Reviews for Painted
Araedia chapter 11 . 9/25/2011
I loved this story. It was just so incredibly real. The characters were really perfect for the AU situation, so don't worry about them being OOC. Just simply beautiful.
Shadow Cat17 chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
Wow! This is a beautiful story and so well written! Thanks for writing!
solaesce chapter 11 . 2/11/2007
This is a pretty cool story. I like it a lot.
Purple1 chapter 11 . 12/26/2006
Dear god I wish I could march right up to you and give you a hug. Awesome imagination, for one! That was the most creative story-line I've read in a long time on (and I read ALOT).

I hope you are proud of your story. You deserve it.
Yoshi chapter 11 . 12/17/2005
I love it! Love it. It is so friggin' awesome and beautiful.
AniMeViEtGrl chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
*gasp!* nice beginning for the story!...gr...Naraku's such a...a...a...! #$%&*!
hikaritenshi91 chapter 5 . 3/4/2005
this story is amazing. I feel as if I am right there watching everything as it unfolds. You seem as if you are right there feeling all the emotions and WOW this is one of the best stories i have ever read. I have always wanted to know more about geishas(right spelling?) and even though this probobly isnt tru, Its great. My friends and i write stories together for fanfic. i was hoping we could talk and get some ideas for a new story been thinking of. Email my friend at bubblingbrookemarie and talk 2 . great story , if it isnt finished i hope you update k , Chow and sianara.
Kohikari chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
Oh yeah, I forgot to say this while reviewing, but... GO KAGURA! wOOt! ""Hmm, not so chipper today are we? I'd love to stay and chat, but you know, I gotta go. Like, leave the building."...'I'm free, you're not,'..."Hey Naraku!" she called, grinning. "I just realized that these bars here-" she tapped them. "They prevent you from getting out. Look at that, because I'm on this side, I can leave!"" *falls out of chair laughing* I just wanna hug her. I swear, from now on I'm a Kagura fan. The epilogue was therapy, I swear. *smirk* Although, in my opinion, Kagura wasn't insulting enough.0466
Kohikari chapter 11 . 12/4/2004
Okay, the first thing I want to say is that while I was reading this story, I REALLY wanted to smash something. I massacred about fifty of those annoying little "Free X-box duck target" ads. (I know the secret to killing them all without one annoying pop-up! *evil laugh*) Seriously, I was about a millimeter away from picking my mouse up by the cord, swinging it like a mace, and smashing the computer screen as an outlet for Naraku's face. (Me during the evil-Naraku chapters: "Kil...Kill... *twitch* MUST SMASH *'X' rated words* !" Hulk smash! -.-;;)

...Yeah. I have inanimate object anger management issues. (You should see what I do with the things I walk into or stub my toes on! NOT a pretty picture...)

All that aside, you are GREAT at playing with the emotions of your readers. Every single one of your stories that I have read invokes strong emotional responses. Even the ones that aren't angst. I really love your writing.

Now excuse me while I go massacre some innocent pillow...

-Kohikari*
Iggy - Essence of Angst chapter 11 . 11/20/2004
I read this whole entire thing in two days, and when you were previously typing it out, I didn't even know it existed. In other words, this review needs to be long enough to make up for all the chapters in this story. Where to start?

I came across the title of this fanfic a few times, but for some reason the summary actually repelled me. It didn't make sense, and it didn't tell me a thing about what the fanfic was going to be based on, which is what attracts me to fanfics. I passed it, at least 5 or 6 times (each of those times being at least a week apart) and the saying, "Never judge a book by its cover" never once flashed in my mind.

Well, I went to your biography, (since I figured you were such a good writer {assumption made by reading Void, I love that story!} you had to have other fanfics written by this time!) and I came across it. I scrolled all the way down, but -almost- every single one of your fanfics I had already read were still there. Then my eyes read "Painted" and the clueless summary about it, and I thought, "Well, why not? It won't kill me to try reading the first chapter." Believe it or not, the one fanfic that I thought would be my least favourite (out of your list) has just become my second favourite fanfic. And I've read tons of Mir/San fanfics involving Angst.

The first chapter immediately hooked me by the end. When I realized that Sango was going to be sold as a protistute, I thought, "Oh my god, this is horrifyingly good." No, I don't delight in authors torturing chars in fanfics, but the way you started it off was just brilliant. By the time Miroku came in, and she was "paid" to pleasure him (eg: "Does Miroku-sama want his way with me, or shall I undress myself?" {or whatever the words were, can't remember!}, my mouth dropped open. Literally. And the way you described it was as if -you- were actually living the story as Sango herself. *goes back to chapter 4 to remember what was typed*

eg: "How does Miroku-sama wish to have me?" she asked in an emotionless tone.

I thought, "Oh my god... she is actually going to force herself to do it?" I had to keep reminding myself, 'She's been doing this for almost four years, it's routine to her', but I was still incredibly shocked. By the second last chapter, I clicked the chapter selection menu, and realized that there was only an epilogue left. My thoughts? 'What? It's ending? But - I don't want it to end! I love this story!' And truthfully I do. This has widened my perspective on what abused women really go through as prostitutes (god that sounded lame) but in all honestly, it really did. I love this story for its angst, its tragedy, and overall, the plot. A lot of fanfics (if you really search hard) have amazing plots (eg. If You Need Her {don't remember the author}) that simply make me go, "Oh my god, how did the author think up -this- idea? I've never seen it before." Anyway, a lot of fanfics out there have amazingly good plots... but for some reason unknown to me, yours was different. Maybe it was the abuse that Sango endured. Maybe it was the fact that she overcame her obstacle even though it had been routine to her for 4 years without any sign of hope after being punished constantly for her vain efforts. Maybe it was what the whole story was based on, that caught my attention. And I don't mean the tears and frustrations about lack of hope. I mean the "punishments", the torment that Sango lived through for 4 years, and the fact that she really had to suffer through all that pain and she did NOT become a completely broken person. That amazed me. Also, about your characters being OOC... they weren't really all that OOC. This story takes place in a different time in a completely different situation. Their personalities were still there, but their experiences as growing up were still "innocent" and "pure', so they were not as strong as they would have been in the original InuYasha series. I hope that made sense. When Kagura became free out of jail, and she started to taunt Naraku, I was like, "ALRIGHT! WH00T!" If the story hadn't originally been so serious, I would have laughed at loud. I was also cringing and thinking, "oh boy, he's going kill her just by using a death glare!" It was funny, though. Very funny.

*reads another review by suicidalslayer* What? You're thinking of SUICIDE? Oh god. No. Please don't do something as foolish as that. You are such a great writer, Aprill... you used such descriptive words that I couldn't even understand them (;_; leave me alone, my brain's tired and I'm not in Academic English!). But anyways, please don't give up. Suicide is NOT worth it. You should consider writing as a career. I thought I was good, but you... you're just an exceptional writer. I think this story is even better than Run Kagome (by Elkonigin) in terms of description, which is saying something, bcuz that story has been my favourite for the past 3 months. By the way, nice reunion with Kohaku... although I guessed it had to be him when you made Miroku meet up with him. I mean, who else could it be and why would you bother making Miroku order the boy to talk to him? *winks* well, I'd love to make this longer, but it's 11:15. Keep writing, May. Please. Wonderful story.
FluffyLemonn chapter 11 . 9/26/2004
(I'm too lazy to sign in.)

...YOU wrote Painted! I...I voted for this! In the contest! I can't believe this! Omg!

I looked at your profile because you reviewed Dirty Little Thief...

...I had no idea...

Do you have any idea how precious this story is to me?

~FL
Personification of Fluff chapter 5 . 9/21/2004
I disagree.

I think that you did a wonderful job explaining why Miroku went into Berzerker mode at knowing that Sango was lying with men. It wasn't in black and white, it didn't say: 'yo, here's why Miroku's pissed', it's just obvious to someone who is reading the story. The hurt. The pain. The deception. Never knowing. And how you did! Oh! 'rusty chainsaw'? It was just beautiful!

(As a P.S. If anyone HAS said that your characters are OOC, ignore them because they are idiots. Your story is AU. This Sango and Miroku have had different experiences and have led them to be different people entirely. They are just fools for thinking that someone who was forced into prostitution at 13 can be the same person as a girl who was trained to be a demon slayer willingly.)
ColdPersianFusion chapter 11 . 9/18/2004
My god this story is soo dramatic! I love reading it the whole time and this sis my first Miroku/sango romance story that I have read because I'm not a big fan of them but this story made me to think twice. I just love the plot and setting. Miroku is so sweet and heroic in this story and touching.

from a lovely angel

angelamisaki

flying out now

favorite chapter 10
Kitten Kisses chapter 11 . 9/10/2004
I give it a 10/10! The epilogue was PERFECT. D I especially loved the first part, with Kagura. Heehee _

Great job! you're a wonderful authoress. And the dedication is superb. Dedications always make me wonder. -x

Thanks for a wonderful story!
Kitten Kisses chapter 10 . 9/10/2004
*claps*

I nearly cried at Kagome-chan and Sango-chan's reunion. *snif*

Good job. _ I've loved this story since i started it.