about his feelings for Bruce? You barely mention the Batman in this fic except at the very end and when you did I was surprised at the canon references you used. They paint a picture of the type of relationship Dick had with Bruce and Robin had with Batman, but we didn't really see any evidence of it beforehand. This isn't a complaint about the writing but more of the lament of a spolied Batman fan so you can ignore this last paragraph if you want to. The animated Robin is not the comics Robin and I have to constantly tell myself that as I watch the show (and read fanfiction).

Anyway, stellar job with this fic. I only wish that more writers in the fandom could portray the characters as well as you do, especially Robin and Raven.